3rd Annual JetNation Mock Draft Discussion thread (talk about the draft here)

Smizzy

As a participant and organizer of past mock draft-this is what to expect-you have to have patience- people have different schedules and opportunities to get on line and in different time zones- so you have to bear with it.

It is precise why we should have time allotted selections. There should be 15 or 30 minutes each selection throughout the period of 1500-2000 or later daily.

Not that I complain but slow process is killing us.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pick ham. Olsen would be incredible in that offense. Thats the one team where I'd almost put money on him becoming a great player, ditto Colts.

Thanks Barton

A lot of people think the only way to draft is to draft to your weakness, but sometimes it makes sense to draft to your strength .. if you can find a player who adds to your strength it makes that strength even more deadly, and in this case a Playmaker at TE was the one element the Siants offense was lacking, till now {Greg Olsen - 6' 6"/255 - 4.5}

Now they are stacked on offense across the board

OUTSTANDING O-LINE

QB Drew Brees

RB Reggie Bush/Deuce McAllister

WR Marques Colston

WR Devery Henderson

WR Terrence Copper

TE Greg Olsen {Eric Johnson}

This offense has a chance to duplicate the Rams of the late 90's and early 2000's

GREATEST SHOW ON TURF .. The Sequel :thumbup:

Thanks Barton

A lot of people think the only way to draft is to draft to your weakness, but sometimes it makes sense to draft to your strength .. if you can find a player who adds to your strength it makes that strength even more deadly, and in this case a Playmaker at TE was the one element the Siants offense was lacking, till now {Greg Olsen - 6' 6"/255 - 4.5}

Now they are stacked on offense across the board

OUTSTANDING O-LINE

QB Drew Brees

RB Reggie Bush/Deuce McAllister

WR Marques Colston

WR Devery Henderson

WR Terrence Copper

TE Greg Olsen {Eric Johnson}

This offense has a chance to duplicate the Rams of the late 90's and early 2000's

GREATEST SHOW ON TURF .. The Sequel :thumbup:

Hmm maybe but Olsen plays soft and underachived at the U.

It is precise why we should have time allotted selections. There should be 15 or 30 minutes each selection throughout the period of 1500-2000 or later daily.

Not that I complain but slow process is killing us.

Yup, that's what I said.

FWIW, with only three picks left in the first round the guy I think will go #13 to the Rams is still on the board. As are two other very highly regarded LBs.

Interesting. Not sure who you mean. I have the Rams, and they guy I would have picked went #14 to Carolina.

Houston? If I were going to take a DB I'd probably have gone with Revis. He's bigger which is more important in the cover 2, plus the Rams could use the return help. Griffin was a nice pick by 124, but earlier than I'd have picked him.

In my personal mock draft I have Timmons going to the Giants. Earlier in the week I had him going to StLoo but then moved Carriker and Revis way up. i have Houston going to Cincy.

Pothead CB teammate Tarrell Brown is better than Aaron Ross, who btw is already 25. Not good.

Also, if the board fell that way I would have gone BAP: Greg Olsen, TE Miami

JMO

We do not need a freakin' receiving Tight End.

I don't care that Aaron Ross is 25, good for him, he can still contribute for at least 5-6 years and rookie contracts are what? 3 to 5, exactly. Then, at 29 or 30 if you don't want to re-sign him, cya later. We could've gone Tanard Jackson at this point, some people see him as a 1st rounder, some as a 2nd. Ross is not only a Corner but also a Punt Returner. I rest my case, he will be a very good Cornerback for this team for 5-7 years.

We do not need a freakin' receiving Tight End.

I don't care that Aaron Ross is 25, good for him, he can still contribute for at least 5-6 years and rookie contracts are what? 3 to 5, exactly. Then, at 29 or 30 if you don't want to re-sign him, cya later. We could've gone Tanard Jackson at this point, some people see him as a 1st rounder, some as a 2nd. Ross is not only a Corner but also a Punt Returner. I rest my case, he will be a very good Cornerback for this team for 5-7 years.

Except Ross just isnt good enough to being drafted in the 1st rd - being 25 just makes it even worse. jmo

Aaron Ross's come out every year, and all of them are younger than him to boot.

Greg Olsen is a better value pick I think. I hope we do not take Ross in real life.

Except Ross just isnt good enough to being drafted in the 1st rd - being 25 just makes it even worse. jmo

Aaron Ross's come out every year, and all of them are younger than him to boot.

Greg Olsen is a better value pick I think. I hope we do not take Ross in real life.

I dont want either of them. In fact, the guy that I'd love for the Jets to pick (in our scenario - no Revis, Houston, Spencer or Moss) is still there for Chicago with the pick they got from the Jets for Thomas Jones.

FYI, Faba - My pick (AZ) comes up after CHI; I will be out for a couple of hours but have a guy I want - if CHI doesnt nab him first.

I added Dwayne Jarrett from USC. There were some other players I could have selected, but imho, the Bears need to add another wideout to group that is good, but in need of attention.

Bernard Berrian stepped up big time last year, but Muhammad is old and doesn't have much time left. I really like Mark Bradley from Oklahoma, but he has had injury issues and is now one year removed from ACL surgery. Jarret could step in right away and contribute immediately. Great hands, size, etc he will be groomed to replace MM.

The raiders will be running a WCO very simliar to that of Tampa with a mix of the pats in it and some vertical stuff. How do you guys think stanton will do in that? do you think that was a good pick for me?

