The Food Thread

SouthernJet

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who here likes mayo on their burgers?

Personally, I can't stand it. It gets all warm and gross.

I would never put it on a burger, but some places pop it on and it is good, especially if the burger is fresh before it gets all warm and nasty like you say. Fatburger puts mustard, relish, and mayo on their burgers and while it sounds gross to people in the north east who don't put mustard on their burger, it is actually pretty awesome.

Who here likes mayo on their burgers?

Personally, I can't stand it. It gets all warm and gross.

I do on occasion. I'll normally do it if I have a leftover burger that I grilled the day before. The mayo kind of moistens things back up a gain. Actually when I say mayo I mean miracle whip. Not a big fan of plain mayo. Not enough flavor. :)

:) F#ckin' city slickers anyway. What do you think your beloved italian food looks like when it's sitting there boiling in your guts?

lol, hey i am open to way more then just italian food, although that is easily the greatest cuisine on earth.

As to your argument, I don't order my food predigested, so it should not look like it has been sitting in a stomach for an hour.

I do on occasion. I'll normally do it if I have a leftover burger that I grilled the day before. The mayo kind of moistens things back up a gain. Actually when I say mayo I mean miracle whip. Not a big fan of plain mayo. Not enough flavor. :)

haha, the whole miracle whip/mayo thing is funny, it is such a geographical thing. My mother grew up deep in the poconos in the country, and they had miracle whip, if you go food shopping out there that is what is prominent on the shelves. Here in new york it is mayo, with only smaller bottles of miracle whip. That miracle stuff is too tangy.

haha, the whole miracle whip/mayo thing is funny, it is such a geographical thing. My mother grew up deep in the poconos in the country, and they had miracle whip, if you go food shopping out there that is what is prominent on the shelves. Here in new york it is mayo, with only smaller bottles of miracle whip. That miracle stuff is too tangy.

It's probably 50/50 here. I had one grandma that always had mayo and one always had miracle whip. It was miracle whip at home too. I can tolerate mayo but like the little zip that miracle whip has.

gray's papaya. whenever i'm in The City i eat 8 of them after last call.

Gray's papaya is good, but i only go to the one in the west village on 6th. It was awesome when the hot dogs were .50 each, i think they are .75 or a buck now. Gotta get em with everything, mustard/kraut/onions

i am telling ya, anyone who lives or works in manhattan HAS to go to Hill Country, awesome BBQ. IT works on the meal ticket system like katz's, where everyone gets their own ticket, and you go up to a counter and order what you want and the butcher pulls the assorted meats out of the pit and slices it off fresh for you, whatever size you want. It is great for groups since everyone gets their own ticket and bill.

they also have great drinks and live music most nights.

Here is the menu

Been there a few times already as it is great to go for a big dinner or a quick bite to eat since you can order as much or little as you want. The pork ribs are good, brisket is awesome, beef shoulder is the best, beer can hen is pretty good, the hot links are good, mac and cheese was a little strong, most of the other sides are pretty great.

Also, for the musicians on the board, their music scene is decent, they have lots of bands playing there and there is a link on the site to contact their booking agent.

I have a question that's perplexed me for some time. Please don't answer with "well, because."

Why do we have "Breakfast food"?

A stomach cannot tell time. It has no way of saying "it's only 8am and my acids can only process cereal, eggs or donuts". Hydrochloric acid works 24/7.

So why does my wife go off on me when I want to heat up last night's chinese? It was good then, why can't it be good now?

I asked her what she thinks Chinese people eat for breakfast and she gave me the "just do what you're told by society" look.

I have a question that's perplexed me for some time. Please don't answer with "well, because."

Why do we have "Breakfast food"?

A stomach cannot tell time. It has no way of saying "it's only 8am and my acids can only process cereal, eggs or donuts". Hydrochloric acid works 24/7.

So why does my wife go off on me when I want to heat up last night's chinese? It was good then, why can't it be good now?

I asked her what she thinks Chinese people eat for breakfast and she gave me the "just do what you're told by society" look.

