No Deal for T.O.

Farm Implement

Good, like Brett Favre has said, honor your contract.

He is making PLENTY of money...who cares if he gets it later on in the deal because he is going to be playing that long. If he was so worried about being injuried for the rest of his career then he should've worked that out before this season, one injury that forced him out what? 6 weeks? shouldn't change your mind.

The Pats traded draft picks for their incompetent coach! :lol:

They haven't lost a home game since '02! Man! they suck! :lol:

They won the Division last year by just a measly four games! :P

Their D-line rotates the front seven, not really allowing anyone to really get into the flow of the game! That is a mean thing to do ! :roll: Who cares if these guys are fresh late into the fourth quarter?

picbowl.jpg

ESPN BOWLING NIGHT

TERRELL OWENS, DWYANE WADE, LAILA ALI, TONY GONZALEZ AND OTHERS TO LACE UP, HIT LANES STARTING APRIL 12

A total of 16 professional athletes, including players from the NBA, NFL and NHL, will trade their sneakers and cleats for bowling shoes when ESPN Bowling Night debuts Tuesday, April 12 at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN. Taped at Strike Miami in Florida, the competitive tournament will pit the athletes against each other for prize money totaling $80,000. The hour-long program was produced by ESPN Original Entertainment.

ESPN Radio's Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg (co-hosts of Mike & Mike in the Morning) will host ESPN Bowling Night with PBA champion Norm Duke. The elimination-style tournament will unfold over the course of six episodes (Tuesdays at 8 p.m.). In each of the first four episodes, four athletes will compete against each other by bowling two complete games. The highest scoring contestant from each of these shows will win $10,000 and advance to the fifth show. Those four bowlers will be joined by a wildcard player (contestant with the highest score who was eliminated in the first four shows). All five will compete in two games, with three bowlers earning $5,000 each and advancing to the finale. The winner will earn $20,000.

"Our goal is to make this event as competitive and authentic as possible," said Mike Antinoro, executive producer, EOE. "We hope this show will appeal to both the large audience that consistently tunes in to our PBA telecasts and to general sports fans interested in watching their favorite athletes compete."

ESPN Bowling Night roster:

Dave Mirra (BMX rider)

Bubba Franks (Green Bay Packers)

Cobi Jones (MLS L.A. Galaxy)

Terrell Owens (Philadelphia Eagles)

Willis McGahee (Buffalo Bills)

Ephraim Salaam (Jacksonville Jaguars)

Alana Beard (Washington Mystics)

Brandi Chastain (Gold Medal Olympic soccer player)

Damon Jones (Miami Heat)

Ashley Lelie (Denver Broncos)

Laila Ali (champion boxer)

Paul Mara (Phoenix Coyotes)

Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat)

Tony Gonzalez (Kansas City Chiefs)

Ruth Riley (Detroit Shock)

Roy Williams (Detroit Lions)

The Pats traded draft picks for their incompetent coach! :lol:

They haven't lost a home game since '02! Man! they suck! :lol:

They won the Division last year by just a measly four games! :P

Their D-line rotates the front seven, not really allowing anyone to really get into the flow of the game! That is a mean thing to do ! :roll: Who cares if these guys are fresh late into the fourth quarter?

I don't know how this post ended up in this thread.

Karma? :D

picbowl.jpg

ESPN BOWLING NIGHT

TERRELL OWENS, DWYANE WADE, LAILA ALI, TONY GONZALEZ AND OTHERS TO LACE UP, HIT LANES STARTING APRIL 12

A total of 16 professional athletes, including players from the NBA, NFL and NHL, will trade their sneakers and cleats for bowling shoes when ESPN Bowling Night debuts Tuesday, April 12 at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN. Taped at Strike Miami in Florida, the competitive tournament will pit the athletes against each other for prize money totaling $80,000. The hour-long program was produced by ESPN Original Entertainment.

ESPN Radio's Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg (co-hosts of Mike & Mike in the Morning) will host ESPN Bowling Night with PBA champion Norm Duke. The elimination-style tournament will unfold over the course of six episodes (Tuesdays at 8 p.m.). In each of the first four episodes, four athletes will compete against each other by bowling two complete games. The highest scoring contestant from each of these shows will win $10,000 and advance to the fifth show. Those four bowlers will be joined by a wildcard player (contestant with the highest score who was eliminated in the first four shows). All five will compete in two games, with three bowlers earning $5,000 each and advancing to the finale. The winner will earn $20,000.

