Official 2007 NYJ Schedule

Smizzy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
raffy $426 for 2 people in room at sheraton.....I need a room mate!!!

thats air an hotel

That's very reasonable and I am definitely going now, plus I get to stay in the VIP party room! Now, how do we go about getting some tickets!

Damn. I just realized when their matchup against the Ravens is.

I was hoping for a weekend in Baltimore at the end of September. Saturday-Yanks/Orioles, and Sunday-Jets Ravens. Crap!

That sounds pretty cool. I'm definitely gonna try to make the Ravens game considering my location. And I'd like to add that those are some crazy games for the first and last week of the season. Home against the Patsies and then against the Chiefs, that's gonna be insanity. :P

Sept 9 New England 1:00pm L

Sep 16 @Baltimore 4:15pm L

Sep 23 Miami 1:00pm W

Sep 30 @Buffalo 1:00pm W

Oct 7 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm W

Oct 14 Philadelphia 1:00pm W

Oct 21 @Cincinnati 4:05pm L

Oct 28 Buffalo 3:05pm W

Nov 4 Washington 1:00pm W

Week 10 BYE

Nov 18 Pittsburgh 1:00pm L

Nov 22 @Dallas 4:15pm W

Dec 2 @Miami 1:00pm W

Dec 9 Cleveland 4:15pm W

Dec 16 @New England 1:00pm L

Dec 23 @Tennessee 4:15pm W

Dec 30 Kansas City 8:15pm W

11-5

3. National game at night (home) vs Herm on 12/30

One little problem. That game is tentative - If we wind up the middle of the pack or we suck this year - kiss Sunday night goodbye & hello Sunday afternoon!

lets all wish for a 10-6 season!

:character0293:

BEAUTIFUL...I will be in the U.S. of A when the Jets take on the Giants. I'll be at the Yankees season finale in Baltimore and hopefully at the Jets Giants game after that.

Sept 9 New England 1:00pm - L

Sep 16 @Baltimore 4:15pm - L

Sep 23 Miami 1:00pm - W

Sep 30 @Buffalo 1:00pm - L

Oct 7 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm - L

Oct 14 Philadelphia 1:00pm - L

Oct 21 @Cincinnati 4:05pm - W

Oct 28 Buffalo 3:05pm - W

Nov 4 Washington 1:00pm - W

Week 10 BYE

Nov 18 Pittsburgh 1:00pm - L

Nov 22 @Dallas 4:15pm - L

Dec 2 @Miami 1:00pm - L

Dec 9 Cleveland 4:15pm - W

Dec 16 @New England 1:00pm - W

Dec 23 @Tennessee 4:15pm - W

Dec 30 Kansas City 8:15pm - L

Sept 9 New England 1:00pm - L

Oct 7 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm - L

Oct 21 @Cincinnati 4:05pm - W

Week 10 BYE

Nov 18 Pittsburgh 1:00pm - L

Dec 2 @Miami 1:00pm - L

Dec 16 @New England 1:00pm - W

Dec 30 Kansas City 8:15pm - L

No way Mangini lets this NYJ team lose to Herm... no freakin way...

FYI...if you come anywhere near saying I have a great mind, the credibility of your statement goes right out the window.

LOL yeah...thats what i was trying to get at(and im glad youre not insulted, that you can joke too). Was trying to say they say great minds think alike...but in this case its just you and me. Two minds FAR from great, haha.

Sept 9 New England 1:00pm - W

Sep 30 @Buffalo 1:00pm - W

Oct 7 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm - W

Oct 21 @Cincinnati 4:05pm - L

Week 10 BYE

Nov 18 Pittsburgh 1:00pm - W

Dec 2 @Miami 1:00pm - W

Dec 16 @New England 1:00pm - L

Dec 30 Kansas City 8:15pm - W

11-5 yay!

I do not see how any of you could be happy with the following.

- Starting out with New England and Baltimore

- 4 of our final 6 games, in a 5 game stretch to be exact, are on the road

- Only ONE prime-time game and that is Week 17 against Kansas City which could change back into a day game

- 0 Monday Night Games? Wtf?

- The Giants have 4 Sunday Night games and a Monday Night game while the Jets hold just 1 Sunday Night game, which could change. 3 of the 5 Giant games cannot change because they come before Week 10.

I guess I'm happy, yet pissed, probably more pissed, over this years schedule, but, I'll get over it.. just had to vent.

I hear you 124...but, to be fair, just as our 1 night game can change to a day game, so can our late season day games change to night games. Just taking a quick glance, Pittsburgh, 2nd NE game, Dallas, and Tenn, all are intriguing matchups that COULD turn into night games if both the Jets and those teams perform to their potential. Like you, I am pretty pissed about no MNF, and i HATE starting against NE and Balt.(as its going to be quite a task, if not impossible to go 2-0, i dont even think they will), but its early, and for all we know, in week 17 our patriot posters will be telling us the only reason we're in the playoffs/playoff hunt is because of "the NFL's easiest schedule". And no one will remember how we had one of the toughest at the beginning of the year...b/c it wont really matter, lol.