Chinese eat nasty @ss dimsum, sometimes a fried egg. In korea I had something that sounded lik om-rice, a joining of the word omlete and rice. It was like a very thin omlete wrapped around some kind of brown rice, with a tangy bbq-like sauce, it was kinda gross.

As to what you were saying about breakfast food, I think things like pancakes and cereal are just good, energy packed light foods which work well early at the beginning of your day, and eggs and bacon are psychological comfort foods. But yeah, generally you are right, although some foods may give people digestive problems. Yes it is true that your body works 24/7, but at night it is in a dormant resting stage i believe, so first thing in the morning eating a chunk of last nights lasagna might not be the best way to fuel up for the day.

My beef was always coffee. I can't stand that stuff, way too bitter. Why is it ok to drink coffee in the morning with all the sugar most people use, but drinking a nice cold coke is so wrong? I know this is not the case down south in coke's birthplace where it is more acceptable, but generally when i order a diet coke for breakfast I get odd looks more times than not.

Chinese eat nasty @ss dimsum, sometimes a fried egg. In korea I had something that sounded lik om-rice, a joining of the word omlete and rice. It was like a very thin omlete wrapped around some kind of brown rice, with a tangy bbq-like sauce, it was kinda gross.

As to what you were saying about breakfast food, I think things like pancakes and cereal are just good, energy packed light foods which work well early at the beginning of your day, and eggs and bacon are psychological comfort foods. But yeah, generally you are right, although some foods may give people digestive problems. Yes it is true that your body works 24/7, but at night it is in a dormant resting stage i believe, so first thing in the morning eating a chunk of last nights lasagna might not be the best way to fuel up for the day.

My beef was always coffee. I can't stand that stuff, way too bitter. Why is it ok to drink coffee in the morning with all the sugar most people use, but drinking a nice cold coke is so wrong? I know this is not the case down south in coke's birthplace where it is more acceptable, but generally when i order a diet coke for breakfast I get odd looks more times than not.

...I can't beleive it! :P

look, it is the joebabyny post-monitor, lol.

Did Max set up a special feature for you that automatically lets you know whenever i post so you can keep up, you even follow me into the tech forum with the geeks, haha.

...must be the same glitch you were hit with.....plus, I can't pass up a chance to insult you. I am Garb afterall.

I've never been to the tech forum and I never will. That stuff bores the living poop out of me.

...must be the same glitch you were hit with.....plus, I can't pass up a chance to insult you. I am Garb afterall.

nah, the last thing i do is hunt down your threads, especially in the lounge, your posts are not terribly entertaining

I've never been to the tech forum and I never will. That stuff bores the living poop out of me.

ah, is that gooey substance on your face egg (or something more sinister??) In addition to the fact that you have made numerous mentions of my posts in the tech forum we have this

Garb in the tech forum

but nice try garbo;)

nah, the last thing i do is hunt down your threads, especially in the lounge, your posts are not terribly entertaining

ah, is that gooey substance on your face egg (or something more sinister??) In addition to the fact that you have made numerous mentions of my posts in the tech forum we have this

Garb in the tech forum

but nice try garbo;)

Hahahaahaha....yes, I have no sense of humor. My posts suck.

Ooops - look at all the egg on my face....I have posted in the geek forum once? I have mentioned the tech forum - in my not so terribly entertaining posts - three times maybe? Four? I dunno....I don't keep count, but it appears you do.

Hey - serious for a moment, (and a tech question at that! You and Max do this alot) how do you underline a word and then make it link to something?

If you are ever in Mexico you can try and eat this.

y1pF_nb6YDw-crfD8wr7g7BFFZhrgkcWYLnV-

Eat this badboy 15 Minutes and it's free!

The sandwich has 14 eggs, bacon, sausage, steak, ham,

chicken, three sliced hot dogs all piled on top of a loaf of bread.

CUADRILATERO.jpg

so after you finish it, do they mail the refund check to your next of kin?

she may be quite the retortist, but all i usually hear is whahwhahwhahwhahwhah, like the adults from the peanuts cartoons

come on now,, Garb adds something to the JN mix that makes it JN,,

you would be lost without her..:P

now back to food

Archived