Better SS-3B combo?

Blackout

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You do realize that in a year that Arod was basically booed in every AB and considered a complete and utter failure he still had a better year than wright ever has right?

The lack of perspective Yankee fans have is not up for debate here. Some of the greatest athletes ever have been booed in NY at one time or another.

As for your 2nd statement, David Wright had more big hits in the '06 postseason (which was really quite terrible for Wright) than A-Rod has ever had in his career in the postseason.

The lack of perspective Yankee fans have is not up for debate here. Some of the greatest athletes ever have been booed in NY at one time or another.

As for your 2nd statement, David Wright had more big hits in the '06 postseason (which was really quite terrible for Wright) than A-Rod has ever had in his career in the postseason.

It's not just yankee fans. Met fans rode Beltran and Piazza too.

Lets take a look at their career post season stats.

David Wright:

216/310/378

Arod:

280/362/485

Wright is a very good young player but when you start comparing him to first ballot hall of famers thats where you run into problems.

It all depends what you are looking for.

As far as an all round combo-batting/defense/speed, Wright and Reyes are the most rounded.

Most talent probably resides in Cabrera and Ramirez.

The pair, if you needed a combo TODAY and are looking for leadership (well, minus A-rod) and savvy, then Jeter and A-Rod are the choice.

They have had the most opportunity (years), also.

Cabrera has had more success in playoffs than A-Rod. Cabrera had great production and his teams are unbeaten in playoff series

He really didn't have great production in the 03 playoffs.

265/315/471

But all that really shows is that those numbers are an insanely small sample size and don't mean much.

He really didn't have great production in the 03 playoffs.

265/315/471

But all that really shows is that those numbers are an insanely small sample size and don't mean much.

He was 20 years old and had a terrific NLCS.

I agree, the sample size is relatively small, and that was my original point, as it is for Wright and Reyes also.

He was 20 years old and had a terrific NLCS.

I agree, the sample size is relatively small, and that was my original point, as it is for Wright and Reyes also.

I'm not the one who brought up those playoff stats. They are a pretty useless way of trying to evaluate players. You said he's had more playoff success than arod which isn't true and an awful way to compare the 2 players.

I'm not the one who brought up those playoff stats. They are a pretty useless way of trying to evaluate players. You said he's had more playoff success than arod which isn't true and an awful way to compare the 2 players.

Neither was it me.

The fact remains, Cabreera has helped his team win a championship, in his only shot.

A-Rod, in his numerous opportunities, has not contributed to an overall winner. That can not be denied.

Neither was it me.

The fact remains, Cabreera has helped his team win a championship, in his only shot.

A-Rod, in his numerous opportunities, has not contributed to an overall winner. That can not be denied.

Thats meaningless. Thats TEAM success not individual success. You really have a hard time telling the difference between the 2.

Thats meaningless. Thats TEAM success not individual success. You really have a hard time telling the difference between the 2.

Players contribute to the overall success.

Some players seem to always be a part of winning teams, and others don't.

They are called intangibles, and can't be measured in your diety of a stat world.

i know it pains you to hear that.

Players contribute to the overall success.

Some players seem to always be a part of winning teams, and others don't.

They are called intangibles, and can't be measured in your diety of a stat world.

i know it pains you to hear that.

LOL @ that copout. Give me a friggin break Mr 1940's baseball knowledge.

And, you confuse baseball knowledge with knowing baseball numbers.

Sorry, rookie.

You're the one who confuses antiquated wives tails with real information. Thats why you think RBI's is an important predictive stat or that Wins mean anything for pitchers.

You're the one who confuses antiquated wives tails with real information. Thats why you think RBI's is an important predictive stat or that Wins mean anything for pitchers.

Why you want to put words in my mouth, I don't know.

But, if it makes you feel better and more "all knowing" so be it.

Mike, someday, you may respect others opinions and thoughts.

Maybe.

Since my "intangible" remark is such a "wives tail", why don't you de-bunk it?

Why you want to put words in my mouth, I don't know.

But, if it makes you feel better and more "all knowing" so be it.

Mike, someday, you may respect others opinions and thoughts.

Maybe.

Since my "intangible" remark is such a "wives tail", why don't you de-bunk it?

I do respect others opinions if they know what they are talking about. The problem is that you have no idea what you're talking about.

So this kid has one playoff better than a-rod and he is a better player than he is? A-rod is like peyton manning gets too much credit when then win and gets too much blame when they lose. A-rod is one of the best players in baseball today and will have many records when he is done. Don't let the fact that you dislike him bias your opinion. I don't like him and I can still recognize he is a great baseball player.

look at the whole picture,,

of the 3 combos, where do they rank as far as speed and as far as defense?

Lets play charades...who am I?

LOL...speed? Speed you idiot? Hahaha...don't you realize what a meaningless skill that is? It's a scientifically proven fact that it makes no difference if you have Carl Crawford on first base or Matt LeCroy. ITS ALL THE SAME. Defense? God you're even more stupid then I thought. Listen grandpa....it's all about what Billy Beane says and he says that range factor can't make up for the number of runs a player produces offensively...LOL..hahah...old man. You guys are so stupid. Don't you dare say I have no repsect for any of you retards. I have respect but only for smart people. If you were smart than I would respect you.

okay, who wants to guess first?

LOL...speed? Speed you idiot? Hahaha...don't you realize what a meaningless skill that is? It's a scientifically proven fact that it makes no difference if you have Carl Crawford on first base or Matt LeCroy. ITS ALL THE SAME. Defense? God you're even more stupid then I thought. Listen grandpa....it's all about what Billy Beane says and he says that range factor can't make up for the number of runs a player produces offensively...LOL..hahah...old man. You guys are so stupid. Don't you dare say I have no repsect for any of you retards. I have respect but only for smart people. If you were smart than I would respect you.

Yikes,, what did I do?

OOOOOh, OOOOH, can I play?

I do respect others opinions if they know what they are talking about. The problem is that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Dear Mike,

I will understand your relative inexperience, and general naivete in watching sports and analyzing sports.

When I was a teen and in my early 20's, I too thought that I knew everything as it relates to sports, and my own ideas in the world. To make you feel better, many people are in the similar mindset at that age. You feel all grown up, and what to express yourself and flex your independence.

Unfortunately, the basis of knowledge is not there as it should be, to help guide mature decisions and opinions.

I was in that same boat. So in that aspect we are alike. I was mistaken in my thoughts back then. The world has a way of helping guide you, and believe it or not, you will look back and thank us for the guidance.

Future Mike, I accept your apology, 10 years before it is laid at our feet.

Thanks.

Dear Mike,

I will understand your relative inexperience, and general naivete in watching sports and analyzing sports.

When I was a teen and in my early 20's, I too thought that I knew everything as it relates to sports, and my own ideas in the world. To make you feel better, many people are in the similar mindset at that age. You feel all grown up, and what to express yourself and flex your independence.

Unfortunately, the basis of knowledge is not there as it should be, to help guide mature decisions and opinions.

I was in that same boat. So in that aspect we are alike. I was mistaken in my thoughts back then. The world has a way of helping guide you, and believe it or not, you will look back and thank us for the guidance.

Future Mike, I accept your apology, 10 years before it is laid at our feet.

Thanks.

Man you are really a condescending person who keeps attacking me personally instead of arguing based on facts. (which you can't win)

Archived