I'm seeing some 11-5 and 12-4 predictions, are you guys nuts? Lets wait to see what we do between now and the draft, the draft and then between the draft and the first few days of June.

Again, to be fair...the couple of guys who predicted anything higher than 4-12 last year were considered "nuts". Those of us predicting 11-5 or 12-4 are no more right than those saying we wont be better than 8-8. We don't know, but its fun to predict.

Sept 9 New England 1:00pm L

Sep 30 @Buffalo 1:00pm L

Oct 14 Philadelphia 1:00pm L

Oct 21 @Cincinnati 4:05pm L

Week 10 BYE

Nov 18 Pittsburgh 1:00pm W

Nov 22 @Dallas 4:15pm L

Dec 2 @Miami 1:00pm L

Dec 23 @Tennessee 4:15pm W

8-8

Sept 9 New England 1:00pm W

Revenge is sweet. For the 2nd straight year, Mangini's Jets win the season opener. The Pats are very beatable early in the season, and the crowd will be rowdy for a home opener of this magnitude.

The Ravens won't be as strong as last season, but are still a playoff team. Winning on the road appears to be something the Jets are capable of (if last season is any evidence), but not against a defense as strong as Baltimore's.

The rivalry, which has slowly become a hammer-and-nail relationship (the Jets being the hammer) continues at the Meadowlands in yet another division game, Cleo Lemon be damned. The Jets now sit pretty in 1st place in the AFC East (2-0).

The Jets move to 3-1 (3-0 in AFCE play) with the win against the Bills without McGahee. The Jets simply outcoach and outplay Buffalo in the victory, man-handling them at the point of attack.

A 3rd-straight win for the Jets occurs against their cross-town rivals in what appears to be a split crowd despite it being a "road" game. Eli Manning is sacked twice, one by Bryan Thomas and again by Kenyon Coleman.

The Jets finally drop a game to the Eagles at home despite strong efforts by Jerricho Cotchery and Chris Baker, who each find the end zone. A healthy Donovan McNabb out-plays Pennington in the Eagle victory.

Oct 21 @Cincinnati 4:05pm W

The Bengals, who traded lineman Stacy Andrews to the Jets in the offseason, fall to the Jets on their own turf. Chad Johnson has a modest day, with 4 catches, but it is the running game that has a field day for the Jets that pushes them over the top.

The Jets complete the sweep on Buffalo and move to a commanding 4-0 in division play.

The perpetually putrid Redskins fall to the Jets in NY in a low-scoring affair. Dan Snyder's team falls below .500 and stays there for the remainder of the season.

Week 10 BYE

The Jets traditionally have had their difficulties with the Steelers, and even on their home field and with a new coaching staff leading the way for Pittsburgh, the result remains the same in a close one.

The Jets exact some revenge on Bill Parcells on Turkey Day, handling Tony Romo and the Cowboys in the process.

The Dolphins steal a win against the Jets to deliver NY their first AFC East loss. Miami has something to build off of heading into 2008.

The Jets refuse to fall to the Browns for the 2nd straight season, as playing in front of the home crowd gives them an assist.

New England splits the season series, again, with the Jets by winning in Foxboro. Brady, finishing the season on a roll, has a solid day. The race for the division crown will come down to the final weeks.

Dec 23 @Tennessee 4:15pm L

The Jets managed to beat the Titans in Nashville last season against Billy Volek, but Vince Young is a whole different beast. With nearly 2 full seasons complete here in week 16, the Titans get the best of the Jets this time around.

This is the easiest game to decide on; there is simply no way the Jets lose in their re-match against Herm Edwards' club in prime time. Besides, KC will have nothing to play for at this point in the season, anyways.

FINAL RECORD: 10-6 (WILD CARD)

Again, to be fair...the couple of guys who predicted anything higher than 4-12 last year were considered "nuts". Those of us predicting 11-5 or 12-4 are no more right than those saying we wont be better than 8-8. We don't know, but its fun to predict.

Guess I was nuts last year for saying between 7-9 and 10-6 but going with I think 8-8 or 9-7.;-)

The Jets finally drop a game to the Eagles at home despite strong efforts by Jerricho Cotchery and Chris Baker, who each find the end zone. A healthy Donovan McNabb out-plays Pennington in the Eagle victory.

The Jets exact some revenge on Bill Parcells on Turkey Day, handling Tony Romo and the Cowboys in the process.

