3rd Annual JetNation Mock Draft Discussion thread (talk about the draft here)

Smizzy

FWIW, this mock is going pretty well for the Jets. Carriker is gone but none of the top ranked CBs have yet been taken. And BUF easily could have taken one to replace Clements though Willis is a great pick.

This has been fun.

Ah but I control the Jets and I say we go with Jordan Palmer at 25.

;-)

J/k.

Stay tuned.:)

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All you guys made me do it dammit, the Miami Dolphins have gotten the best QB in the draft with the 9th pick. How the hell did nobody else pick Russell? I thought it would of been a tough decision between Landry, Okoye and Willis but no you take the top two players I wanted and drop the best QB who can now wreck the Jets for years to the Dolphins.

You must have missed it...I took Brady Quinn with the 3rd pick ;)

FWIW, this mock is going pretty well for the Jets. Carriker is gone but none of the top ranked CBs have yet been taken. And BUF easily could have taken one to replace Clements though Willis is a great pick.

This has been fun.

Thanks. I debated hot and heavy over Willis vs Hall or one of the other CB. I live in Buffalo (:puke: ) and got lots of imput from friends and the Bills website. I briefly debated also about taking Adrian Peterson but his injury history turned me off.

#27 I think will like the selection I made for him since he told me to go defense and his Top 5 guys were already gone. Griffin could be a Safety or a Cornerback in the NFL, both weak spots for the Rams, particulary at Free Safety.

He has nothing to say since he only gave you 5 guys to work with. You did a good job, now that being said if you pick Jordan Palmer for the Jets at #25.....:Nuts:

You guys suck! ;) Not 124. I pm'ed Sperm and Smizzy that I wanted Willis or Carriker before I went to bed. Only the Bills were in front of me. It was 2:30 am here and maybe I wasn't clear, but they could picked one or the other. I appreciate 124 stepping up, but he had my list from Monday night, not Tuesday! Not a bad pick, but Landry is the only safety I'd have taken that high.

how does micheal grifin go before hall, houston or revis

Don't list players' names that havn't been taken and I view Griffin more as a SAFETY (FS for St.Louis) than a Cornerback, and so does #27 I'm sure. Otherweise, a Cornerback would be in St.Louis now, not Griffin.

OK I will lay the law down officially- just announce your pick and comment on picks made- Do not mention potential players to be picked

Just names are forbidden, or positions too?

I ask because I cant comment on the PITT pick without saying anything about the position that I would have expected them to pick given the way this draft has gone, so far :)

Just names are forbidden, or positions too?

I ask because I cant comment on the PITT pick without saying anything about the position that I would have expected them to pick given the way this draft has gone, so far :)

Just leave any names out that still have not been picked- you can comment on the pick made

So, is WW85 the Seahawks? If so that means TheTroll holds both Patriot picks at 24 and 28, cool. Hopefully I can get my Jets pick by the end of tonight seeing as I probably won't be around for more then 10 minutes or so until Sunday after tonight.

I know raffy and JC are here so Mason, BP and Troll, your asses better pick by 11:55 so I can get my Jets pick in.

So, is WW85 the Seahawks? If so that means TheTroll holds both Patriot picks at 24 and 28, cool. Hopefully I can get my Jets pick by the end of tonight seeing as I probably won't be around for more then 10 minutes or so until Sunday after tonight.

I know raffy and JC are here so Mason, BP and Troll, your asses better pick by 11:55 so I can get my Jets pick in.

I couldn't paste a pic! But I went with Houston for the Giants, they need a corner BAD!

I couldn't paste a pic! But I went with Houston for the Giants, they need a corner BAD!

Who? This guy?

Chris Houston - CB - Arkansas

I'll wait until 9 pm or so for James hasty. If he isnt here by then, I'll post his pick.

I can't believe that Leon Hall was the third CB taken. With two pro bowl corners on the roster, this is hardly a need for Denver but Hall is the best corner in the draft and too valuable to pass up at pick # 21.

If Bly or Hall can't make it at safety look for Denver to trade one of their CBs.

I can't believe that Leon Hall was the third CB taken. With two pro bowl corners on the roster, this is hardly a need for Denver but Hall is the best corner in the draft and too valuable to pass up at pick # 21.

If Bly or Hall can't make it at safety look for Denver to trade one of their CBs.

Gotta say i dont see this one. Bly is too great of a corner to be talking about moving him to safety, imo, and if you're going to draft someone to be a safety, why not draft a safety? Too much talent out there to draft Hall, even if you think he's the best. But thats just me...a couple people disagreed with me drafting Peterson, so eh.

Geez. This has been a nasty run of potential Jet draft picks. All of the top CBs gone and the two best OLB prospects.

I agree re Hall/DEN. He may have "slipped" through this mock but so have others who I shall not name who are also highly regarded defensive players, one of whom plays S and is reportedly highly coveted by, among others, NE and JAX. Still, can't complain too much about a guy who is routinely projected to go in the top 10-12 picks.

With Hall, Houston & Revis gone, its getting thin at 1st round Cornerback possibilites for the Jets. I don't really understand the Denver pick with Bly & Bailey locked up for years to come and young corners behind them, but, whatever.

Giants' pick of Houston is a steal. Madison is old, Webster is shakey and Cornerback is definitely a team need.

Who? This guy?

Chris Houston - CB - Arkansas

Yeah JC, that's him. I still couldn't paste the pic, someone let me know how to do this (yes, I tried the "insert picture" icon and it worked until I submitted the reply but then it showed up as a link).

With Hall, Houston & Revis gone, its getting thin at 1st round Cornerback possibilites for the Jets. I don't really understand the Denver pick with Bly & Bailey locked up for years to come and young corners behind them, but, whatever.

Giants' pick of Houston is a steal. Madison is old, Webster is shakey and Cornerback is definitely a team need.

Called my buddy the gints fan and said, "what do you want, and let me tell you that C. Houston is available . . . " I started to say other names and he was like, "no need, that's the pick. I'd be doing backflips if they somehow landed him." That's how it went down. I agree they would be lucky to land him at 20.

Gotta say i dont see this one. Bly is too great of a corner to be talking about moving him to safety, imo, and if you're going to draft someone to be a safety, why not draft a safety? Too much talent out there to draft Hall, even if you think he's the best. But thats just me...a couple people disagreed with me drafting Peterson, so eh.

Actually Hall is a better candidate at free saftey than Bly. Hall is 5'11 1/4 tall and 193 lbs. Not bad at all for a guy that can run a 4.39 40. He is almost as big as Reggie Nelson, the top safety prospect available. Between Hall and Nelson, I would take Hall as my first round safety.

I thought it was a good pick. Hes going to supirse alot of people.

25 is a little old imo especially at corner. Plue only one years experience. I would pass on him in the first round all together. Maybe a mid to late second rounder to me.

25 is a little old imo especially at corner. Plue only one years experience. I would pass on him in the first round all together. Maybe a mid to late second rounder to me.

Just becuse he wasnt a starter since a true freshemen doesnt mean much and hes got all the tools. Hes a pretty big guy too reminds me alot of Nnamdi asoumugha coming out of cal and people were bashing the raiders on the pick like Mel kiper and all ther other BSPN talking heads.

Archived