Johnny Damon hurt.

Jet/BosoxFan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Yankees should've traded Melky this past off season.

Only if they could have gotten somebody as good as Ron Villone in return...that dude is a STUD!!

Only if they could have gotten somebody as good as Ron Villone in return...that dude is a STUD!!

I did say the yankees shouldn't have signed villone before this season but why let that fact get in the way of you being stupid as usual.

I did say the yankees shouldn't have signed villone before this season but why let that fact get in the way of you being stupid as usual.

NOT sign Ron Villone? Are you kidding me? Dude is unhittable. Puts the likes of Mike Gonzalez to shame. He's so good that somebody might even pay him to pitch in the MAJORS this season.

NOT sign Ron Villone? Are you kidding me? Dude is unhittable. Puts the likes of Mike Gonzalez to shame. He's so good that somebody might even pay him to pitch in the MAJORS this season.

You really have nothing besides that 8 month old crap?

You really have nothing besides that 8 month old crap?

It's hard to let go of the second most riddiculous statement you've ever heard in your life in regards to a sports discussion. I've come to realize that when you talk sports all the time...every five or six years there will be somebody that says something so unbeliveably riddiculous that it will stay with you forever. You should be happy to know that you are a distant second though. Most riddiculous belongs to a guy who said Brandon Lyon was the chosen closer by 80% of MLB GMs over Mariano Rivera. Now that was three years ago but I'll take that one to my grave. Hilarious.

It's hard to let go of the second most riddiculous statement you've ever heard in your life in regards to a sports discussion. I've come to realize that when you talk sports all the time...every five or six years there will be somebody that says something so unbeliveably riddiculous that it will stay with you forever. You should be happy to know that you are a distant second though. Most riddiculous belongs to a guy who said Brandon Lyon was the chosen closer by 80% of MLB GMs over Mariano Rivera. Now that was three years ago but I'll take that one to my grave. Hilarious.

I've explained over and over again why AT THE TIME i felt that keeping villone would be better for the Yankees then trading for Gonzalez. The fact that you're continuing to take me out of context of the situation shows how little you care about being honest and what your real agenda is. To try to make others look stupid with misinformation.

I've explained over and over again why AT THE TIME i felt that keeping villone would be better for the Yankees then trading for Gonzalez. The fact that you're continuing to take me out of context of the situation shows how little you care about being honest and what your real agenda is. To try to make others look stupid with misinformation.

Right..and it shows that your agenda is to spin anything you say that looks foolish down the road so you look smarter than everyone else (in your mind at least)

Hey wait a minute...I thought I was stupid so you were putting me on ignore...I'll never trust you again Mike.

Right..and it shows that your agenda is to spin anything you say that looks foolish down the road so you look smarter than everyone else (in your mind at least)
It has nothing to do with making me look smarter then anyone. I've explained the reasons i felt that way over and over again. You saying "MIKE THINKS VILLONE IS BETTER THEN GONZALEZ!!!!1111!!!!111!!!! OMGORGZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" over and over again is a COMPLETE misrepresentation of what i said and it just intented (as most of your posts are) to be argumentative and insulting.

It has nothing to do with making me look smarter then anyone. I've explained the reasons i felt that way over and over again. You saying "MIKE THINKS VILLONE IS BETTER THEN GONZALEZ!!!!1111!!!!111!!!! OMGORGZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" over and over again is a COMPLETE misrepresentation of what i said and it just intented (as most of your posts are) to be argumentative and insulting.

I TOLD YOU!!!! YEAH BABY....on the fast track to the Majors...will Vegas change the odds now on Colorado winning the WS if this happpens?

Kicking the tires on Villone

Apr 4 - Several teams, including the Rockies, are interested in signing free-agent left-hander Ron Villone, The Denver Post reports.

According to The New York Post, the Yankees, who released Villone last week, have offered the veteran reliever a minor league deal with an out by May 1. The newspaper also reports the Phillies decided to pass on signing Villone.

BTW Mike...keep spinning

I TOLD YOU!!!! YEAH BABY....on the fast track to the Majors...will Vegas change the odds now on Colorado winning the WS if this happpens?

Kicking the tires on Villone

Apr 4 - Several teams, including the Rockies, are interested in signing free-agent left-hander Ron Villone, The Denver Post reports.

According to The New York Post, the Yankees, who released Villone last week, have offered the veteran reliever a minor league deal with an out by May 1. The newspaper also reports the Phillies decided to pass on signing Villone.

