Whats your favorite HBO series?

Sir Speez

Yup , The Sopranos was and still is my favorite. You feel so sad whwn an episode ends cause you know it will be 7 days till it's on again.

I got to rethinking my vote here and agree with you Thai - The Soprano's is the best. All the HBO stuff that I've seen is extemely well done but none of them have made me laugh like the Sop's. And it isn't like standard gag and joke humor but it's knowing the characters like family and laughing at their flaws. I mean, look at Christophers ill fated intervention attempt in season 4 - pant wetting stuff. And the characters are real - I've met those guys with different names and situations but those guys exist in real life. I hope HBO continues to put out this new age style entertainment. There are some other pretty good TV based shows, but the HBO stuff is in a class by itself.

Definitely the best: Sex In The City.

Six Feet Under was terrific. Sopranos used to be REAL good too....then they went to metaphor hell. Enough already. Mr. Chase!

Big Love is good. Entourage is amusing. Ari!

Taxi Cab Confessions was great late nite entertainment. I shake my head at how many completely messed-up people there are out there.

That show about hookers in Atlantic City - that was funny.....sad. I remember this one older prositute talking about the younger girls hooked on drugs....how she felt bad for 'em....but she can't help them, she's not "Captain Save a Ho." I just thought that line was hysterical.

I have never heard of this show, course we don't get HBO here.

Will definitely check it out.

Thanks,

d

Blockbuster it Doug. It's a very real and well scripted police drama about the drug trade and all the ancillary crime thats associated with it in the Baltimore projects. 5 stars.

Years ago... Sopranos.

Now... Deadwood but I am really considering dumping HBO and just renting them on Netflix when they come out.

Not worth $15 a month for 14 episodes a year.

BZ

HBO isn't worth the cost anymore. Without Sex In the City and soon no more Sopranos... who needs it. I'd rather buy Entourage on DVD when the season is over. That's the next best show going IMO.

:animal0026:

Blockbuster it Doug. It's a very real and well scripted police drama about the drug trade and all the ancillary crime thats associated with it in the Baltimore projects. 5 stars.

After reading the positive reviews in this forum and elsewhere online, I HAVE to have The Wire. Made it a mission and looked all over town yesterday for it. Seriously interrupted my Sat. aft pub crawl. No luck. Amazon Canada has it, so I'll have to wait a few days.

cheers,

d

the last 2 seasons of Sopranos sucked...Total waste of time.

Vito in the Leather at the wrong club "Its just a joke"...was a classic moment in Soprano history so there have been some moments over the last two season that have been worth it, and he Wire is incredible, and was Hearst (deadwood) not one of the meanest SOB's you have seen in a long time not sure if they are bringing Rome back though

Vito in the Leather at the wrong club "Its just a joke"...was a classic moment in Soprano history so there have been some moments over the last two season that have been worth it, and he Wire is incredible, and was Hearst (deadwood) not one of the meanest SOB's you have seen in a long time not sure if they are bringing Rome back though

Not for nothing....But Johnny Cakes was a disgrace to the Sopranos. A gay mobster...yes...riviting television!

Ill take the first 3 seasons anyday.

If you are talking about past stuff also,,

Series that started the whole 'adult'comedy,,

- Dream On,,,a freakin classic,, rent if you never saw..

also past greats

- Larry Sanders Show, ,take off on Johnny Carson,,hilariuous,, rent them

- Arli$$

- Tracey Takes On,,a adult 'love American Style'...

- Sex and the City

- Da Ali G,,Borats 1st appearance in USA

- Band of Brothers

- Six Feet Under

Currently my favorites are:

- Sopranos

- Curb Your Enthusiasm

- Big Love

- Extras,,,fantastic,,, Gervais manager is a classic doof

- Entourage

HBOs Dream On.... a groundbreaking TV show

Dream On (TV series)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dream On is a cult American adult situation comedy about Martin Tupper, a dreamer whose life is full of colourful characters. It ran for six seasons between 1990 and 1996.

The show dealt with themes centered around Martin Tupper's living in an apartment in New York City with his teenage son, and relating to his ex-wife, while trying to date other women and succeed as an editor for a small book publisher. The show was notable for its frequent use of clips from old movies to express Martin's inner life and feelings, which lent it much of its quirky appeal. The flashbacks of old film and television show scenes also had the immediate appeal, reminding viewers about the impact of TV on their consciousness. The show is primarily significant, however, for being one of the first American sitcoms (Showtime's "Brothers" and "Steambath" preceeded this show by several years) to use cursing and nudity, uncensored. This was possible because it was on a pay-cable channel, rather than free network TV.

It was created by Marta Kauffman and David Crane, and starred Brian Benben, Chris Demetral, Denny Dillon, Jeff Joseph, Wendie Malick, and Michael McKean. It first aired July 1990 on HBO, and was cancelled by HBO in March 1996. The show also aired for a season in prime time on the Fox Network; however, nudity and language had to be edited out. This bowdlerdized version was later made available in syndication. In Canada, it also aired in late night timeslots on CBC Television, and later on SexTV: The Channel and The Comedy Network. In New Zealand, the edited version screened on TV2, while the unedited version appeared on SKY_1

Seasons 1-2 are currently available on DVD; seasons 3-6 have not been released.

• 2 weeks later...

VOOD JU LIKE SOME OF MY COOGIES.....

Damn i just saw Diversity day of The Office, kudos to the guys that recommended that show it is hilarious...and the one where he sent out the email pic of him and his boss, or when he wanted to get a raise...tears just tears

Suspect David Chase shat himself when he realized his "Chinese patricidal maniac in hopsital for criminally insane pal of Junior Soprano" episode happened to be broadcast less than a week after the VT massacre.

Archived