Have we ever beaten the Eagles in the regular season -- I dont think so

alos Parcells no longer coaches the Cowboys -- if you were being sarcastic I guess I failed to see it --

Last year I predicted 9-7 with a realistic shot at 10-6. Mangini continues to improve this team so I'm going with 10-6 with a realistic shot at 11-5.;)

Sept 9 New England 1:00pm W

Revenge is sweet. For the 2nd straight year, Mangini's Jets win the season opener. The Pats are very beatable early in the season, and the crowd will be rowdy for a home opener of this magnitude.

The Ravens won't be as strong as last season, but are still a playoff team. Winning on the road appears to be something the Jets are capable of (if last season is any evidence), but not against a defense as strong as Baltimore's.

The rivalry, which has slowly become a hammer-and-nail relationship (the Jets being the hammer) continues at the Meadowlands in yet another division game, Cleo Lemon be damned. The Jets now sit pretty in 1st place in the AFC East (2-0).

The Jets move to 3-1 (3-0 in AFCE play) with the win against the Bills without McGahee. The Jets simply outcoach and outplay Buffalo in the victory, man-handling them at the point of attack.

A 3rd-straight win for the Jets occurs against their cross-town rivals in what appears to be a split crowd despite it being a "road" game. Eli Manning is sacked twice, one by Bryan Thomas and again by Kenyon Coleman.

Oct 21 @Cincinnati 4:05pm W

The Bengals, who traded lineman Stacy Andrews to the Jets in the offseason, fall to the Jets on their own turf. Chad Johnson has a modest day, with 4 catches, but it is the running game that has a field day for the Jets that pushes them over the top.

The Jets complete the sweep on Buffalo and move to a commanding 4-0 in division play.

The perpetually putrid Redskins fall to the Jets in NY in a low-scoring affair. Dan Snyder's team falls below .500 and stays there for the remainder of the season.

Week 10 BYE

The Jets traditionally have had their difficulties with the Steelers, and even on their home field and with a new coaching staff leading the way for Pittsburgh, the result remains the same in a close one.

The Dolphins steal a win against the Jets to deliver NY their first AFC East loss. Miami has something to build off of heading into 2008.

The Jets refuse to fall to the Browns for the 2nd straight season, as playing in front of the home crowd gives them an assist.

New England splits the season series, again, with the Jets by winning in Foxboro. Brady, finishing the season on a roll, has a solid day. The race for the division crown will come down to the final weeks.

Dec 23 @Tennessee 4:15pm L

The Jets managed to beat the Titans in Nashville last season against Billy Volek, but Vince Young is a whole different beast. With nearly 2 full seasons complete here in week 16, the Titans get the best of the Jets this time around.

This is the easiest game to decide on; there is simply no way the Jets lose in their re-match against Herm Edwards' club in prime time. Besides, KC will have nothing to play for at this point in the season, anyways.

FINAL RECORD: 10-6 (WILD CARD)

I feel like Toni Realli the stat boy here, but Billy Volek at that point was not on the Titans but was a San Diego Charger. The Jets beat Kerry Collins and Young (who threw a pick himself on an overthrown ball). Either way, Tennessee scares me but we'll see what happens because they have Lendale White leading the rushing attack and no Pac-Man

Guess I was nuts last year for saying between 7-9 and 10-6 but going with I think 8-8 or 9-7.;-)

Last year I predicted 9-7 with a realistic shot at 10-6. Mangini continues to improve this team so I'm going with 10-6 with a realistic shot at 11-5.;)

Hey, I didn't say everyone:p...but if you keep in mind those who did say the Jets could get any better than 4-12, they were all called dillusional. And not by just Tx and other Pats fans, many, MANY Jets fans were in that. What does that mean exactly? I dont really know...but we can atleast see that its hard to predict how a season will go(good or bad) in april.

---and just to add another thing, generally the same people are always pessimists about the Jets every year, with 124 being an exception this year(you do seem to be a glass half full kind of guy most of the time). But...i honestly think if you didn't dislike Chad so much, you'd be saying we could go 10-6-ish as well. Not saying you're right or wrong on Chad...just saying i think thats the essential difference in thinking. If you're not confident in your quarterback, how can you be confident in your team?

Oh and one more thing...am i the only one that hopes that somehow KC finds a way to stay in the wildcard hunt til the last week, and we blow them out?

I hope they are 0-15 going into the game and we can shut the out for the year... either way I will be happy when we win.

Its not as fun that way and if they're 0-15 the game will be on Sunday afternoon, screw that, I wanna have at least one night home game a year.

I would LOVE for KC to come in at 9-6 and for us to give them loss #7, eliminating them from the playoffs. Oh how sweet it would be.

Its not as fun that way and if they're 0-15 the game will be on Sunday afternoon, screw that, I wanna have at least one night home game a year.

I would LOVE for KC to come in at 9-6 and for us to give them loss #7, eliminating them from the playoffs. Oh how sweet it would be.

Yeah BUT....if they went 0-16 we could be assured Herm would not be a HC anymore...