BTW Mike...keep spinning

Why does an april 4th have ANY relevance when I said in February that the yankees shouldn't have signed villone?

Why does an april 4th have ANY relevance when I said in February that the yankees shouldn't have signed villone?

I'm done with this one for now but I won't hesitate to bring it up again when you tell all of us how smart you are. You said Villone was a better option than Gonzalez. From that point on Villone posted an ERA over 7.00 and Gonzalez went on the DL with an injury that he probably could have pitched through if he had played for a contender. Even if he couldn't have pitched through it I have no doubt that anybody who replaced him would have done better than a 7.00 ERA. Instead of saying "I was wrong, Villone was terrible" you blame Joe Torre but conveniently ignore the fact that Villone is a guy who never would have made it out of AA if he was a righty. Admit it Mike, Villone was fools gold. You saw him have three good months and allowed it to negate his mediocre (at best) career he'd had to that point. Once Ron Villone sopped pitching like a quality reliever and started pitching more like Ron Villone, you blamed Joe Torre. Who's fault was it that he sucked for the decade leading up to that? I said the Yankees should dump him while he might still have some value and you said he was their best option at that point. Who was right Mike?

The yankees don't need a closer and with Gonzalez's numbers if they need him to close games they are in BIG trouble. Villone is better them him in EVERY stat. ERA WHIP AVG AVGvsLEFTY's and on and on.

WHO CARES that he can close that means nothing to the yankees. They are getting Dotel back and he can close too. Villone is better then Gonzalez in EVERY STAT. Anyone who walks 25 guys in 40 innings is a bad closer.

If the yankees need to rely on Gonzalez OR Dotel to close they are in BIG BIG trouble.

This isn't about getting a future closer. THIS YEAR villone is better. The yankees will be able to sign bullpen guys in the offseason who are better then Gonzalez without giving up anything not to mention they have JB Cox and TJ Beam coming.

Neither Villone or Gonzalez should be in the yankees' long term bullpen plans and this year villone is better in a MUCH better league. thats why i don't make the tade.

Even if villone IS a fluke for this year i'd rather have him during his fluke year then comitting to another set up man who walks WAY too many hitters when Scot Shields is a FA this offseason. I never said phillips was a good hitter. He's not. But he's a good defensive 1B.

If you have some honesty you'll see that it's pretty clear that i was talking about the same things FROM THE BEGINNING. That villone was a SHORT TERM PLAYER. That gonzalez had never proved himself as a set up man and that Villone had better numbers AT THAT TIME.

I'm done with this one for now but I won't hesitate to bring it up again when you tell all of us how smart you are. You said Villone was a better option than Gonzalez. From that point on Villone posted an ERA over 7.00 and Gonzalez went on the DL with an injury that he probably could have pitched through if he had played for a contender. Even if he couldn't have pitched through it I have no doubt that anybody who replaced him would have done better than a 7.00 ERA. Instead of saying "I was wrong, Villone was terrible" you blame Joe Torre but conveniently ignore the fact that Villone is a guy who never would have made it out of AA if he was a righty. Admit it Mike, Villone was fools gold. You saw him have three good months and allowed it to negate his mediocre (at best) career he'd had to that point. Once Ron Villone sopped pitching like a quality reliever and started pitching more like Ron Villone, you blamed Joe Torre. Who's fault was it that he sucked for the decade leading up to that? I said the Yankees should dump him while he might still have some value and you said he was their best option at that point. Who was right Mike?

Even Torre admitted AND APOLOGIZED to Villone for overusing him. Anyone looking at his IP numbers from last year without an agenda knows that he was CLEARLY overused and that was a factor in his collapse in the 2nd half of the year.

If you have some honesty you'll see that it's pretty clear that i was talking about the same things FROM THE BEGINNING. That villone was a SHORT TERM PLAYER. That gonzalez had never proved himself as a set up man and that Villone had better numbers AT THAT TIME.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MIKE...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU....you clearly stated that Ron Villone was out best option and from that point on he posted an ERA bigger than his hat size. So is this the moment? Is this it? Are you finally admitting that you were wrong? That Ron "I was good for three months" Villone was NOT the Yankees best option? I'm beside myself. Mike has dug up quotes where he said a guy who posted a 7+ ERA was a better option than a younger, harder throwing, more productive pitcher with a future as a closer. You clearly could not have been more wrong in what you were saying and thanks again for bringing it to everyones attention. It takes a big man to admit that they're wrong (dead wrong even)....congrats Mike. This is definitely a step in the right direction for you.

