Yankees starting pitching

Thor99

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I didn't read this whole thread. But I have to say I checked out that USA today link. And I love the fact that the gap between the Yankees and Red Sox is closer. Yes the Yankees are still # 1. But they aren't triple everyone else. I would like to see the Yankees come down even further.

Although signing Clemens next month won't help in that regard.

Hey I didn't read this whole thread. But I have to say I checked out that USA today link. And I love the fact that the gap between the Yankees and Red Sox is closer. Yes the Yankees are still # 1. But they aren't triple everyone else. I would like to see the Yankees come down even further.

Although signing Clemens next month won't help in that regard.

agree, thats whats being lost,,that the gap is closing

agree, thats whats being lost,,that the gap is closing

Also consider the fact that the Yankees are two years away from a TON of payroll being shed. Giambis contract will be up, Mussina will be gone, and if not after this year Petitte will be finished as well. That's roughly sixty mil off the books in the next two seasons from those three players alone.

How 'bout you go ahead and hope it doesn't happen. I'd take Clemens over 4/5 of the Yankee rotation any day of the week.

16 million for 4 months of a 44 year old pitcher who had a 4+ era his last year in the AL East? No thanks. Bring Hughes up.

Also consider the fact that the Yankees are two years away from a TON of payroll being shed. Giambis contract will be up, Mussina will be gone, and if not after this year Petitte will be finished as well. That's roughly sixty mil off the books in the next two seasons from those three players alone.

by then Jeter will be getting old and the Yanks will use alot of payroll on Reyes ;)

Archived