Giambi-it's about to get uglier

Bugg

As per ESPN, Torre and Cashman to meet with Giambi this afternoon to "discuss" his situation. Demotion to minors, buyout, benching, asking him to leave? Who knows. It's past time to move this to it's logical conclusion, which is Roid Boy getting lost.

As per ESPN, Torre and Cashman to meet with Giambi this afternoon to "discuss" his situation. Demotion to minors, buyout, benching, asking him to leave? Who knows. It's past time to move this to it's logical conclusion, which is Roid Boy getting lost.

Something is going to have to happen with him SOON especially with Sierra about a week or 2 away from returning from his injury.

He isn't going to replace Tino right now at 1st and he is not going to get time at the DH spot with Bernie and Sierra there.

The best thing Giambi can do is take a trip down to Columbus and see if he can get straightend out there.

And if he balks ? C'ya don't let the door hit you on the way out.

THe Yankees need to move past Giambi. The single worst contract given in all of professional sports.

nah, that honor goes to Allen "sufficate the payroll" Houston

giambis contract is dead weight, but the yankees still have enough money to get around it

the knicks are doomed until Houston retires

I really, really can't imagine the Yankees just releasing Giambi and eating his $80 million. Doesn't make any sense at all to me.

Releasing Felix Rodriguez and eating whatever he has coming to HIM, maybe. But for $80 million, how's about a little more patience to see what he might have left? DFA him, pray that someone gets drunk enough to claim him, and when THAT doesn't happen, outright him to Columbus and let him work it out there.

They can't outright him without his persmission. It is doubtful that he would accept because he knows they wouldn't call him back up this season.

Nice kid Jason is. The 2 5 thing for Mantle was a touching story. He is just not the same player any of us thought he would be.

He has nothing left. Stick the proverbial fork in him, he is DONE folks.

I actually like the move of optioning Giamboo down to AAA. Their steroid testing policy most def is not as stringent as MLB...Juicin Jason can shoot up before every game if he wants to.

Then when old man Tino breaks a hip or something, Giamboo will have huge numbers and be promoted to the big club...only to refrain from juicing and proceed to suck up a storm again.

...and the $80 million cycle continues

He has been told, if he didn't know already, that he's been on waivers for weeks. Teams aren't required to report as much unless he's claimed(which no one will!) or he accepts assignment to the minors. He's probably been asked to go, and refused to go to Columbus.It's become a waiting game-at what point do they eat the biggest writeoff of a pro contract in history, or does Giambi and his agent take a present value percentage of the remaining years(which the player's association doesn't want him to do). At some point he has to be so embarrassed to give in and go away for 60 cents on the dollar(or what ever).

Pretty obvious that the Yankees and their attorneys don't think they can win any suit if they cut him for the roids. If the Yanks thought they could win a breach of contract suit, Gimabi would be gone already.

Bugg...you are right. They don't think they can win a lawsuit. But at what point does Giambi get embarassed about this.

Hit a slow roller down 3B already. Have some pride...change what you are doing son. It isn't working, shake it up a bit.

Giambi has to pray that he starts hitting and that he does it QUICK, meaning in the next game or two and continue that stretch because when Sierra is due to comeback, he may be going down instead of Andy Phillips.

But if you ask me....I think Tom Gordon needs to be sent down to get a little help.

I don't know if they have put him on waivers yet. If they did and no one claimed him then they could send him down to the minors. (That according the Jayson Stark of ESPN).

No one would even think about claiming and assuming the contract.

Once Sierra gets back look for this to happen.

I heard on Sports Radio this am that Yanks FO will be "discussing" sending Giambi down to the minors - where he can either work out his "problems" or fall into oblivion.

Poor Jason.

Can retirement be far away?

I heard on Sports Radio this am that Yanks FO will be "discussing" sending Giambi down to the minors - where he can either work out his "problems" or fall into oblivion.

Poor Jason.

Can retirement be far away?

They talked yesterday and Jason said no to a trip to the minors.

He may not have a choice though much longer

Sending him to AAA with the promise that he'll be back if he renews his stroke is clearly the best option.

However, if he refuses, cutting him wouldn't necesarilly be the next step. I suppose you'd just have to stay the course and continue to have him split time with Tino Martinez, DHing, and the bench.

Sending him to AAA with the promise that he'll be back if he renews his stroke is clearly the best option.

However, if he refuses, cutting him wouldn't necesarilly be the next step. I suppose you'd just have to stay the course and continue to have him split time with Tino Martinez, DHing, and the bench.

I don't think they would outright cut him and have someone (Like the Red Sox) sign him and have George paying his salary.

Could you imagine what would happen if that happened ? :shock::shock::shock:

I don't think they would outright cut him and have someone (Like the Red Sox) sign him and have George paying his salary.

Giambi on the Red Sox? Sounds good to me!

Well, that would be funny, but no one wants a roided out player that can not hit anymore.

Least of all the defending World Champions.

Well, that would be funny, but no one wants a roided out player that can not hit anymore.

Least of all the defending World Champions.

No, you're right

The defending world champs need roided out pitchers at this point!!

Archived