"Our goal is to make this event as competitive and authentic as possible," said Mike Antinoro, executive producer, EOE. "We hope this show will appeal to both the large audience that consistently tunes in to our PBA telecasts and to general sports fans interested in watching their favorite athletes compete."

ESPN Bowling Night roster:

Dave Mirra (BMX rider)

Bubba Franks (Green Bay Packers)

Cobi Jones (MLS L.A. Galaxy)

Terrell Owens (Philadelphia Eagles)

Willis McGahee (Buffalo Bills)

Ephraim Salaam (Jacksonville Jaguars)

Alana Beard (Washington Mystics)

Brandi Chastain (Gold Medal Olympic soccer player)

Damon Jones (Miami Heat)

Ashley Lelie (Denver Broncos)

Laila Ali (champion boxer)

Paul Mara (Phoenix Coyotes)

Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat)

Tony Gonzalez (Kansas City Chiefs)

Ruth Riley (Detroit Shock)

Roy Williams (Detroit Lions)

Is this still going on?

Good, like Brett Favre has said, honor your contract.

He is making PLENTY of money...who cares if he gets it later on in the deal because he is going to be playing that long. If he was so worried about being injuried for the rest of his career then he should've worked that out before this season, one injury that forced him out what? 6 weeks? shouldn't change your mind.

Seems another QB has chimed in...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2058207

McNabb confident with or without T.O.

PHILADELPHIA -- Donovan McNabb is confident the Philadelphia Eagles can win the Super Bowl without Terrell Owens.

"I feel that if he plays or not, we definitely have a chance of making it to the Super Bowl and winning it," McNabb said Wednesday, one day after owner Jeffery Lurie said the team won't redo Owens' contract. "That's nothing against T.O. and it's nothing against anybody else. I just feel confident in the guys that we have. With T.O., I think we can do a lot of great things. Without him, I still think we can do a lot of good things."

Owens, the All-Pro wide receiver who helped the Eagles reach the Super Bowl last season, skipped a mandatory minicamp last month because he wants to renegotiate the seven-year deal worth almost $49 million he signed in March 2004.

Owens' new agent, Drew Rosenhaus, declined comment Wednesday. Rosenhaus also refused to say whether Owens plans to hold out of training camp, which starts in late July.

In his first season in Philadelphia after eight years with the San Francisco 49ers, the flashy Owens set team records with 14 touchdown receptions and seven 100-yard games, and finished with 77 catches for 1,200 yards.

He broke his leg and severely sprained his right ankle in Week 15 against Dallas, an injury that sidelined him until the Super Bowl. Owens had nine catches for 122 yards after defying his doctor's advice and playing in the Eagles' 24-21 loss to New England.

McNabb, who lobbied hard for the Eagles to acquire Owens, had his best season last year, throwing for 3,875 yards and 31 TDs while earning his fifth consecutive trip to the Pro Bowl.

"It was something that we all felt we could have benefited from; having a guy like T.O. over here to do a great job for us," said McNabb, who spoke to reporters after shooting a television commercial. "I think it will continue on. The sky is the limit of how far we can really go with having a guy like T.O., not only for me, but for this team. It's exciting to know what we're capable of doing when we're out on that field."

McNabb said he expects Owens to play for the Eagles this year.

"He has a contract," McNabb said. "There is desire to have more money and there is the desire to lose money. That would at least give you the motivation to get back out there on that field.

"When you sign your name on the dotted line, that's your deal, and that's a decision you have to make."

McNabb said his relationship with Owens isn't strained, though the teammates took verbal shots at each other in the offseason.

"I wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl," Owens told ESPN.com, a thinly veiled reference to the fact some Eagles players said McNabb was so ill in the fourth quarter against the Patriots that he couldn't call one play in the huddle.

McNabb has denied he was sick or tired in the game, and responded sternly to Owens' comments on the first day of minicamp.

"Just keep my name out of your mouth," McNabb said. "Don't try to throw names or guys under the bus to better yourself. You never heard me say any names in any situation. You never heard me talk about any given players. I'm the guy to be professional and be a man about things."

his true colors always come out in the end. So glad he did not come here as this was just one of the reasons why I did not want him. Winning means nothing to him

I think he likes to win if- and a big IF-attention and praise are part of the package.

Gotta stroke that ego! That also means top pay

for his position on a yearly basis. A high maintenance dude.

Archived