Not 1 Monday Night Game???

It's all about money.... The Jets are not a huge draw around the country. I have lived in Seattle, wa for the past six months and for the most part, nobody here knows anything about the Jets....

But Cowboys, patriots, colts and so on are known teams with fans around the country.

It's all about the money. Until the Jets start winning big games, making super bowls or they develop a star qb, rb, wr, or defensive player, nobody will care to see them besides us jets fans. And that means for the most part, not many prime time games.

Prime time games are more about money than anything else. tv want's ratings. The nFL wants ratings. IF you have a team not many people outside the fan base have an interest in, then nobody watches. not a good thing.

I'd like to see them on monday night, but the reality is, until they start winning on a consistent basis and become a legit contender or Clemens or whomever becomes an NFL HOF type star, they aren't going to get many prime time games.

Come out of Dallas 10-1 or 9-2, and one or 2 of those TBA games will go to Sunday night. I really don't care one way or the other. I won't cry if that happens(especiallly if we're in the running for a top AFC seed), just prefer the afternoon games.

Read Randy Lange's post on the websie. All the games from around Steelers on are TBA, though giving the Jets Sunday night before traveling to Dallas for Thanksgiving would be a huge screwing. No matter-on December 30th, I'm going to get a lil'drunk and yell some unpleasantries at Coach Jerk Chicken. I can hardly wait. Especillay if the Jets can get to embarrass his a$$ on national TV and clinch some good stuff.

The Jets have no star attractions. The only attraction they draw is Mangini vs Big Bill, which happens twice a year and probably will wind up as one of the games of the week.

And then the thanksgiving game is thomas jones vs julius jones.

Other then that, the NFL has no reason to put the jets on monday night or in prime time... I might be a fan but it is all about marketing and ratings during the prime time games.

Even if the Jets do well next season and go 11-5 they aren't a high powered offense and they don't have a smash mouth defense. They have no Favre, no Vick, no TO, no Moss, No Ray Lewis and so on.

It's more about marketing than anything else. SF is supposed to be the 'up and coming team' with one of the top RB in the league last year, a young QB, a young coach, a young TE, and a young team. Arizona is supposed to be this young team with Leinart and so on.

Right now, besides Jets fans, they spark no interest around the league. Nobody cares about Chad P.... Moral character guys are great and if they win , even better... But don't expect them to be on prime time that often unless they win a super bowl or one of their players shoots somebody or becomes an nfl star... They have no NFL stars right now and for that reason, the NFL has no desire to put them on monday night, espeically since monday night ratings haven't been that impressive for years.

Just numbers wise, the jets have more than enough fans (and haters) to make up for the lack of interest in some other, smaller markets. NYC has about 10,000,000 people on it's own, tack on the fans within the tri state area and we're talking a lot of interest from a lot of people. There are also a ton of football fans in the cities/states of our division rivals and who better than to root dead on Monday night than a division rival.

Just saying, I think ratings are down because they've made a lot of bad decisions and one of them is leaving the jets off monday night. That's just dumb.

The NY Yankees vs NY Mets subway series was one of the lowest rated on television of all time.

Yeah there are tons of fans in the NY, NJ, CT, and Pa areas... But the NY Giants have a bigger fan base then the NY Jets do.... and around the country, there are tons of Steelers, Cowboys, Patriots, and Raider fans....

There are not that many NY Jets fans around the country. Heck when you talk about football and say you are from NY, people always assume your a NY Giants fan.

It is just the way it is.

YEah i agree MNF is nowhere near what it once was, but the Jets don't have a Joe Namath, or Mark Gast anymore. They have nice players that nobody cares about unless you are a NY Jet fan.

THANK YOU!!!!!! :good:

Everybody works, has a family, and other various responsibilities...sorry if you have problems staying out late, or have night time bladder issues, or arent allowed to take you balls out of the lockbox and hang out with the fellas at the bar/pub drink a few beers and eat some hot wings on a week night...i mean damn arent we talking about Monday Night Football?

Answer the simple question:

Why is it so important to have a Sunday or Monday Night game?

I dont have problems staying out late, but I do have a job and responsibilities and having to leave work early on Monday and going in late Tuesday just isnt that much fun. I go to every game, including preseason. I drive 4 hours each way. I support this team year after year. Im a hell of a lot happier when we dont have late games, full of first-timers who do nothing more than get sloppy drunk and start fights and ruin my $95 a game experience. Id rather be there sunday afternoon with the rest of the real season ticket holders who have sat around us since Shea stadium days than with people who rarely attend a game, or worse-- visiting fans ... And yeah, I could make a killing with my seats, but I dont because I am a fan who gives a $hit about the team and not the money.

When I was younger I loved Monday night games (except when a tractor trailer ran into us on the GWB going home after another Monday night loss) but now that I have a real life I realize how much it sucks---especially now that I have to drive 4 hrs home.

The only reason why I would ever be happy about having a home monday night game is so I wouldnt have to hear the lousy broadcasters...

