UNCLUTCH

The Troll

Let me say this politely-this is nonsense. O'neill, as a good a player as he was, wasn't in A-rod's class, and he'd tell you as much.

So I guess you're comparing him to Roberto Kelly, which is a joke.I pretty much have a hard time believing anyone can compare the two.

You discount the good he's done here as noted above.

You discount what he did yesterday.

You discount his 2005 MVP.

You discount his career with the Mariners.

You are being unfair. I guess he has to bat 1.000 with 85 homers or he sucks.

C'mon-can you just let the guy play? Nobody is living up to his contract( a contract, by the way, that the Texas Rangers are paying the bulk of). He had a great day yesterday, and as far as "clutch" this team, with it's awful starters so far, neede a win like this. That was clutch.

No more A-Rod bashing for the time being,a lot of it has to do with past performances.

Your obsession with "productive outs" has hardly any real correlation with actually scoring runs. Arod produces more runs then most players who make "productive outs."

Well,games and playoff series are won and lost on productive outs all the time.

So I guess they're just not important to you?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know why that was a great trade? Because O'Neill turned out to be a BETTER PLAYER THEN KELLY. The yankees did a superb job seeing that kelly might have been a bit overrated and traded him at the right time. They saw a 27 year old who's OBP was in the 320s and saw that trading him for O'neill was a no brainier because O'Neill was a BETTER PLAYER in a concrete measurable way.

I think self-righteous sports fans like to overvalue character. Talent is more important than character. O'Neill was a more talented player than Kelly and he certainly turned out to be a better player.

No more A-Rod bashing for the time being,a lot of it has to do with past performances.

Well,games and playoff series are won and lost on productive outs all the time.

So I guess they're just not important to you?

They are won by the team that scores the more runs.

They are won by the team that scores the more runs.

And you can score runs with flyballs,you can't when you strike out with runners on 3rd and less than 2 outs,which he seems to do a lot.

And you can score runs with flyballs,you can't when you strike out with runners on 3rd and less than 2 outs,which he seems to do a lot.

That won't carry over from one year to another. I guarantee you he won't be as bad in those situations as he was last year.

As soon as a baseball fan tells you that he "guarantees" how a player will perform, you can tell he is spewing bs.

Sorry pal. it's just common sense again. Arod was the worst regular player in baseball at getting the runner in from 3rd base with less then 2 outs last year. Since Arod is NOT the worst regular player in baseball he won't be the worst at that again.

Sorry pal. it's just common sense again. Arod was the worst regular player in baseball at getting the runner in from 3rd base with less then 2 outs. Since Arod is NOT the worst regular player in baseball he won't be the worst at that again.

Someday, you will learn that there are no absolutes in life. Obviously, you are not ready to learn that lesson yet.

And, you just made Bill's argument for him. he thanks you.

Someday, you will learn that there are no absolutes in life. Obviously, you are not ready to learn that lesson yet.

And, you just made Bill's argument for him. he thanks you.

Unless arod as become the worst player in baseball he won't have that same stat. Period. I find it funny that someone who has no common sense at all is lecturing me on how to look at information lol

Unless arod as become the worst player in baseball he won't have that same stat. Period. I find it funny that someone who has no common sense at all is lecturing me on how to look at information lol

So Mike, the stat can't be worse than last year? Can't be?

It can't go lower?

Ok pal

So Mike, the stat can't be worse than last year? Can't be?

It can't go lower?

Ok pal

Lets make a bet. If arod is the worst player at driving in the runner from 3rd base with less then 2 outs again i'll never post here again. If not, you never post here again.

Lets make a bet. If arod is the worst player at driving in the runner from 3rd base with less then 2 outs again i'll never post here again. If not, you never post here again.

I couldn't care less what he does. All I am here telling you is that your use of stats as the be all defining, and which stats are more important, and your own self righteousness are all bs.

Mission accomplished.

I could care less what he does. All I am here telling you is that your use of stats as the be all defining, and which stats are more important, and your own self righteousness are all bs.

Mission accomplished.

HA HA you care enough to go on for pages and pages spewing crap but you won't back up your BS with anything. You're gutless.

HA HA you care enough to go on for pages and pages spewing crap but you won't back up your BS with anything. You're gutless.

Listen, Iam not the one here making GUARANTEES toi the performances of ball players. That was some other fool.

I have nothing to back up other than telling you that you spew bs when you make guarantees to the performances of players

Pure BS. Nothing to back up there. You call it gutless. I call it smart not to bet on the players of prformances. Or, telling people that I know more than them.

Being obtuse is not brave Mike,

Listen, Iam not the one here making GUARANTEES toi the performances of ball players. That was some other fool.

I have nothing to back up other than telling you that you spew bs when you make guarantees to the performances of players

Pure BS. Nothing to back up there. You call it gutless. I call it smart not to bet on the players of prformances. Or, telling people that I know more than them.

Being obtuse is not brave Mike,

You're calling me a fool. Well i'm willing to put my money behind my guarantee. You're not willing to do anything besides spew BS over everyone and not have any accountability.

When i say i know more then you, i'm 100% right.

The unfortunate thing for you Mike, is that statement, and how you write it, makes the point perfectly clear for everyone to see.

Of course, you can't recognize that.

What i recognize is that you have a clear agenda of baiting me every time i make a post and that when you're beaten in an argument you retreat to the subjectivity argument or bitching about typos like a scared little girl.

What i recognize is that you have a clear agenda of baiting me every time i make a post and that when you're beaten in an argument you retreat to the subjectivity argument or bitching about typos like a scared little girl.

Yeah, making guarantees for the performance of a player is a brilliant argument.

You are right.

As you would say-You are smarter THEN me. LOL

Yeah, making guarantees for the performance of a player is a brilliant argument.

You are right.

As you would say-You are smarter THEN me. LOL

If it's so stupid, put your money where your mouth is that i'm wrong. Or are you too scared?

Scott Dierking made $784,560 last year after adjustments. I ran background checks on everyone here and he came in 4th. I wouldn't bet with him, he has lots of cash.

Sorry to post your personal info Scott.

Scott Dierking made $784,560 last year after adjustments. I ran background checks on everyone here and he came in 4th. I wouldn't bet with him, he has lots of cash.

Sorry to post your personal info Scott.

$100,000 Says that arod won't be the worst player in baseball at driving the runner in from 3rd with less then 2 outs.

$100,000 Says that arod won't be the worst player in baseball at driving the runner in from 3rd with less then 2 outs.

Wow. Bold proclamation there. For 28 million per year, he should be far and away the best.

Why would I bet you about ARod? I like him and root for him. Besides you don't have $100,000.

How do you know that i dont?

I ran background checks and financials on everyone here. Yours came up: "College Student". That is why we never call you when we do our fundraising campaigns. But your bio says you are taller than normal. So we will give you a call for help when we form the JN Basketball team, lol.

I ran background checks and financials on everyone here. Yours came up: "College Student". That is why we never call you when we do our fundraising campaigns. But your bio says you are taller than normal. So we will give you a call for help when we form the JN Basketball team, lol.

Not all college students are poor...

So you're in college at RU and have 100K? Did you win an STD lawsuit or something?

I didn't say i did or that i didn't. i'm not gonna go into my personal finances heh. I just said that the fact that i'm in college doesn't mean i have no money.

Archived