Even Torre admitted AND APOLOGIZED to Villone for overusing him. Anyone looking at his IP numbers from last year without an agenda knows that he was CLEARLY overused and that was a factor in his collapse in the 2nd half of the year.

Torre covers for his players regularly. It's what good managers do. Villone is a lifelong scrub Mike. Sorry.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MIKE...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU....you clearly stated that Ron Villone was out best option and from that point on he posted an ERA bigger than his hat size. So is this the moment? Is this it? Are you finally admitting that you were wrong? That Ron "I was good for three months" Villone was NOT the Yankees best option? I'm beside myself. Mike has dug up quotes where he said a guy who posted a 7+ ERA was a better option than a younger, harder throwing, more productive pitcher with a future as a closer. You clearly could not have been more wrong in what you were saying and thanks again for bringing it to everyones attention. It takes a big man to admit that they're wrong (dead wrong even)....congrats Mike. This is definitely a step in the right direction for you.

What in fact happened from that point on is meaningless. I made a judgment at that point and i'm not going to back off it because things didn't work out that way. I had no way of knowing the level of overuse that villone would be under just like you had no way of knowing that Gonzalez would go on the DL.

What in fact happened from that point on is meaningless. I made a judgment at that point and i'm not going to back off it because things didn't work out that way. I had no way of knowing the level of overuse that villone would be under just like you had no way of knowing that Gonzalez would go on the DL.

So do you mean that for that discussion you just meant that Villone was the best option that day and it might be somebody else for tomorrow? Of course you didn't foresee his collapse like I did. That's why I was right and you were wrong. I said deal him while he has value and you said keep him for the season. Which option would have been better? Isn't that what these discussions are about? Debates and predictions? I predicted that Villone was going to falter as he was pitching over his head, and you predicted that trading him for Gonzalez would have been a bad move. Again, it was said at the time that Gonzalez' injury would not have kept him from pitching if he was on a contender, and even if he couldn't pitch...how hard would it have been to find somebody better than Villone? Why do you have such a hard time admitting that you were wrong and I was right? Okay, you don't even have to say I was right...we'll leave that out. You said that the Yankees best option was Ron Villone. That was your prediction. Were you right or wrong? Simple question Mike...I can't make it any easier than that.

Anyone with ANY common sense knows that he was clearly overused. You're just not being honest if you don't admit that.

I never said he wasn't overused Mike. When did I say that? All I've ever said is that he sucks. The numbers throughout his career and even moreso after I made the statement proved me to be correct. Thank you.

So do you mean that for that discussion you just meant that Villone was the best option that day and it might be somebody else for tomorrow? Of course you didn't foresee his collapse like I did. That's why I was right and you were wrong. I said deal him while he has value and you said keep him for the season. Which option would have been better? Isn't that what these discussions are about? Debates and predictions? I predicted that Villone was going to falter as he was pitching over his head, and you predicted that trading him for Gonzalez would have been a bad move. Again, it was said at the time that Gonzalez' injury would not have kept him from pitching if he was on a contender, and even if he couldn't pitch...how hard would it have been to find somebody better than Villone? Why do you have such a hard time admitting that you were wrong and I was right? Okay, you don't even have to say I was right...we'll leave that out. You said that the Yankees best option was Ron Villone. That was your prediction. Were you right or wrong? Simple question Mike...I can't make it any easier than that.
It turned out that the yankees should've probably traded for Gonzalez because they could've flipped him for Adam LaRoche in the offseason so they probably should've done the trade in hindsight (however it was never clear who they would have to give up for him.) However I don't regret for a second what i said. I was giving an informed opinion based on hard information. You keep ignoring Villone's CRIMINAL overuse by torre which i had no way of seeing at that time. I also had no way of knowing that a villone for laroche parlay would be possible.

It turned out that the yankees should've probably traded for Gonzalez because they could've flipped him for Adam LaRoche in the offseason so they probably should've done the trade in hindsight (however it was never clear who they would have to give up for him.) However I don't regret for a second what i said. I was giving an informed opinion based on hard information. You keep ignoring Villone's CRIMINAL overuse by torre which i had no way of seeing at that time. I also had no way of knowing that a villone for laroche parlay would be possible.

