I will big the Big toe and predict

afosomf

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might happen, but I think this sweep was more of the cardinals sucking than the Mets improving. I knew the cardinals wouldn't be as good, but that was just pitiful. They're 3 games behind the Pirates now. I would make one about the Pirates beating them, but there aren't any clock sounds left.

I dont think their pitching would hold up to most AL lineups. There are far more power hitters there and alot more pitching that is better than theirs. Beating up on Carinal pitching that had a total of 22 wins last year isnt something to brag about.

I dont think their pitching would hold up to most AL lineups. There are far more power hitters there and alot more pitching that is better than theirs. Beating up on Carinal pitching that had a total of 22 wins last year isnt something to brag about.

And beating up on Devil Ray pitching is?

Beating up on Carinal pitching that had a total of 22 wins last year isnt something to brag about.

hahaha

but if they had lost to cards it would have been somthing for you to brag about,,

DH makes it impossible to compare leagues over a 162 game season, ,when are people going to realize that,,

The AL designs its teams for DH and NL designs teams for strategy ball due to weak link hitter and possibility of hot pitcher coming out in close games..

do things get cyclical, ,sure,, but in long run its tough when they dont have same design strategy.

hahaha

DH makes it impossible to compare leagues over a 162 game season, ,when are people going to realize that,,

The AL designs its teams for DH and NL designs teams for strategy ball due to weak link hitter and possibility of hot pitcher coming out in close games..

do things get cyclical, ,sure,, but in long run its tough when they dont have same design strategy.

You are spot on in that statement. The way the game is approached and the manner that it is managed is completely different.

You get these OPS fools who want to spout their numbers and make comparisons like they have a factual grounding, and the comparisons do not hold up at all.

Great point.

I hate the DH, especially during interleague play. Most AL teams have a 9th hitter for the DH spot that is usually a very good hitter; are NL teams expected to pay a guy millions of dollars to play 9 games a year during interleague play on the road? It should be no-DH for all interleague games, not just home NL games.

I hate the DH, especially during interleague play. Most AL teams have a 9th hitter for the DH spot that is usually a very good hitter; are NL teams expected to pay a guy millions of dollars to play 9 games a year during interleague play on the road? It should be no-DH for all interleague games, not just home NL games.

The teams are constructed very differently with the way the League rules are applied.

It is an unfair AL advantage to a certain degree. Is that the total reason for some current imbalance, of course not. But it contributes

tock...tock...tock....tock....tock...tock

comments

ticks and tocks are annoying gimmicky ways to cover your ass when 80% of your predictions prove false. It also allows you to forgo any discussion as to why you feel this way. WHY do you feel the mets will do better? You think their rotation will hold up and their old guys won't slow down?

tick.. tock instead of intelligent debate is annoying and useless.

ticks and tocks are annoying gimmicky ways to cover your ass when 80% of your predictions prove false. It also allows you to forgo any discussion as to why you feel this way. WHY do you feel the mets will do better? You think their rotation will hold up and their old guys won't slow down?

It's only annoying if you allow it to be. Useless? Well that just can't be prevented.

God forbid someone tries to bring any useless fun to the board. We can't have any of that.

haha

POTW nominee

Jank fans just cant stand the tick,,its still killin em :P

HAHAHA and the tick tockin' will continue.The Spankee fans are fallin' off the Map this year for sure.But have no fear my pinstriped friends there's always room for more Mets fans in NY, So buy yourself a Mets Hat and blend in SLOWLY.;)

HAHAHA and the tick tockin' will continue.The Spankee fans are fallin' off the Map this year for sure.But have no fear my pinstriped friends there's always room for more Mets fans in NY, So buy yourself a Mets Hat and blend in SLOWLY.;)

still so very early,, i am sure the janks will get it going

still so very early,, i am sure the janks will get it going

Yes, it is way early- it's still APRIL for crissakes!

But it is interesting that no one has gotten off to a blazing start, and everyone is off the schneid, so maybe we will have a bunch of close races to watch this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Did ASSMOP bring the 'Vermont Voodoo' to Janks?

Jesus what is this tock thing about. Any way we can ban that word? Holy sh!t it's annoying.

The Yankees are playing like crap right now. Right now is April. April means they have only played 1 month of a 6 month season. And that means making predictions now makes you look f*cking stupid.

Which is basically just what I would expect from a$$mop.

Jesus what is this tock thing about. Any way we can ban that word? Holy sh!t it's annoying.

The Yankees are playing like crap right now. Right now is April. April means they have only played 1 month of a 6 month season. And that means making predictions now makes you look f*cking stupid.

tock....tock....tock....tock....tock

r u nuts?

publications ,newpapers, espn , everyone makes predictions before a season,,big deal,, will he be right? who knows, ,but if you are saying making before season predictions is nuts, then uh,,wake up...

every season we have a Predict Jets record thread,,you need to chill guy....

Yeah, it was pretty lame of Assmop to steal your schtick like that.

As a Yankees fan, I'm heartened. Assmop is never right about anything.

SJ has the tick

He did not feel confident this year

I do, the mets are the better team ... thus the tock........

Mets 13

Janks 8

I will update monthly

BTW i precicted Jets would take Cotchery in 4th rd, not too bad for never getting anything right

i precicted Jets would take Cotchery in 4th rd, not too bad for never getting anything right

Fair enough. I stand corrected. Once, a couple years ago, you got something right. Out of nearly 2,500 posts, thats a heck of a record.

Fair enough. I stand corrected. Once, a couple years ago, you got something right. Out of nearly 2,500 posts, thats a heck of a record.

and you have predicted what?

or are you one of those Florida weathermem who predict partly sunny every day.

tock...tock...tock...tock

Archived