One better: Exactly what you said except add in the fact that the game is meaningless for us and we still woop them!

It all depends on who gets hurt, who plays well, who plays poorly and if anybody improves or gets worse. The way I see it, anything is possible.... But,

Sep 9 New England 1:00pm - W

Oct 7 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm -W

Oct 14 Philadelphia 1:00pm -L

Oct 21 @Cincinnati 4:05pm -L

Oct 28 Buffalo 4:05pm -W

Nov 4 Washington 2:00pm -W

Week 10 BYE

Nov 18 Pittsburgh 2:00pm -W

Nov 22 @Dallas 5:15pm -L

Dec 2 @Miami 2:00pm -L

Dec 9 Cleveland 5:15pm -W

Dec 16 @New England 2:00pm -L

Dec 23 @Tennessee 5:15pm -W

Dec 30 Kansas City 9:15pm -W

9-7.

But it could just as easily be 10-6 or 8-8. They haven't really done that much this offseason for me to say they are going to be better next season. Maybe they find some great players in the draft, but with the draft they have, they'll probably find more role players than studs.

And while i'd love to beat KC the last game of the season, it would be pointess if the Jets go into that game 6-9, regardless of what the chiefs record is. if the jets have a losing season without any major major injuries it means they took a step backwards. and beating herm and kc doesn't change that fact.

It all depends on who gets hurt, who plays well, who plays poorly and if anybody improves or gets worse. The way I see it, anything is possible.... But,

Sep 9 New England 1:00pm - W

Oct 7 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm -W

Oct 14 Philadelphia 1:00pm -L

Oct 21 @Cincinnati 4:05pm -L

Oct 28 Buffalo 4:05pm -W

Nov 4 Washington 2:00pm -W

Week 10 BYE

Nov 18 Pittsburgh 2:00pm -W

Nov 22 @Dallas 5:15pm -L

Dec 2 @Miami 2:00pm -L

Dec 9 Cleveland 5:15pm -W

Dec 16 @New England 2:00pm -L

Dec 23 @Tennessee 5:15pm -W

Dec 30 Kansas City 9:15pm -W

9-7.

But it could just as easily be 10-6 or 8-8. They haven't really done that much this offseason for me to say they are going to be better next season. Maybe they find some great players in the draft, but with the draft they have, they'll probably find more role players than studs.

And while i'd love to beat KC the last game of the season, it would be pointess if the Jets go into that game 6-9, regardless of what the chiefs record is. if the jets have a losing season without any major major injuries it means they took a step backwards. and beating herm and kc doesn't change that fact.

You don't like getting a feature running back that helped his team get to the superbowl, retaining essentially all your starters, signing massive amount of needed depth on the dline, all the while maintaining your total # of picks in each round of the draft.

Cut a guy some slack man.;)

Is a nice player, but he is nothing special.. he probably should gain 1000+ yards next season, but at the end of the day, it was the Bears defense and their special teams that got them to the super bowl, not thomas jones. I don't see him being that much better than the second year Washington. same type of runners.. it's not like Jones is a up the middle pound you kind of runner. He is a big guy, but he's more of a finesse runner than a power runner. All that means is leon won't play much next season unless Jones is fatigued... A change of pace back isn't another back that does the same sort of things as the starter.

I said after the playoff game, this team needs to improve their defense.. So unless they make some great moves in the draft, this defense is basically the same defense as last year.. Nothing that impressive.

ok heres my predictions.

week 1-loss.

week 2-Win (baltimore has,and won't have an O)

week 3,4,5- wins.

week 6-loss.

week 7,8,9-wins.

week 10-bye

week 11,12-loss.

week 13,14-win

week 15-loss.

week 16,17 win.

they go 11-5 with 2 losses to the pats..

adding to what i said before,

i like the bye week coming more or less in mid season.

i like the @buffalo game in september.

the pittsburgh game at home right after the bye week, which i think gives the jets a pretty good edge going into that game.

i would be concerned that if the jets have a good september, october might come back to bite them with philly and cincy and maybe even the 2nd round with buffalo.

i also have to say i like the idea of the 1st 2 games against new england and baltimore being a real barometer of what the season will bring. like have the jets taken the next step? can they play with the big boys? do they belong in the playoffs? can they go further than one and out in the playoffs?

it may seem like a lot to hang on the 1st 2 games of a long season, but i wouldn't say they have to win those games, just show that they belong in them. on the otherhand, i wonder, if they were somehow to win those 1st 2 games how the expectations for the season would go ridiculously through the roof.

anyway, all in all, i have to say i really like the schedule, the competitiveness of the teams they are playing, the ebb & flow of away vs. home games, the drama and possible meaningfulness of the opening and closing games.

i have to say i usually don't pay any attention to the offseason, but right now i am so friggin excited for the season opener. i can't believe its only april!

Archived