3rd Annual JetNation Mock Draft Discussion thread (talk about the draft here)

Smizzy

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this thread is to talk about who picked who. Please keep all draft talk here and out of the other thread. Thanks.

If an onwer is OTC(on the clock) please send him a polite Pm telling him he is OTC.

Jetcane 1PM you are OTC to make your selection-no need to do it until then by the way-

ALK said he wasnt available today and that I could have AZ. I guess this is not the case? In any event pls LMK so i can be around for the pick. will.

You're still in, they must have missed the post from the other day when I stepped down.

You're still in, they must have missed the post from the other day when I stepped down.

OK. But please dont feel obligated to give up the pick. If you can do it then by all means you should make the pick. I am standing by ready, willing and able to fill in for you if you cant do it.

Well,lets get to discussing the picks already. My selection was a mixture of what I would do if I got to pick for the Browns and what I think they'll do come draft time. If one of the top 2 QBs are on the board when Cleveland picks,I'm confident they'll go that direction. Personally I'm a ND fan,and combining that fact in with Quinn being from Dublin,Oh and Weis and Crennel's history together made Brady Quinn the right pick for the Browns in this draft

So far, not one pick has gone as I would have expected. But Cal Johnson is a good first pick. IMO, Thomas is not good value at #2 (anyway the Lions filled the tackle spots) and I am not a Quinn fan.

Should be interesting to see who chadharmon goes with since he has Tampa Bay. They arn't going to be looking at QB with Simms, Garcia and possibly Plummer in house and they do not need a Running Back with The Caddy so it cancels out Russel & Peterson, and Arizona isn't going QB or RB either.

So far, not one pick has gone as I would have expected. But Cal Johnson is a good first pick. IMO, Thomas is not good value at #2 (anyway the Lions filled the tackle spots) and I am not a Quinn fan.

To me it is about the same value as the Jets taking Ferguson with the #4 last year. It is what it is- not a sexy pick- OL never are.

I'm just glad the Raiduhs took Johnson, because it would have been very difficult to pass on him, even with the Lions' WR history.

To me it is about the same value as the Jets taking Ferguson with the #4 last year. It is what it is- not a sexy pick- OL never are.

I'm just glad the Raiduhs took Johnson, because it would have been very difficult to pass on him, even with the Lions' WR history.

Absolutely (I wanted Hawk or a trade down). I bet the Lions are thinking the same thing. Also, you couldnt trade the pick whereas the Lions may very well trade down a few slots and still get Thomas, if he's who they really want.

Absolutely (I wanted Hawk or a trade down). I bet the Lions are thinking the same thing. Also, you couldnt trade the pick whereas the Lions may very well trade down a few slots and still get Thomas, if he's who they really want.

The Lions should definitely trade that pick in real life, and will get some good value for it if they do.

They may go Quinn but that would be a mistake IMO. Peterson will be a much, much better pro.

Peterson will be awesome in the NFL,and I think they may very well end up with him in real life when at least one and maybe both qbs will be gone. But I caught some s*** last year during this cause I didn't take the team's thinking into consideration enough,so this year I did that,and I don't see cleveland passing on one of the Qbs.

With the way things are going I'm guessing this will take a by the end of the week to finish.

I should be able to get AZ (#5) in soon after TB picks. Thomas was stolen but luckily we have plenty of serious deficiencies to address.

The JetNation mock draft has gone very differently than I expected. With Arizona's selection (#5) I expected there to be available either Joe Thomas or Gaines Adams, my first two choices for the pick. They are both gone. Such is life.

I think the best available player is Russell but, for better or worse, AZ has its QB of the future, Leinart. The next best guy, IMO, is Peterson but the Cards have plenty invested in James as well as Arrington (and they have Shipp), and have plenty of talent at the skill positions. The position of greatest need is probably Tackle but I think this is too high to take Levi Brown. I also thought about Jamaal Anderson but am not sure how good he is and I want to get as close to a sure thing as possible, so ...

I have decided to take with the fifth pick in the 2007 JetNation.com Mock draft the best available defensive player: Laron Landry, LSU, S.

Yeah thats what I was wondering, maybe he wants Landry at FS for the best saftey duo in the league?

Yup. Landry starts immediately at FS. He's a playmaker. I think he will matter to the Cardinal defense from day one.

Archived