Any word on Moose?

Thor99

How old is Schilling?

Lets play Curt Schilling -vs- Mike Mussina, shall we?

One guy leaves games in the 3rd inning with an infalmed labia majora, the other superglues his torn ankle tendons together and dominates the Yankees in the playoffs in Willis Reed-meets-John Wayne fashion.

One guy has won 20+ games multiple times in his stellar career. The other has never done so and never will!

One guy has won 2 world series titles, both times steamrolling over the Yankees to do so. The other has never won a world series EVER and never will!

Guess who is who!!!

One guy leaves games in the 3rd inning with an infalmed labia majora, the other superglues his torn ankle tendons together and dominates the Yankees in the playoffs in Willis Reed-meets-John Wayne fashion.

One guy has won 20+ games multiple times in his stellar career. The other has never done so and never will!

One guy has won 2 world series titles, both times steamrolling over the Yankees to do so. The other has never won a world series EVER and never will!

Guess who is who!!!

Good lord,I hope you choke on your dinner

Guess who is who!!!

Wait so how old is Schilling... I dont think it was said anywhere in the mumbo jumbo above...

Guess who is who!!!

If you want to base comments on World series rings. STFU and never say anything about Jeter, Mariano, Pettite, Bernie, Posada. Those guys have more rings that Big Pipi, Manny and company. You can throw in all the piles of crap that played for beafart in the previous decades too. Please also note, that in the last 10 years the Yankees have won more rings than your pathetic Red Sux. Now shut your pickle kisser and go away for a few days.

If you want to base comments on World series rings. STFU and never say anything about Jeter, Mariano, Pettite, Bernie, Posada. Those guys have more rings that Big Pipi, Manny and company. You can throw in all the piles of crap that played for beafart in the previous decades too. Please also note, that in the last 10 years the Yankees have won more rings than your pathetic Red Sux. Now shut your pickle kisser and go away for a few days.

How 'bout I stay right here and ignore you and your constant whining and endless bullsh!t. I only hope one day its possible for you to find it in your heart to ignore me like have been ignoring you for the past year or so.

But that will never happen. I can never be ignored by the knuckle-dragging morons that come on here and wave Yankee pom-poms ad nauseum.

How 'bout I stay right here and ignore you and your constant whining and endless bullsh!t. I only hope one day its possible for you to find it in your heart to ignore me like have been ignoring you for the past year or so.

But that will never happen. I can never be ignored by the knuckle-dragging morons that come on here and wave Yankee pom-poms ad nauseum.

No need for personal attacks buddy... baseball talk will do just fine :)

You gave no answer to anything I posted, which once again proves I am right. You or any Sux fan should never talk about comparing WS Rings. You have ONE in how many decades ? Kthxbye . Try sticking to other comparisons, where you MIGHT have a chance at winning an arguement .

Guess who is who!!!

The only thing schilling has on moose is that he road other players' coattails to 2 titles (which are team stats)

You gave no answer to anything I posted, which once again proves I am right. You or any Sux fan should never talk about comparing WS Rings. You have ONE in how many decades ? Kthxbye . Try sticking to other comparisons, where you MIGHT have a chance at winning an arguement .

I think there's a bigger chance of the Nationals winning the World Series this year.

I said this is in another post, I think it would be a great idea for all the JN baseball posters to put this a$$clown on ignore.

I think there's a bigger chance of the Nationals winning the World Series this year.

I said this is in another post, I think it would be a great idea for all the JN baseball posters to put this a$$clown on ignore.

I've been saying it for a couple of seasons now MJ but people just don't get it. This guy puts the bait out there and fans can't take it fast enough. It's the same gimmick year after year and Yankee fans just fall for it over and over again. In all honesty he's not as bad as some Yankee fans on here (okay, one Yankee fan) because at least it's obvious that he doesn't even believe half the BS he says. He just says it to get people riled up. In a wierd way I have some kind of respect for the guy. I mean, who would think that you could use an old, tired, recycled gimmick season after season and continue to get people to fall for it.

Getting back on topic....the Yankees made a mistake re-signing Moose at that price. He's got a sore hammy and will miss at least one start.

I dont see how that has any relevance. Boston has 3 guys that can actually hit. Their lineup is brutal.

Brutal may be a little strong but anyway we have learned by now that a All-Star 1-9 in the batting order gets you to the divisional round unless you can hang with good pitching.

I didnt name anybody specifically, therefore its not a personal attack. No matter how much my description may sound like I am talking about you, smizzy, Bob, Airforce, Fake80 or anyone else...

Do you want to bet? Listen you nailed it when we had Tx leave. No need to go down that road. And believe me I am not worried about who started it.

Just lay off the personal attacks all around.

3 ER in 7 innings is being dominated? I thought it was called a quality start. My bad.

That is pretty funny actually. When I was a kid I used to get mad at the gold standard for quality starts. Because it equaled a 4.50 era.

Anyhow fast forward to today and damn, that is really a quality start now. Maybe to reflect the modern age they should update the parameters.

6IP - 4ER should do it on todays terms. Sad but true.

That is pretty funny actually. When I was a kid I used to get mad at the gold standard for quality starts. Because it equaled a 4.50 era.

Anyhow fast forward to today and damn, that is really a quality start now. Maybe to reflect the modern age they should update the parameters.

6IP - 4ER should do it on todays terms. Sad but true.

Dead on Max. As a kid I remember wondering how guys with ERAs over 4.50 stayed in the bigs. Now it's not that terrible. With the offensive explosion of the past decade or so combined with so many teams putting more emphasis on their 'pen, I can live with a guy going 6+ innings and allowing 4 runs.

The only thing schilling has on moose is that he road other players' coattails to 2 titles (which are team stats)

Right. He was on the coattails when he won 22 games in 2001. Or when he went 4-0 while he pitched 48 innings while giving up 6 ER and striking out 56 in the playoffs that year. And same thing in 2004 when he won 21 games. Or in the 2004 playoffs when he went 3-1 and pitched on a leg and a half.

He's a career 8-2 pitcher in the playoffs with a 2.06 ERA. Mussina is 7-8 with a 3.40 ERA.

Served.

Dead on Max. As a kid I remember wondering how guys with ERAs over 4.50 stayed in the bigs. Now it's not that terrible. With the offensive explosion of the past decade or so combined with so many teams putting more emphasis on their 'pen, I can live with a guy going 6+ innings and allowing 4 runs.

If you are getting alot of quality starts it's a good chance that many of them will be better then 6ip 3er which is the baseline.

Archived