The official countdown until the Braves take back the division thread...

K2C

whip isn't important for a reliever? are you on drugs?

nevermind i'm not going to waste my time trying to teach you anything anymore. If you think that BLOWN SAVES are a good stat then you might know less then i think you do.

And % inheritred runners allowed to score isn't Mike? It isn't? Particularly for a middle guy?

Much moreso than WHIP.

Mike?

And % inheritred runners allowed to score isn't Mike? It isn't? Particularly for a middle guy?

Much moreso than WHIP.

Mike?

Well it's a better stat then blown saves. However there is a huge element of luck in that as well. you can let inherited runners score without giving up hits too.

Well it's a better stat then blown saves. However there is a huge element of luck in that as well. you can let inherited runners score without giving up hits too.

That is why the great ones don't allow it to happen.

As you said, like all stats, there are elements of luck and other things involved.

Glad to see you come around on that.

That is why the great ones don't allow it to happen.

As you said, like all stats, there are elements of luck and other things involved.

Glad to see you come around on that.

Come around? What the hell are you talking about? I never said there wasn't. It's strange that someone who loves stats like Wins and RBIs which are basically ALL LUCK is trying to lecture me on that....

Come around? What the hell are you talking about? I never said there wasn't. It's strange that someone who loves stats like Wins and RBIs which are basically ALL LUCK is trying to lecture me on that....

I don't love ANY stat.

If you haven't figured that out, you haven't been paying attention.

If you only knew lol. And you can cool it with recommending things for me.

Just don't bring the garbage saying that a pissed off pitcher won't perform well without anything to back it up, and you won't need to get in several-page long, pointless arguments.

The Mets won the division last season by 12 games, and the Braves finished 18 back. What have the Braves done in the offseason that make you believe the Braves will close that gap over a 162-game season?

Simply put?

Bullpen.

The bullpen single-handedly blew the season for the Braves. Once they got Wickman from Cleveland..they started holding leads..but it was too late.

I forget the stat...but I think the bullpen blew 10-12 leads for John Smoltz alone. It was horrific to watch.

Retaining Wickman was huge, as well as obtaining Soriano from Seattle to be the set up man and stealing Gonzalez from the Pirates. Getting rid of Jorge Sosa and Chris Reitsma was a MUST.

Andruw, Chipper, McCann (Best catcher in baseball, that's not the fan in me talking either), Smoltz, Hudson, Renteria, Wilson (decent pick up from the Pirates), Francueor, Chuck James...there is no reason to believe this team can't compete with the Marlins this year (J/K) It will be a good race..but this team is back.

The Mets can't just get by on offense..they need some hurlers too (Big fan of El Duque..BTW..good job by the Mets)

Just don't bring the garbage saying that a pissed off pitcher won't perform well without anything to back it up, and you won't need to get in several-page long, pointless arguments.
It's my opinion that he's not going to repeat last year because of his situation. I didn't start the argument. The person who did obviously has a personal problem with me.

Why would not allowing a lot of baserunners be important to a reliever? It just means that after he fills up the bases, another reliever will come in. All that matters is if that second guy can get out of the inning without letting those runners score! No big deal!

. All that matters is if that second guy can get out of the inning without letting those runners score! No big deal!

Agreed. You would rather that he not put runners on, but the most important stat for a reliever is stranding inherited runners, if you want to place importance on a stat.

In many relief spots, guys may be pitched around or even intentionally walked, to get to teh next guy in the line-up, and those artificially inflate WHIP.

Just as with any stat, use them in context.

Agreed. You would rather that he not put runners on, but the most important stat for a reliever is stranding inherited runners, if you want to place importance on a stat.

In many relief spots, guys may be pitched around or even intentionally walked, to get to teh next guy in the line-up, and those artificially inflate WHIP.

Just as with any stat, use them in context.

I was being sarcastic.

• 3 months later...
okay, all Mets and Sox fans know what I'm about to do..

do I even have to do this...

(you don't want number comparisons)

Yankees: 26 world championships

Braves: 3 world championships

Typical Yank-me fan. Lives in the past. Funny, I don't see you tooting the Jets horn for 1 world championship.

Reality check..These Yank-me's suck...and Georgie boy is starting to realize he can't buy rings anymore.

The past is past..call me when the Skanks do anything of significance anytime soon.

okay, all Mets and Sox fans know what I'm about to do..

do I even have to do this...

(you don't want number comparisons)

Yankees: 26 world championships

Braves: 3 world championships

C'mon mate you're better than that.

C'mon mate you're better than that.

Yeah, I would post a google image, but the Braves are insignificant just like their fanbase, they don't make google images for those faggots.

Oh, and P2C.... Tell me when the Braves do anything of significance, far as i'm concerned we are both 2nd... despite the deficit.

Barves fans should NEVER speak a derogatory word to a Yankee fan. Talk about us owning a franchise. I think we are the reason Leo mazzone rocks like a broken lazy boy. I always root for the Braves during the regular season. I know of they make it to the world series, and the Yankees face them....it's an automatic ring for NY !! :P

Barves fans should NEVER speak a derogatory word to a Yankee fan. Talk about us owning a franchise. I think we are the reason Leo mazzone rocks like a broken lazy boy. I always root for the Braves during the regular season. I know of they make it to the world series, and the Yankees face them....it's an automatic ring for NY !! :P

It's been that way since Brooklyn moved to LA. :Typotux:

Who is "us"? Are you a Yank-me owner?

Boy..you Skanks fans are really courageous after wins against the D-Rays.

Exactly.

The Braves were born in Boston, moved to Milwaukee, and then moved to Atlanta.

Atlanta is the worst pro sports town in America.

The Hawks and whatever their Hockey team is called get around 8,000 a game. The Braves can't sell out playoff games and the Falcons have only started selling out since Vick arrived.

Archived