But, fine, whatever... you need a primetime game for some reason... I guess I dont need to have someone stroke my ego about how good my team is by when they play. All I worry about is how my team is doing, not how they are perceived by the media or other teams fans.

personally i dont think MNF is the big attraction it used to be.

in my opinion primetime sunday night has become the bigger showcase (and sign of respect) for teams.

the barometer of what the networks think of the jets will come in the second half of the season when they exercise their flex scheduling.

otherwise i agree with pjam that for now the rest of the country doesn't think too much about watching our beloved ny jets.

Go Jets! :penguin:

• Upvote 1
Answer the simple question:

Why is it so important to have a Sunday or Monday Night game?

I dont have problems staying out late, but I do have a job and responsibilities and having to leave work early on Monday and going in late Tuesday just isnt that much fun. I go to every game, including preseason. I drive 4 hours each way. I support this team year after year. Im a hell of a lot happier when we dont have late games, full of first-timers who do nothing more than get sloppy drunk and start fights and ruin my $95 a game experience. Id rather be there sunday afternoon with the rest of the real season ticket holders who have sat around us since Shea stadium days than with people who rarely attend a game, or worse-- visiting fans ... And yeah, I could make a killing with my seats, but I dont because I am a fan who gives a $hit about the team and not the money.

When I was younger I loved Monday night games (except when a tractor trailer ran into us on the GWB going home after another Monday night loss) but now that I have a real life I realize how much it sucks---especially now that I have to drive 4 hrs home.

The only reason why I would ever be happy about having a home monday night game is so I wouldnt have to hear the lousy broadcasters...

But, fine, whatever... you need a primetime game for some reason... I guess I dont need to have someone stroke my ego about how good my team is by when they play. All I worry about is how my team is doing, not how they are perceived by the media or other teams fans.

:-({|= Sorry your game experience is ruined by those who dont have season tickets and for your 4 hour ride home, hope everyone was ok after the truck hit you...but lets not get it twisted i dont NEED a Monday Night Game to validate squat and its not about stroking anyones ego as far as i am concerned...but anytime the burden of your drive or morbid disdain for Jet fans of any kind becomes to much for you to bear give me your tickets and i will fly in from Atlanta and subject myself to the torture of sitting in your seats :superman:

Oh and the answer to your question...BECAUSE I FIND IT FUN...I FIND IT ENJOYABLE TO WATCH THE JETS ON MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL...different stroke for different folks

• Upvote 1
The NY Yankees vs NY Mets subway series was one of the lowest rated on television of all time.

Yeah there are tons of fans in the NY, NJ, CT, and Pa areas... But the NY Giants have a bigger fan base then the NY Jets do.... and around the country, there are tons of Steelers, Cowboys, Patriots, and Raider fans....

There are not that many NY Jets fans around the country. Heck when you talk about football and say you are from NY, people always assume your a NY Giants fan.

It is just the way it is.

YEah i agree MNF is nowhere near what it once was, but the Jets don't have a Joe Namath, or Mark Gast anymore. They have nice players that nobody cares about unless you are a NY Jet fan.

I agree with you about there may be some teams like the Cowboys and Steelers may have a lot more fans around the country but has been discussed many times it

comes from fans who saw them on TV a lot during there heydays and migrated toward

them.

However I don't know how you came to the statistical conculsion that there are not a lot

of Jet fans around the country. Just look at wheresome of the guys on here are

from.

I've been down in Fla. for 11 years now. I am constantly amazed as to the amount

of Jet fans i have met. My license plate has a lot to do with it so I get people

stopping me and talking. In fact I live in an area of florida not considered heavily

populated and I recently discovered there are TWO other posters on this board

from my area.

As for the Giants I have friends in South florida which is heavily populated with

ex NewYorkers and they tell me they rarely see any Giant fans.

In fact I would say there are as many Jet fans from Florida on here as from NY and NJ.

the home opener v. the pats was supposed to be a monday game but belichick didn't want to lose in front of such a huge tv audience.

(i hope this didn't offend any pats fans who apparently have some input on what goes on at a JETS board. does this bother anyone else? i bleed green, dunno about you guys).

the home opener v. the pats was supposed to be a monday game but belichick didn't want to lose in front of such a huge tv audience.

(i hope this didn't offend any pats fans who apparently have some input on what goes on at a JETS board. does this bother anyone else? i bleed green, dunno about you guys).

Gotta give Garb a least 10 min to get off that high horse of hers.She will chime in 3.....2......1....
:-({|= Sorry your game experience is ruined by those who dont have season tickets and for your 4 hour ride home, hope everyone was ok after the truck hit you...but lets not get it twisted i dont NEED a Monday Night Game to validate squat and its not about stroking anyones ego as far as i am concerned...but anytime the burden of your drive or morbid disdain for Jet fans of any kind becomes to much for you to bear give me your tickets and i will fly in from Atlanta and subject myself to the torture of sitting in your seats :superman:

Oh and the answer to your question...BECAUSE I FIND IT FUN...I FIND IT ENJOYABLE TO WATCH THE JETS ON MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL...different stroke for different folks

I'll call you when they require a PSL fee... :P

I'm glad you find it fun and enjoyable... But as I said, the ride home and drunk fans ruins the fun and enjoyment.

