New York City's best baseball team...

Jet/BosoxFan

Its called freedom of speech,,,

just like the daily yankee circle jerk that occurs here.. ;)

There is no daily yankee circle jerk. You just want an excuse to post moronic threads that have nothing to do with actual baseball discussions.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bro I know where you are going with this. But it is still a terrible analogy. 6 - 2 is a pretty wide margin. The Steelers only have what 4 more Super Bowl wins than the Jets do? That is pretty close, NOT.

Max-You also have to take into consideration what it used to be like to be an expansion team, in baseball past. Nothing like it is today when you have FA and such. You literally had to build from teh ground up.

Up until the Marlins first WS, the Mets were the quickest expansion team to win a WS, and that was 8 years.

Am I makinh the argument that the Mets have been as good as the Yankees during overlapping history? No. But again, you are dealing with different starting points.

The Mets have NY at times during teh strecth, as well the Yankees. Certainly, teh Yankees have had greater sustainable success.

But hey, whatever you want to hitch your wagon on to.

Max-You also have to take into consideration what it used to be like to be an expansion team, in baseball past. Nothing like it is today when you have FA and such. You literally had to build from teh ground up.

Up until the Marlins first WS, the Mets were the quickest expansion team to win a WS, and that was 8 years.

Am I makinh the argument that the Mets have been as good as the Yankees during overlapping history? No. But again, you are dealing with different starting points.

The Mets have NY at times during teh strecth, as well the Yankees. Certainly, teh Yankees have had greater sustainable success.

But hey, whatever you want to hitch your wagon on to.

Scott we are saying the same thing I think. The Yankees are better regardless of how you add it all up. Yet the Mets are not the laughing stock that people make them out to be. They just get lost in a giant shadow that we call Yankee greatness.

If they were in a different city, they would be much better off.

At least that is what I think we are both saying, hahaha!

Scott we are saying the same thing I think. The Yankees are better regardless of how you add it all up. Yet the Mets are not the laughing stock that people make them out to be. They just get lost in a giant shadow that we call Yankee greatness.

If they were in a different city, they would be much better off.

At least that is what I think we are both saying, hahaha!

Yes, we both agree that 26-2 is an utterly idiotic comparison. I think even you are embarrased by the number 26 being thrown around, and are uncomfortable the way some wear it as a badge.

Totals are meaningless, all that matters is winning % in world series appearances.

Pirates: .714

Yankees: .667

Mets: .500

Actually, it should be total OPS of all players ever on their roster. THAT is what is most important.

I know stats, and which ones are the best to base discussion on relating to the best ever, and OPS is it.

Also, it doesn't matter how many world series games that each team has won. What really matters is how many world series games they've lost, right SJ? Bob will back me up on this. Yankees have lost 13 series compared to 2 each for the Mets (and Pirates)!

You see now, that is just logical thinking. That has no place in grounded debate when 26-2 comes up.

I feel many of the younger Yankee bandwagon fans have no idea that the Mets were an expansion team, and they just saw the high school gear head in his "got rings" t-shirt, and fell in instant man-love infatuation.

Bandwagon's got nothing to do it. Just because some of us are "younger" doesn't mean we're bandwagon fans because we haven't been fans for as long as older people, it just means we're younger smarta$$. I'm a Yankee fan because my Dad's a Yankees fan and I live in New York. That's just a pathetic attempt to try and bash Yankee fans by calling us bandwagoners, and you just end up looking dumb.

And back in reality, it's hard to say exactly who the best team is right now. Both teams had good regular seasons and poor postseasons last year and split their season series. We'll see what happens in interleague play.

There is no daily yankee circle jerk. You just want an excuse to post moronic threads that have nothing to do with actual baseball discussions.

a, yes there is,,

and b, yikes,, what thread did i start in aseball forum that was moronic?

a, yes there is,,

and b, yikes,, what thread did i start in aseball forum that was moronic?

a there is NOT. when you have yankee fans arguing with each other all the time thats NOT a daily circle jerk.

b thats all you do. start threads that don't have anything to do with actual baseball. just excuses to bash the yankees.

