I'm watching the Yankee game..

Arsis

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Igawa was bad but considering that he had ZERO command of his change up or breaking stuff, he would've pitched a decent game if not for that dink 3 run double by mora. Just bad luck on that play. I doubt he's ever pitched in 30 degree weather before...

Great hit by A-Rod but still, it is April and it was the Orioles. He still must do it in the postseason and or against Boston for most of us A-Rod haters, but I know in the A-Rod lovers world this will be the hit you use to argue us for the next 7 months.

Great hit by A-Rod but still, it is April and it was the Orioles. He still must do it in the postseason and or against Boston for most of us A-Rod haters, but I know in the A-Rod lovers world this will be the hit you use to argue us for the next 7 months.

Arod would have more hits like this if the fans had his back, rather than him being worried about being booed out of his home stadium... Arod haters can take credit for hurting a player on their own team... not something I would be proud of.

Arod would have more hits like this if the fans had his back, rather than him being worried about being booed out of his home stadium... Arod haters can take credit for hurting a player on their own team... not something I would be proud of.

Poor A-Rod. For $25 million a year he should be getting hits like this monthly, if not weekly. We can boo anyone we want for $100+ a ticket. Its our right as fans. Is this why you back Noodle Arm so much?

Poor A-Rod. For $25 million a year he should be getting hits like this monthly, if not weekly. We can boo anyone we want for $100+ a ticket. Its our right as fans. Is this why you back Noodle Arm so much?

Who cares what he makes? You would be paying $100 bucks if he wasnt a yankee...

Fact is that he has been pretty damn good since he became a Yankee even with all the media created hype and media pushing him to be booed by fans like yourself...

Since he has become a Yankee (not including this year so far)

AROD (04-06)

349 Runs / 532 Hits / 119 HR's / 357 RBI's / 64 Stolen Bases / .299 AVG / 49 errors

Jeter (04-06)

351 Runs / 604 Hits / 56 HR's / 245 RBI's / 71 Stolen Bases / .314 AVG / 43 Errors

The most alarming thing is the fact that everyone says Arod doesnt drive in runs... yet he has over 100 more RBI's than Jeter in those 3 years...

Also the only reason he is even close to JETER in errors is becuase of last season... Jeter averages more than him still...

Who cares what he makes? You would be paying $100 bucks if he wasnt a yankee...

Fact is that he has been pretty damn good since he became a Yankee even with all the media created hype and media pushing him to be booed by fans like yourself...

Since he has become a Yankee (not including this year so far)

AROD (04-06)

349 Runs / 532 Hits / 119 HR's / 357 RBI's / 64 Stolen Bases / .299 AVG / 49 errors

Jeter (04-06)

351 Runs / 604 Hits / 56 HR's / 245 RBI's / 71 Stolen Bases / .314 AVG / 43 Errors

The most alarming thing is the fact that everyone says Arod doesnt drive in runs... yet he has over 100 more RBI's than Jeter in those 3 years...

Also the only reason he is even close to JETER in errors is becuase of last season... Jeter averages more than him still...

Jeter was better then Arod last year. Aside from that Arod has clearly been a better player over his career but using team stats like RBI's or Runs is completely counterproductive.

Jeter was better then Arod last year. Aside from that Arod has clearly been a better player over his career but using team stats like RBI's or Runs is completely counterproductive.

Fine Arod is better in HR's by a mile and about even in every other stat with him... yet people dont boo Jeter...

Neither is better. They both serve the same purpose. None more than another. No matter what you say or what pencil neck geeks tell you.

Wrong as usual. OPS tells you MUCH more about a players ability then RBI's does. RBI's is a completely team Dependant stat where as OPS is an average of how often you get on base + how well you hit for power. Anyone who thinks they are equal is either lacking in common sense or just being an ass.

Do you actually know what OPS is?

OPS is great for measuring power hitters (ie A-rod's type) but horrible when evaluating non-sluggers (ie Ichiro, Jose Reyes, hanley etc)

OPS+ is best of all though, it keeps Todd Helton and Larry Walker from looking like Lou Gehrig and Ted Williams.

OPS is great for measuring power hitters (ie A-rod's type) but horrible when evaluating non-sluggers (ie Ichiro, Jose Reyes, hanley etc)

OPS+ is best of all though, it keeps Todd Helton and Larry Walker from looking like Lou Gehrig and Ted Williams.

OPS is fine for measuring even non power hitters because if they are doubles or triples hitters like reyes and rameriz are then that will show up in their OPS. OPS+ is more for comparing players of different era's.

OPS is fine for measuring even non power hitters because if they are doubles or triples hitters like reyes and rameriz are then that will show up in their OPS. OPS+ is more for comparing players of different era's.

