Sign in to follow this  
Thor99

Yankees starting pitching

MLB uses those numbers AFTER the cash transactions to assess the luxury tax so those are the numbers that really matter so those are really the only ones worth looking at.

OK Black Knight ;)

Hey I didn't read this whole thread. But I have to say I checked out that USA today link. And I love the fact that the gap between the Yankees and Red Sox is closer. Yes the Yankees are still # 1. But they aren't triple everyone else. I would like to see the Yankees come down even further.

Although signing Clemens next month won't help in that regard.

Lets hope that doesn't happen.

Hey I didn't read this whole thread. But I have to say I checked out that USA today link. And I love the fact that the gap between the Yankees and Red Sox is closer. Yes the Yankees are still # 1. But they aren't triple everyone else. I would like to see the Yankees come down even further.

agree, thats whats being lost,,that the gap is closing

Lets hope that doesn't happen.

How 'bout you go ahead and hope it doesn't happen. I'd take Clemens over 4/5 of the Yankee rotation any day of the week.

agree, thats whats being lost,,that the gap is closing

Also consider the fact that the Yankees are two years away from a TON of payroll being shed. Giambis contract will be up, Mussina will be gone, and if not after this year Petitte will be finished as well. That's roughly sixty mil off the books in the next two seasons from those three players alone.

How 'bout you go ahead and hope it doesn't happen. I'd take Clemens over 4/5 of the Yankee rotation any day of the week.

16 million for 4 months of a 44 year old pitcher who had a 4+ era his last year in the AL East? No thanks. Bring Hughes up.

Also consider the fact that the Yankees are two years away from a TON of payroll being shed. Giambis contract will be up, Mussina will be gone, and if not after this year Petitte will be finished as well. That's roughly sixty mil off the books in the next two seasons from those three players alone.

by then Jeter will be getting old and the Yanks will use alot of payroll on Reyes ;)

by then Jeter will be getting old and the Yanks will use alot of payroll on Reyes ;)

If Wilpon ever let reyes go to the yankees, the mets fans would burn down citi field.

Really? You think Reyes will play 3B?;)

Derek is a Yankee 'til he says he's done

If Wilpon ever let reyes go to the yankees, the mets fans would burn down citi field.
If that were to happen, I would be on the news burning Down Spankee stadium myself before George S. even gets a chance to cut that check.