Totals are meaningless, all that matters is winning % in world series appearances.

Pirates: .714

Yankees: .667

Mets: .500

So I guess by that logic the Florida Marlins are the greatest franchise in all of sports with their 1.000 winning pct in World Series appearances. Forget about the Yankees, Manchester United, Dallas Cowboys and Boston Celtics.

a there is NOT. when you have yankee fans arguing with each other all the time thats NOT a daily circle jerk.

b thats all you do. start threads that don't have anything to do with actual baseball. just excuses to bash the yankees.

you are showing yourself to be quite the class clown today.

your journalism career is in jeopardy if you cant take talk that doesnt kiss the ass of your favorite team.

It might be time to grow up bucko ;)

you are showing yourself to be quite the class clown today.

your journalism career is in jeopardy if you cant take talk that doesnt kiss the ass of your favorite team.

It might be time to grow up bucko ;)

This has NOTHING to do with kissing the yankees' ass. If you've read any of my posts you would know that the LAST thing i do is kiss the yankees' ass. This has to do with threads are are about NOTHING but BS. Show me the yankee circle jerk. There is none. The real circle jerk is the unaccountable yankee haters.

This has NOTHING to do with kissing the yankees' ass. If you've read any of my posts you would know that the LAST thing i do is kiss the yankees' ass. This has to do with threads are are about NOTHING but BS. Show me the yankee circle jerk. There is none. The real circle jerk is the unaccountable yankee haters.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33315

If you're not smart enough to realize that that thread is a joke then maybe you should just kill yourself.

and most of mt threads in baseball forum are debate points,, very few bs,, look them up,, but even if some are bs, ,wo cares, ,its a freakin message board ,,its about goofin off an dhavin fun,, thats my point, you are ok with fun and sarcasim until it hits the almight janks..

and most of mt threads in baseball forum are debate points,, very few bs,, look them up,, but even if some are bs, ,wo cares, ,its a freakin message board ,,its about goofin off an dhavin fun,, thats my point, you are ok with fun and sarcasim until it hits the almight janks..

You type like Carl from sling blade. There is a difference between just having fun and the constant met/sox vs yankee fan BS. It's a complete waste of everyones time.

You type like Carl from sling blade. There is a difference between just having fun and the constant met/sox vs yankee fan BS. It's a complete waste of everyones time.

I watched Sling Blade the other day and for the life of me I can't recall any scenes that showed him typing. Typewriter, word processor, computer...none of em. I'll have to go back and watch it again.

again,, you dont get it,,why is it a waste of time? cause you dont like or agree with it?

you just cant take it,, come on , grow some balls

Bro I know where you are going with this. But it is still a terrible analogy. 6 - 2 is a pretty wide margin. The Steelers only have what 4 more Super Bowl wins than the Jets do? That is pretty close, NOT.

Seriously, for a second, my point is that how relevant are the 20 WS that the yankees won back when horses were still transportation to an argument about who is better this year? I can't deny the history or the sustained success of los jankees. I still think the Mets will finally kick their ass this season.

Seriously, for a second, my point is that how relevant are the 20 WS that the yankees won back when horses were still transportation to an argument about who is better this year? I can't deny the history or the sustained success of los jankees. I still think the Mets will finally kick their ass this season.

i dont think anyone is saying that,,

they are saying as a 'franchise' the titles make them better as a broad sweep statement, which it does,,

obviously a teams ancient past has no relavance on the current year,

i dont think anyone is saying that,,

they are saying as a 'franchise' the titles make them better as a broad sweep statement, which it does,,

obviously a teams ancient past has no relavance on the current year,

O.k., thanks for clearing that up. I thought this thread referred to this season and not to an era of when people were heading out West to find gold.

how many rings do the yankees have in the 21st century? arizona, florida, anaheim,boston, chicago and st.louis are tied with the skanks right now.

I love how fans of opposing teams tell Yankee fans to "stop living in the past" but will break down a very small segmant of the Yankees long and storied history where they didn't win a ring and highlight it. How long would we be here if we picked on all of the years that other teams who are so loved on this board didn't win a ring?

Archived