OPS and OPS+ both, for example, make Adam Dunn look more valuable in 2004 than Ichiro. Anyone who would think such a thing is a fool.

OPS and OPS+ both, for example, make Adam Dunn look more valuable in 2004 than Ichiro. Anyone who would think such a thing is a fool.

Thats because OPS isn't perfect. OBP should be weighted higher then slg%. However the disparity isn't that great. Dunn had a great year in 04.

Thats because OPS isn't perfect.

And there you have it. No stat is perfect. No stat tells you everything. And no stat shopuld be used over another every time to tell you something you feel you want to know.

You want to wrap evrything into one neat little package by having some weighed little number support whatever little conclusion you are trying to make,

Stupid way to approach things. Numbers should only guide you toward how you think about something. Smart people realize that numbers are only part of the story. And that they are flawed and have biases.

And there you have it. No stat is perfect. No stat tells you everything. And no stat shopuld be used over another every time to tell you something you feel you want to know.

You want to wrap evrything into one neat little package by having some weighed little number support whatever little conclusion you are trying to make,

Stupid way to approach things. Numbers should only guide you toward how you think about something. Smart people realize that numbers are only part of the story. And that they are flawed and have biases.

so true,, if #s like salary etc were everything then ticks and tocks wouldnt happen ;)

I NEVER SAID OPS IS PERFECT. All stats however ARE NOT equal. OPS > RBI's. Anyone with any common sense can see that.

I NEVER SAID OPS IS PERFECT. All stats however ARE NOT equal. OPS > RBI's. Anyone with any common sense can see that.

They tell you DIFFERENT things. One stat is not more important or greater than the other. They all have their place.

Anyone who does noyt listen to pencil geeks can see that.

They tell you DIFFERENT things. One stat is not more important or greater than the other. They all have their place.

Anyone who does noyt listen to pencil geeks can see that.

Wrong. RBI tells you MUCH MORE about the team and therefore makes it much less useful for evaluating individual players then OPS is. Thats not even complicated. It's common sense.

You just love to confuse team and individual stats.

Wrong. RBI tells you MUCH MORE about the team and therefore makes it much less useful for evaluating individual players then OPS is. Thats not even complicated. It's common sense.

Mike, I know this is painful for you to hear, and ity gows against everything you stand for,but, just because YOU say something is so, sdoes not make it so.

There are no absolute stats. They are relative figures that each have their own bearing. Theymust be used in context. They must be looked at with skepticism, because the situations are not all equal.

Stats are somewhat useful. But they don't tell the story. Why do you think pro organizations spend tens of millions of dollars on scouting teams? Why don't they just rely on stats?

Because that would be STUPID. You cant judge players by stats alones. The teams don't doit.. and teh few fans that do, are obtuse.

Mike, I know this is painful for you to hear, and ity gows against everything you stand for,but, just because YOU say something is so, sdoes not make it so.

There are no absolute stats. They are relative figures that each have their own bearing. Theymust be used in context. They must be looked at with skepticism, because the situations are not all equal.

Stats are somewhat useful. But they don't tell the story. Why do you think pro organizations spend tens of millions of dollars on scouting teams? Why don't they just rely on stats?

Because that would be STUPID. You cant judge players by stats alones. The teams don't doit.. and teh few fans that do, are obtuse.

I'm done arguing with you. You keep saying "there are no absolute stats" although I NEVER SAID THEIR WERE ANY ABSOLUTE STATS. You say stats have to be used in context? fine. In the context of comparing ONE PLAYER TO ANOTHER. OPS is a much better stat then RBI's. Period. If you don't have the common sense to see that right away then i'm done wasting my time with you.

I'm done arguing with you. You keep saying "there are no absolute stats" although I NEVER SAID THEIR WERE ANY ABSOLUTE STATS. You say stats have to be used in context? fine. In the context of comparing ONE PLAYER TO ANOTHER. OPS is a much better stat then RBI's. Period. If you don't have the common sense to see that right away then i'm done wasting my time with you.

My prior statement stands on its own.

Thanks. As soon as someone greats a better point than yours, out comes the "I am done arguing with you".

You are as predictable as my 7 year old.

My prior statement stands on its own.

Thanks. As soon as someone greats a better point than yours, out comes the "I am done arguing with you".

You are as predictable as my 7 year old.

If you really think you have a better point then me because you keep repeating "stats are not absolutes" you are even more stupid then i think you are.

I fear for the safely of your kid. They really shouldn't let people with 65IQ's breed.

basically, stats are what keep us from thinking David Wright is the next Ted Williams, which is what many posters on here have led me to believe.

No not at all. Our eyes tell us that.

And, for someone to have not seen Ted W play and can tell you what type of player he was, is more than half wrong.

And Blackout, show me one post on this board comparing Wright to Williams. I would love to see that

Archived