jets shopping mccarienes

jets rooter

Not the second rounder they paid for him. But since the bungles just lost henry for most of the year. How many of you think J-mac for Andrews would be a good trade? Personally I don't see why the jets want to trade him. We aren't going to find another 3rd receiver as good as him and he is going to play with a chip on his shoulder to prove himself to this coaching staff.

Not the second rounder they paid for him. But since the bungles just lost henry for most of the year. How many of you think J-mac for Andrews would be a good trade? Personally I don't see why the jets want to trade him. We aren't going to find another 3rd receiver as good as him and he is going to play with a chip on his shoulder to prove himself to this coaching staff.

I think CIN has cap issues and therefore would have no interest in McCairens, at his current rate of pay.

I'd HATE to see JMac go as I believe we would not find another #3 receiver as good as he is. That being said, IF we did deal him I would think a 4th would be the best we could get for him. I pray we don't deal him. I feel, as others , that he'll come into camp with a huge chip on his shoulder and really perform at a top level.

McCareins never lived up to that trade. I didn't like him last year or the previous year. Dropped way to many balls.

If he can be had for a 4th round pick, it'd be a miracle. I'd take almost anything for him, considering he'll be cut by training camp anyway.

McCareins never lived up to that trade. I didn't like him last year or the previous year. Dropped way to many balls.

If he can be had for a 4th round pick, it'd be a miracle. I'd take almost anything for him, considering he'll be cut by training camp anyway.

If so, we'd probably see Smith get more playing time. Might not be a bad thing. Or possible that the Jets might go after a WR in the 1st or 2nd round.

I'd HATE to see JMac go as I believe we would not find another #3 receiver as good as he is. That being said, IF we did deal him I would think a 4th would be the best we could get for him. I pray we don't deal him. I feel, as others , that he'll come into camp with a huge chip on his shoulder and really perform at a top level.

I would mind seeing Brad Smith in the #3 WR spot. He showed last season he could certainly be capable of being a decent receiver, maybe not a #1 or #2 receiver, but #3 could be possible.

J-Mac for a 4th would be a good trade and something I think we could pull off. Someone like Cincy or Oakland might be interested if they decide to get rid of Moss and draft JaMarcus Russell instead of Calvin Johnson.

A draft pick of any sort would be nice for J Mac. But, why would another team take on his HUGE salary. I think that we are screwed and will have to release him. Can the Jets cover part of his salary if they trade him? Like they do in baseball?

J-mac for Stacey Andrews sounds good to me.

mccariens is worth no more than a 5th rder considering his best year was 813 yards recieving. that would be great to see him and say our 3rd or 4th get traded for andrews but the bengals have way too many pressing issues on d to take on his contract. plus having houz and CJ as high profiled players and chris henry being an up and coming player, they won't want to settle for an average 3rd WR.

i love brad smith though, i think that they should develop him into an antowain randel el type WR to add an element of trickery on any given play, yet be used as a decoy then i really feel that they wouldn't need to draft a WR early and have timmy dwight as our #4. whenever smith got in last year, defenses keened in on smith because they knew how much the jets loved his skills and what he could do

mccariens is worth no more than a 5th rder considering his best year was 813 yards recieving. that would be great to see him and say our 3rd or 4th get traded for andrews but the bengals have way too many pressing issues on d to take on his contract. plus having houz and CJ as high profiled players and chris henry being an up and coming player, they won't want to settle for an average 3rd WR.

i love brad smith though, i think that they should develop him into an antowain randel el type WR to add an element of trickery on any given play, yet be used as a decoy then i really feel that they wouldn't need to draft a WR early and have timmy dwight as our #4. whenever smith got in last year, defenses keened in on smith because they knew how much the jets loved his skills and what he could do

So the reason Brad Smith didn't get double digit catches is because teams keyed in on him? Brad Smith has a ton of talent, but he is very raw as a wr. He has a long way to go to be as good as JMac. His entire career amounts to an average game for a good wr. He had a lot of work to do. Let's hope he did it during the offseason.

Cincy can sign a free agent or grab someone in the 3rd or 4th round that is as good or better than J-Mac for a fraction of the price.

Cincy can sign a free agent or grab someone in the 3rd or 4th round that is as good or better than J-Mac for a fraction of the price.

I would be VERY happy if we got ANYTHING for JMac. He has the potential to be a pretty good #2 or #3 reciever, but just hasn't done it yet.... maybe the FO is putting him on the trading block to scare him into playing well this year?

So the reason Brad Smith didn't get double digit catches is because teams keyed in on him? Brad Smith has a ton of talent, but he is very raw as a wr. He has a long way to go to be as good as JMac. His entire career amounts to an average game for a good wr. He had a lot of work to do. Let's hope he did it during the offseason.

can't disagree with that one, he was a very raw product and maybe i guess i saw alot of potential for him turning into a randle el type 3rd WR, with the ability to maybe do some WR reverse passes or lining up as a QB. let's just hope that smith did close the gap and starts reaching that dynamic potential that many fans and tan-gini thought of. as for mccariens, hopefully we can get something for him that we can see smith shine in 07'

maybe they draft a third receiver better than him. How hard could that be? He stinks.

Be careful what you wish for...I think the Jets are looking for JMac to restructure... Brad Smith has a way to go in terms of being a NFL wr and Tim Dwight needs to stay healthy. J Mac started to come on at the end of the year

A draft pick of any sort would be nice for J Mac. But, why would another team take on his HUGE salary. I think that we are screwed and will have to release him. Can the Jets cover part of his salary if they trade him? Like they do in baseball?

Don't think so... but we could offer to trade him for someone else's overpaid garbage.

McCareins for Overpaid loser + draft pick.

Archived