I'm just happy you passed on Kiffin's boy, Ryan Kalil, the anchor of (mock) AZ's soon to be rebuilt O-line :)

The raiders will be running a WCO very simliar to that of Tampa with a mix of the pats in it and some vertical stuff. How do you guys think stanton will do in that? do you think that was a good pick for me?

Well, Andrew Walter is a pure WCO quarterback. However, Stanton can do WCO with some mobility. It does not matter because I think Raiders wont do any better with Knapp as OC.

I'm just happy you passed on Kiffin's boy, Ryan Kalil, the anchor of (mock) AZ's soon to be rebuilt O-line :)

I have two center who are better then him and they fit prefect in the ZBS. Zona runs a down hill blocking scheme and you picked kalil whos an undersized center who fits into a zone blcking scheme.

Well, Andrew Walter is a pure WCO quarterback. However, Stanton can do WCO with some mobility. It does not matter because I think Raiders wont do any better with Knapp as OC.

Walte's game is the deep ball and hes got very poor touch on short passes hes a fit for a vertical game like at AZ. so you dont think going from a 70s offense that was a vertical passing game with all 7 step drops will be better then a WCO with a QB like stanton under a guy who tutored QB's like steve young,jeff garcia(when he was good), Vick(devloped him but hes not a good fit in the WCO). I think Knapp would be tremendous for stanton.

I have two center who are better then him and they fit prefect in the ZBS. Zona runs a down hill blocking scheme and you picked kalil whos an undersized center who fits into a zone blcking scheme.

Really? I thought the (mock) Cardinals ran a no-blocking scheme. Now, building around Kalil and others, they will try a blocking scheme. Hopefully, this will help James get his average up over 2 yards per carry and keep Leinart alive for a another year or two.

Walte's game is the deep ball and hes got very poor touch on short passes hes a fit for a vertical game like at AZ. so you dont think going from a 70s offense that was a vertical passing game with all 7 step drops will be better then a WCO with a QB like stanton under a guy who tutored QB's like steve young,jeff garcia(when he was good), Vick(devloped him but hes not a good fit in the WCO). I think Knapp would be tremendous for stanton.

Yeah, he lacks of touch on ball but he had played WCO for college school in Arizona I believe. The combination of that and Shell's old fashioned offense makes a strong case that Walter needs to continue playing WCO. I think Walter spoke out against Shell and his lovely OC's offense because he lacked of mobility to dance around after 7 steps and wanted to have few steps than 7.

Knapp, not Haskell, is the worst OC in the universe. He does not know how to ulitize players properly. Knapp was there when TO complained about lack of long bomb game from Garcia. Knapp was there when Vick was annually a joke of the year despite of having record for rushing yards by qb.

Raiders have two great WRs on the roster and Kiffin brought Knapp in... Oh boy! Good Luck Raiders.

\

Yeah, he lacks of touch on ball but he had played WCO for college school in Arizona I believe. The combination of that and Shell's old fashioned offense makes a strong case that Walter needs to continue playing WCO. I think Walter spoke out against Shell and his lovely OC's offense because he lacked of mobility to dance around after 7 steps and wanted to have few steps than 7.

Knapp, not Haskell, is the worst OC in the universe. He does not know how to ulitize players properly. Knapp was there when TO complained about lack of long bomb game from Garcia. Knapp was there when Vick was annually a joke of the year despite of having record for rushing yards by qb.

Raiders have two great WRs on the roster and Kiffin brought Knapp in... Oh boy! Good Luck Raiders.

Your talking more play calling bro, Kiffins calling the plays not knapp. Walter doesnt have the game speed to be a WCO QB nor does he have the accuracy on short passes. walter is the pergect fit for a more stretch the field offense like carolinas and cinci's. Knapp had had a top 10 rushing attack evry season bro. Moss is gone hes not a WCO type WR becuse hes not a good route runner. Knapp has utlized many players the QB Just didnt fit the offense they ran IMO.

I like my bengals picks so far. Revis is the best corner in the draft, and Harris is real good, very underrated. He was great at michigan and cleared all concerns over his athleticism with some great workouts at the combines. Bengals really needed to add a MLB and CB and I did that with their 1st 2 picks, plus I think both were BPA at their spots.

No 3rd rd pick for the Bengals though, that kinda sucks. They took Ahmad Brooks in the supplemental draft last year, cost them their 3rd rder this year.

I like my bengals picks so far. Revis is the best corner in the draft, and Harris is real good, very underrated. He was great at michigan and cleared all concerns over his athleticism with some great workouts at the combines. Bengals really needed to add a MLB and CB and I did that with their 1st 2 picks, plus I think both were BPA at their spots.

No 3rd rd pick for the Bengals though, that kinda sucks. They took Ahmad Brooks in the supplemental draft last year, cost them their 3rd rder this year.

I like the Harris pick, he was on my radar.

Btw, Vilma5114 is OTC and I'm ready to pick right after he goes (I have the gmen).

Edit: I pm'd faba my pick, I'm still sick and need to go to sleep right now. Later guys.

I encourage Faba or Smizzy to make a timetable for each day as we will have a time allocated selection. That way GM will be there to make a pick or pm to mod for next pick without any excuse. You know some GMS have waited too long and they may lose some interest in this game and none of us will sit in front of computer waiting for a turn to make a selection.

I love to finish 7 round mock for first time ever.

Archived