ACELINO FREITAS VS. JUAN DIAZ April 28th

vinnys025

Acelino Freitas (38-1, 32 KOs) from Bahia, Brazil, is an elusive boxer with devastating knockout power. No stranger to big fights, this former super featherweight champ captured his lightweight title by defeating Zahir Raheem in the April 2006 edition of BOXING AFTER DARK. Still hungry for more, Freitas hopes to unify the splintered lightweight crown in what should be a dramatic showdown.

At just 23 years old, Houston's Juan Diaz (31-0, 15 KOs) has used his aggressive, straight-ahead style to compile an impressive undefeated record, with all but one of his 31 pro wins coming by knockout or unanimous decision. Having already defended his lightweight title six times, most recently defeating Fernando Angulo by unanimous decision, the personable Diaz now looks to take a huge step forward in his pursuit of the undisputed lightweight crown in this scheduled 12-round title unification bout.

Acelino Freitas (38-1, 32 KOs) from Bahia, Brazil, is an elusive boxer with devastating knockout power. No stranger to big fights, this former super featherweight champ captured his lightweight title by defeating Zahir Raheem in the April 2006 edition of BOXING AFTER DARK. Still hungry for more, Freitas hopes to unify the splintered lightweight crown in what should be a dramatic showdown.

At just 23 years old, Houston's Juan Diaz (31-0, 15 KOs) has used his aggressive, straight-ahead style to compile an impressive undefeated record, with all but one of his 31 pro wins coming by knockout or unanimous decision. Having already defended his lightweight title six times, most recently defeating Fernando Angulo by unanimous decision, the personable Diaz now looks to take a huge step forward in his pursuit of the undisputed lightweight crown in this scheduled 12-round title unification bout.

Aren't those Cheech and Chong's real names?

Okay, when's this fight? I will post it because you are one passionate dude. If you don't bet it, I am flying down there, and you owe me a steak dinner. This will include dessert and at least two drinks. You can spend the dinner educating me on every light feather middle cruiser weight, and I will pretend to listen.

Do not take this lightly. I travel weekly for my real job. Texas is a very real possibility.

Aren't those Cheech and Chong's real names?

Okay, when's this fight? I will post it because you are one passionate dude. If you don't bet it, I am flying down there, and you owe me a steak dinner. This will include dessert and at least two drinks. You can spend the dinner educating me on every light feather middle cruiser weight, and I will pretend to listen.

Do not take this lightly. I travel weekly for my real job. Texas is a very real possibility.

The date of the fight is in the title of the thread. Don't worry, I'm betting on it if you post it already. Max said I don't give him enough time before the fight, so this time I'm giving you guys 2 weeks notice so there are no excuses. I have no problem educating you on boxing or MMA, its a passion of mine, I just love fighting, but not as much as the Jets.

Freitas vs Corrales was good fight in case you never watched it and Freitas vs Jorge Barrios was an instant classic and a must watch for all boxing fans.

The date of the fight is in the title of the thread. Don't worry, I'm betting on it if you post it already. Max said I don't give him enough time before the fight, so this time I'm giving you guys 2 weeks notice so there are no excuses. I have no problem educating you on boxing or MMA, its a passion of mine, I just love fighting, but not as much as the Jets.

Freitas vs Corrales was good fight in case you never watched it and Freitas vs Jorge Barrios was an instant classic and a must watch for all boxing fans.

It's up. Let's see some action.

Archived