Its not like Jet fans are the only one complaining about this... you should troll the Chiefs boards!

And yep, different strokes for different folks... although I enjoyed Facts of Life much more

I'll call you when they require a PSL fee... :P

I'm glad you find it fun and enjoyable... But as I said, the ride home and drunk fans ruins the fun and enjoyment.

Its not like Jet fans are the only one complaining about this... you should troll the Chiefs boards!

And yep, different strokes for different folks... although I enjoyed Facts of Life much more

hmmmmm....but see willis had janet jackson on there and even Tootie came on a few episodes, and when you compare that to Tootie (who had the biggest :strip1: for a young teenager lol) and Blair, i think i will still give the edge to Different Strokes since Facts of Lilfe was the spinoff lol

Maybe it has something to do with this:

2002: Made the Playoffs

2003: Missed the Playoffs

2004: Made the Playoffs

2005: Missed the Playoffs

2006: Made the Playoffs

2007: ?????

The Cowboys, Steelers and Giants have been inconsistent but they have huge National appeal.

The Colts & Pats? Enough said.

FYI: 2007 is the first time in a while that the Raiders wont be on National TV. It only took the NFL 3 seasons to figure that out!

The NFL want ratings.

Maybe it has something to do with this:

2002: Made the Playoffs

2003: Missed the Playoffs

2004: Made the Playoffs

2005: Missed the Playoffs

2006: Made the Playoffs

2007: ?????

The Cowboys, Steelers and Giants have been inconsistent but they have huge National appeal.

The Colts & Pats? Enough said.

FYI: 2007 is the first time in a while that the Raiders wont be on National TV. It only took the NFL 3 seasons to figure that out!

The NFL want ratings.

Do you not see that this conversation has elevated into a highly intellectual conversation about the merits of Different Strokes vs the Facts of Life...pick a a side or get out of the way :box::P

Do you not see that this conversation has elevated into a highly intellectual conversation about the merits of Different Strokes vs the Facts of Life...pick a a side or get out of the way :box::P

I picked a side. That would be NBC, CBS, Fox, ESPN, NFL Network and the NFL!

hmmmmm....but see willis had janet jackson on there and even Tootie came on a few episodes, and when you compare that to Tootie (who had the biggest :strip1: for a young teenager lol) and Blair, i think i will still give the edge to Different Strokes since Facts of Lilfe was the spinoff lol

It was one of the few spinoffs I actually liked...

I got tired real quick of the "Whatca talkin' 'bout Willis..."

And the rich man taking in poor black kids.... probably my introduction to the liberal side of life.

While Facts of Life had a bunch of young, sweet innocent girls at a private school.... who know what adventures they could get into if it aired on Cinemax.....

At least with Facts of Life I can ignore the preachy story line and come up with my own story line.... and having a closet lesbian makes it even hotter...

Diff'rent Strokes.... This is where society started going downhill... If they would have spelled it correctly, we wouldnt be in the quagmire we are in now with kids relying on spellcheck to get the words right....

It was one of the few spinoffs I actually liked...

I got tired real quick of the "Whatca talkin' 'bout Willis..."

And the rich man taking in poor black kids.... probably my introduction to the liberal side of life.

While Facts of Life had a bunch of young, sweet innocent girls at a private school.... who know what adventures they could get into if it aired on Cinemax.....

At least with Facts of Life I can ignore the preachy story line and come up with my own story line.... and having a closet lesbian makes it even hotter...

Diff'rent Strokes.... This is where society started going downhill... If they would have spelled it correctly, we wouldnt be in the quagmire we are in now with kids relying on spellcheck to get the words right....

Great analysis my friend :love0030: :love0030: :love0030: :love0030: , yeah i wonder how Joe's character would have developed if it came on right after the L Word...but you have to admit when Arnold and Willis got rejected by the hood cats after showing up in the limo was classic:rl:

You take the good

You take the bad

You take them both

and there you have

The Facts of Life

I shall offer you a draw on this debate as it actually had significant impacts on society, one of the first mixed families and a sublimal introduction to girls on girls :rl:

Great analysis my friend :love0030: :love0030: :love0030: :love0030: , yeah i wonder how Joe's character would have developed if it came on right after the L Word...but you have to admit when Arnold and Willis got rejected by the hood cats after showing up in the limo was classic:rl:

You take the good

You take the bad

You take them both

and there you have

The Facts of Life

I shall offer you a draw on this debate as it actually had significant impacts on society, one of the first mixed families and a sublimal introduction to girls on girls :rl:

A draw??? I thought the new rules of JetNation called for a shootout in these situations..... just stay away from my five-hole

If we have to call it a draw, it brings my overall record to 0-0-1

A draw??? I thought the new rules of JetNation called for a shootout in these situations..... just stay away from my five-hole

If we have to call it a draw, it brings my overall record to 0-0-1

not exactly sure where your five hole is but dont want to come close to it at all :rl: