Another Option For Us at Corner

MiamiJet

There's been a lot of talk about Terry Bradway's plans or options to upgrade the OL and DB positions. Given Adrian Jones inexperience and Donnie Abraham's talk of retirement, it would be wise for the FO to bring in an experienced vet for either position.

Options for the OL will not be hard to come by. With the Cards-Bills deal for Shelton/Henry falling apart, Green will most likely cut Shelton. There are more optins available, as far as the OL is concerned, but not as many when it comes to the corner back spot.

Until now.

No, I am not talking about RW McQuarters, but someone whom Herm loves, someone whom Herm has worked with, and someone who just might be available come June 1st.

Ronde Barber.

According to this blurb I found in Profootballweekly.com, it reiterates the rumors that have come out of Tampa. Barber wants to get paid and Tampa has Brian Kelly to worry about.

I bet Herm and Terry have been watching this closely.

What do you guys think about this?

Anyway, enough of me, here's the article.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PF...m?mode=nfcsouth

Buccaneers face a touchy situation with Barber

Ronde Barber is a very underrated player.

Signing him would bolster our D for sure, but it would definetly stunt the growth of Justin Miller #-o[-X:x

Barber would be a very nice pick-up.

I disagree that he would stunt Miller's growth.

When Miller is ready to play, he will play.

Barber would be a very nice pick-up.

I disagree that he would stunt Miller's growth.

When Miller is ready to play, he will play.

How the heck is J.Miller gonna start in the next 2 years if we sign Barber, and keep Barrett at cornerback.

Miller would be SOL and a great talent might never see the light of day in a Jets uniform.

How the heck is J.Miller gonna start in the next 2 years if we sign Barber, and keep Barrett at cornerback.

Miller would be SOL and a great talent might never see the light of day in a Jets uniform.

With more and more teams using spread formations, getting Miller on the field would not be a problem.

The Pats, Rams, Titans, Texans and Colts often use mutiple widoeut formations, so having good, solid corners is a necessity.

With Detroit drafting Mike Williams and Oakland resigning Porter and trading for Randy Moss, we NEED Miller and Strait,and they could see extensive time, while giving us insurance.

I believe in the best player playing, regardless of draft selection or contract. We signed Tongue and Coleman stole his job. Same with Vilma. Leave it up to competition and may the best man win. It only helps our club.

Law

McQuarters

Barber

sh*t, I'd take either 1 of those 3 over Miller or Strait because it looks as if Strait is polished to be the nickel and Miller is a year or two away from starting...he needs to focus on returning first.

With all the teams going with multple formations trying to create mismatches it creates the need for cover guys I do not think you can have enough quality people in the secondary.

You guys are missing something here. Barber said he wants to be paid. Meaning, he doesn't feel he's getting enough as it is and is expecting more. What makes you think the Jets are going to dish out that kind of money? Oh that's right, Herm is his former coach and he's just an all around good guy, I'm sure Barber will come play for nothing but Herm's BBQ every sunday after the game. :roll:

Here's a breakdown of his current contract.

2001 450000.00

2002 525000.00

2003 530000.00

2004 3250000.00

2005 3750000.00

2006 3500000.00

That's not so bad. I wonder how big of an upgrade he's looking for. Anyway, I don't think we need him, or Law for that matter. Strait, Miller, Mickens, Barrett, and a dozen safeties on this current roster. The D was better than average last year. F-it, go cheap and groom some depth from within. Corners are now expendable thanks to the rule changes.

Archived