The Food Thread

SouthernJet

All food , all the time..

meat, veggies, buffets, gourmet,,

recipes, grilling techniques,, pictures, memories thatfood played in life,,etc etc etc etc

I will start:

I used to like a lot of junk on my steak, but as I get older I realize a topshelf cut of meat needs nothing but grilling..

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used to like a lot of junk on my steak, but as I get older I realize a topshelf cut of meat needs nothing but grilling..

I never understood people putting crap (toppings, steak sauce) on a good cut of meat. It's all about the natural flavor. I could eat steak 7 days a week if I had to.

Most people think I'm crazy but I will take a good hamburger over a steak any day of the week. I still enjoy steak and like throwing one on the grill every now and then but it can't beat a good burger.

I do the this side of grill is a burger or steak and other half a slamon for the wife,, and LORD not food touching is allowed, ,cant have that salmon touching my steak and ruining the taste.

salmon is tough to do on the grill so kudos to you. I daresay no ones better than my wife when it comes to salmon cookin on a grill.

salmon is tough to do on the grill so kudos to you. I daresay no ones better than my wife when it comes to salmon cookin on a grill.

Salmon isn't that bad on the grill as long as you pay attention. You can't just throw it on there and walk away. I've grilled it one time and it turned out absolutely perfect. I didn't even know what to put on it so I improvised. I think I mixed up some soy sauce and maple syrup with a few different herbs and it turned out great.

chicken fried steak w/ mashed potatoes and gravy, peas and a nice dinner roll. There is no possible way to top that meal, none.

Yuck, sounds like something i would be forced to choke down at some truckstop dump in south carolina on my way down to florida.

Hey Alk, they got any good EYE-talian food out there?

Most people think I'm crazy but I will take a good hamburger over a steak any day of the week. I still enjoy steak and like throwing one on the grill every now and then but it can't beat a good burger.

I gotta kinda agree with ya, I have more cravings for a good ole burger than a steak. Does this make me a hillbillie?

Yuck, sounds like something i would be forced to choke down at some truckstop dump in south carolina on my way down to florida.

We have a pretty decent italian restaurant here in town, it's called Fazolis. :lol: Just kidding, I love italian food and cook it quite a bit but there is one restaurant here that I think is pretty good although I have nothing else to compare it to other than the Olive Garden.

We have a pretty decent italian restaurant here in town, it's called Fazolis. :lol: Just kidding, I love italian food and cook it quite a bit but there is one restaurant here that I think is pretty good although I have nothing else to compare it to other than the Olive Garden.

you just answered his question...

By the way, if you do a steak right, all you need is a can of beer and some salt & cracked pepper. I throw my steak in a bowl and pour a bottle of beer over the top of it and let it sit overnight. Throw it on the grill the next day and use the leftover beer in the bowl to pour over the steak while it's cooking. Like butta!!

I think is pretty good although I have nothing else to compare it to other than the Olive Garden.

:eek::eek::eek:

Olive Garden is a total bastardization of my heritage. NEVER EVER refer to Olive Garden as Italian food. One trip to Italy will blow your mind dude if you think a deep fried hamburger is heaven. Italians taught the world how to eat.

Olive Garden is a total bastardization of my heritage. NEVER EVER refer to Olive Garden as Italian food. One trip to Italy will blow your mind dude if you think a deep fried hamburger is heaven. Italians taught the world how to eat.

I figured you more of a roast beef kind of guy.

well actually, the Chinese taught the Italians;)

i don't eat alot of meat. a little, but not much. i also don't do much cooking anymore. for breakfast i usually have some fruit and maybe a small pastry or something. lunch i go light, either a sandwich or burrito or something. for dinner, whatever is in the house. food isn't a big deal to me, i eat very little...

thats the same with pretty much any restaraunt these days. very few actually serve food that is similar to what they refer to it as.

well actually, the Chinese taught the Italians;)

HAHAHA, whatever! I love chinese food, as a lot of italians do, but other than the whole noodle thing, the chinese have nothing on the italians. Lo mein is good, but it ain't no fettucini carbonara, and my grandma doesn't cook with a wok!

HAHAHA, whatever! I love chinese food, as a lot of italians do, but other than the whole noodle thing, the chinese have nothing on the italians. Lo mein is good, but it ain't no fettucini carbonara, and my grandma doesn't cook with a wok!

yup, but for every pasta dish a Italian cooks they owe the Chinese (via Marco Polo) a commission;)

Archived