3rd Annual JetNation Mock Draft Discussion thread (talk about the draft here)

Smizzy

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So with the first three picks I selected for the Jets:

1 (25) - CB Aaron Ross, Texas

2 (59) - OT Ryan Harris, Notre Dame

3 (63) - NT Paul Soliai, Utah

Comments? I know some like the Ross pick, others hate it because of his age which is 25, but a young 25 nonetheless.

Comments? I know some like the Ross pick, others hate it because of his age which is 25, but a young 25 nonetheless.

Since you ask ...

With due respect I hate all three picks. Personally, I would take Harrell over Ross, but given your choices I would have also taken Blalock. And I am not in the 'offensive lineman with the first pick' camp. I just didn't think Ross represented value relative to later round CBs since some very good lineman were still on the board. Its not a terrible pick, IMO, just not the way I think the Jets would go in that situation

I think of the three picks Ross was your best pick. Harris is ok but why not Arron Sears? Anyway, if the lineman isnt gonna be Blaock or Grubbs then I would like to see the Jets wait and draft Alleman in the third round and use the second round picks to get defensive athletes with NFL-calibre physical attributes that Mangini can use to mold into an exceptional defense. Personally, given the guys available to the (mock) Jets in the second round I would have prefered more athletic types like DE Alama-Francis (I havent seen him play but I like what I have read about him) and LBs Robison or Durant. Others that I would prefer over your choices are Crowder (DE) and, if he's healthy, DE McDonald (Fla). I like Tanard Jackson, too, but you already took Ross so Jackson wasnt an option - though Jackson's availability helps make my point about Ross.

To me, Soliai was a serious reach.

Honestly, I expect to be equally disappointed with the guys the Jets take on Saturday. I mean, what are the odds the Jets take the exact guys that I have read about or watched play and really like?

Good luck to us all come Saturday :)

I didn't go guard because Brandon Moore is a young guard who is good when he has a good Offensive Tackle next to him. Anthony Clement is not anymore than decent and with a guy like Ryan Harris or somebody who can be a solid good starter, Brandon Moore's play will improve significately.

Aaron Ross is going to be a very good Cornerback for the next 8-10 years and I would love to see the Jets take him.

Soliai, some people see him going as early as Round 2 and I didn't see anybody the Jets could benefit from picking over him at 63.

Those are my explanations.

I didn't go guard because Brandon Moore is a young guard who is good when he has a good Offensive Tackle next to him. Anthony Clement is not anymore than decent and with a guy like Ryan Harris or somebody who can be a solid good starter, Brandon Moore's play will improve significately.

Aaron Ross is going to be a very good Cornerback for the next 8-10 years and I would love to see the Jets take him.

Soliai, some people see him going as early as Round 2 and I didn't see anybody the Jets could benefit from picking over him at 63.

Those are my explanations.

No need to explain. I enjoyed participating in this mock and wish it would have gone another round. I am pumped for the draft. I live in NYC and can't decide if I want to hook up in Times Square or sit at home by myself.

we did a third round?

Archived