So you were wrong? Is that what you're saying? I mean...you said keep him, and I said trade him. I'm pretty sure that leaves me in the "right" category and since your opinion was completely different than mine..it only leaves "wrong". Now if you didn't go back and look at Villones career like I did and see that he was pitching over his head like me, well...that's not my fault. Problem is you used a few months of stats instead of a whole decade which is quite shocking to me when you consider all the times you tell people how stupid they are for using "small sample sizes" when that's exactly what you did with Villone. You were wrong then weren't you?

So you were dead wrong? Is that what you're saying? I mean...you said keep him, and I said trade him. I'm pretty sure that leaves me in the "right" category and since your opinion was completely different than mine..it only leaves "wrong". Now if you didn't go back and look at Villones career like I did and see that he was pitching over his head like me, well...that's not my fault. Problem is you used a few months of stats instead of a whole decade which is quite shocking to me when you consider all the times you tell people how stupid they are for using "small sample sizes" when that's exactly what you did with Villone. You were wrong then weren't you?

In order to never have to talk about this again:

I was wrong, you were right.

In order to never have to talk about this again:

I was wrong, you were right.

Good job Mike. Seriously.

Now I'd love to say I'd admit being wrong about Randy Johnson this year if he pitches lights out in the NL but I'm afraid I won't be able to do that. I just don't think he had the stones to pitch in New York. I will however admit that I was wrong about Andy Phillips. I also said he should be included in that deal and could probably be a 20+ HR guy but I was wrong. See, it's not so bad. None of us are perfect and it's just a much nicer place when we can admit it. Kudos.

Good job Mike. Seriously.

Now I'd love to say I'd admit being wrong about Randy Johnson this year if he pitches lights out in the NL but I'm afraid I won't be able to do that. I just don't think he had the stones to pitch in New York. I will however admit that I was wrong about Andy Phillips. I also said he should be included in that deal and could probably be a 20+ HR guy but I was wrong. See, it's not so bad. None of us are perfect and it's just a much nicer place when we can admit it. Kudos.

Are you going to admit you were wrong and i was right when Cairo and Minggarbagewicz are off the yankees by july first (hopefully)

The idea that i've said that i'm never wrong is completely in your mind, not my posts.

Are you going to admit you were wrong and i was right when Cairo and Minggarbagewicz are off the yankees by july first (hopefully)

The idea that i've said that i'm never wrong is completely in your mind, not my posts.

Actually Mike, I can't lie to you. I don't support those moves as strongly as I indicated earlier. I don't hate the signings as much as you do, but I'm not as thrilled with them as I was letting on. I was just busting your chops.

Here's how I HONESTLY feel about those moves...

Menky should be used as long as the Yankees are winning. When you have a line up like they do, you shouldn't need much or even any production out of your #9 hitter. I love defense personally and I think it's grossly overlooked by most teams/fans nowadasy. I think Menky is in a class of his own defensively and he makes the entire infield better. If he plays regularly and hits .260 I'm fine with it. If he's as bad as you say and he's around the .230 or .240 mark all season I say dump him by all means. He'd be a terrible signing for a team that can't hit, but for the Yankees he could work out fine IMO.

Cario? What can you do? They needed a utility guy and there wasnt much out there to choose from. I'd have no problem seeing him replaced with a more quality player but again, when you have Jeter, Giambi, A-Rod, Cano, Abreu, Matsui, and Posada in your line up...it shouldn't matter that you're carrying a guy like Cairo. He doesn't bring much to the table but he's well liked and again...if the Yankees are counting on Menky or Cairo to provide much offense in order for them to win...they're done anyway and it becomes a moot point.

So now you're backing off the 5 pages of arguing in defense of those putrid signings and admitting that you were just trying to be argumentitive...

No...that would only be the case if I honestly hated the signings. I wasnt as happy about them as I was letting on. I could live with them though. I didn't like your "doom and gloom" attitude about everything the Yankees were doing. I guess I was capable of seeing the silver lining in those players whereas you presented them as moves that did nothing whatsoever for the team. I do disagree with that so I think we still could have gone five pages based on the fact that I didn't agree with you.

It's funny that you called someone else out about being banned, yet you continue to throw personal attacks at people. Cut it out.

How exactly are silly threads to piss people off related to personal attacks? I'm sure I'd be able to make the connection if I wasn't so stupid...can sombebody pleas explain it. Oh, and type slowly for me. Thanks.

Archived