UNCLUTCH

The Troll

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
negative people will always find a reason to be negative.

Only negative towards A-Rod.. Once he does it against Boston and or in the playoffs I will no longer be negative towards him.

Do not get me wrong, I'm very happy with him and for him today, it was a nice, clutch hit but lets not make it more then what it was. A grand slam walkoff against the ORIOLES in APRIL. C'mon now. Its nice but it certainly doesn't make him the greatest clutch / walkoff Yankee hitter of all time.

Only negative towards A-Rod.. Once he does it against Boston and or in the playoffs I will no longer be negative towards him.

Do not get me wrong, I'm very happy with him and for him today, it was a nice, clutch hit but lets not make it more then what it was. A grand slam walkoff against the ORIOLES in APRIL. C'mon now. Its nice but it certainly doesn't make him the greatest clutch / walkoff Yankee hitter of all time.

Pretty high standards... so you will be negative about him until he is the best ever?

Pretty high standards... so you will be negative about him until he is the best ever?

All I want from that A-Hole is to have some productive outs and play defense..the big part of his problem is that he is an atrocious situational hitter,and thats where the boo-birds come from.

All I want from that A-Hole is to have some productive outs and play defense..the big part of his problem is that he is an atrocious situational hitter,and thats where the boo-birds come from.

Come on. It is not like the Yanks could have used a clutch hit from A-Rod somtime over the last 6 titleless seasons.

Come on. It is not like the Yanks could have used a clutch hit from A-Rod somtime over the last 6 titleless seasons.

A Sox fan talking about title-less seasons? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!

I guess a championship every 86 years or so makes some folks uppity.

I guess you're more used to choking than winning titles when it comes to baseball,heh?

The Yanks can't play fundamental baseball with A-Rod,I miss Brosius sooooo much..he could at least hit a fly ball with less than 2 outs or move a runner over when needed..oh,and hit the occasional big home run and play defense..that's all I'm asking from A-Rod,and he can't do it.

I guess you're more used to choking than winning titles when it comes to baseball,heh?

The Yanks can't play fundamental baseball with A-Rod,I miss Brosius sooooo much..he could at least hit a fly ball with less than 2 outs or move a runner over when needed..oh,and hit the occasional big home run and play defense..that's all I'm asking from A-Rod,and he can't do it.

This idea that you need to have worse players who know how to play "fundamental baseball" is strange. Arod is worth SO MANY more runs to the yankees then brosius was it's not even worth discussing...

This idea that you need to have worse players who know how to play "fundamental baseball" is strange. Arod is worth SO MANY more runs to the yankees then brosius was it's not even worth discussing...

Oh,it's Mr. Statistics again?

A-Rod has had less big hits and or productive outs in big games than Luis Sojo and Brosius.

The 1996 Yankees were not all that talented,but they could play the game anyway you wanted to and were very flexible,so that blows your theory out of your ass Mike.

Oh,it's Mr. Statistics again?

A-Rod has had less big hits and or productive outs in big games than Luis Sojo and Brosius.

The 1996 Yankees were not all that talented,but they could play the game anyway you wanted to and were very flexible,so that blows your theory out of your ass Mike.

You can't try to recreate the 96 team. Thats a horrible way to try to win games and series'. You take the best players available. For all your bashing him on his "fundamentals" whatever that means, arod produces many more runs for the yankees then either of those guys did.

And if i'm not mistaken arod was FAR from the only yankee who stunk it up the past 2 postseaons. Putting it all in his lap is completely unfair. If not for him the yankees probably don't even make the playoffs 2 years ago.

You can't try to recreate the 96 team. Thats a horrible way to try to win games and series'. You take the best players available. For all your bashing him on his "fundamentals" whatever that means, arod produces many more runs for the yankees then either of those guys did.

How was winning a world series a horrible way to win?

That statement made me actually laugh out loud

And if i'm not mistaken arod was FAR from the only yankee who stunk it up the past 2 postseaons. Putting it all in his lap is completely unfair. If not for him the yankees probably don't even make the playoffs 2 years ago.

I will give you that,almost everybody stunk it up the past 2 post seasons for the Yanks.

How was winning a world series a horrible way to win?

Because trying to say "the 96 yankees had brosius so lets go out and get a brosius clone to play 3B" is NOT the way you win. You get the best possible player for each position within your budget. You can't recreate what happened in the late 90s.

:confused0082::confused0082::confused0082:

Horrible way to win the World Series??? Are you kidding???

Because trying to say "the 96 yankees had brosius so lets go out and get a brosius clone to play 3B" is NOT the way you win. You get the best possible player for each position within your budget. You can't recreate what happened in the late 90s.

Wrong,you need role players to win the world series,even the 77-78 Yanks had role players..Paul Blair,Bucky Dent,Roy White,Lou Pinella.

How old are you?

Wrong,you need role players to win the world series,even the 77-78 Yanks had role players..Paul Blair,Bucky Dent,Roy White,Lou Pinella.

How old are you?

Taking Arod out of the yankee lineup and putting in a "role player" will make the yankees a worse team. If you want role players worry about the garbage backup catching situation and utility infielder, not arod.

Taking Arod out of the yankee lineup and putting in a "role player" will make the yankees a worse team. If you want role players worry about the garbage backup catching situation and utility infielder, not arod.[/quote

What we are talking about is players that fit a ROLE on teh team, not necessarily the BEST players or "role" players.

You don't just assemble the best players. That is old Yankee mentality. And proved to be wrong

Taking Arod out of the yankee lineup and putting in a "role player" will make the yankees a worse team. If you want role players worry about the garbage backup catching situation and utility infielder, not arod.

How do you know?

Nobody thought Brosius was going to do what he did when the Yankees got him..he had a ****ty year in 97 with the A's,but he fit perfectly into the Yankee mold at the time..get it?

How do you know?

Nobody thought Brosius was going to do what he did when the Yankees got him..he had a ****ty year in 97 with the A's,but he fit perfectly into the Yankee mold at the time..get it?

MadMike knows all... why bother trying to tell him otherwise... :)

How do you know?

So go out and get players who are coming off crappy years and hope they fit in like brosius did? The yankees got lucky with brosius but even with him having a good year here he was NOWHERE NEAR the player arod is.

Orioles in April.

Still, nice hit and good job A-Rod, but lets do it in October and or against Boston, please.

Clutch is clutch my friend. If he didn't come through in that situation you would have been bashing him so that's a double standard right there.

So go out and get players who are coming off crappy years and hope they fit in like brosius did? The yankees got lucky with brosius but even with him having a good year here he was NOWHERE NEAR the player arod is.

So what?

I happen to think that slap hitting pain in the ass role players are harder to get out than free swingers like your hero A-rod and Giambi who swing for the fences ALL THE TIME.

Archived