jets depth chart review: WIDE-OUTS

timbok

New York Jets depth chart review: Wide recievers

The Jets,have a very solid recieveing core.. they have a great 1-2 punch with Jericho Cotchery and L.Coles.

They have a good backup supply as well with veterens Justin Mccairens and Tim Dwight,and last years rookie phenom Brad Smith who hit it up from all positions.

Now here is a question..... if D.Jarrett is available at the jets first round pick..would they select him?

That would set-up for a much greater core..

Now with the Jets shopping McCairens,I hope they can exchange him for another WR...

Heres the top wide-outs list.

1.Jericho Cotchery : He proved himself last year with very impressive numbers,and with Pennington fully back and healthy I expect big numbers from him.

2.L.Coles : Coles is still a very talented player,he had a very good year last year with over a thousand recieveing yards,I expect him to repeat these numbers and be open more with Cotchery as a big threat.

3.Justin McCairens : I hope they keep him,hes a good player,maybe not in his prime anymore but his few catches helped last year.

4. Tim Dwight & Brad Smith : These two very good,with Dwight entering the twilight of his carear and Smith entering the daylight this is a good goodbye (Dwight) and hello (Smith) exchange.

I rate our WR core in the top 10.

In the AFC east were number 1 by far..

done by timbok

while i think the Jets have a very nice duo in Cotchery and Coles, I think the depth at the position leaves a lot to be desired. B.Smith is a nice versatile guy, but Im not sure how I feel about him as a pure wr. Beyond that I dont think anyone else is worth mentioning. Mcariens is being shopped around, and I doubt hes on the team regardless if there are any takers. It wont surprise me to see the Jets draft a wr in the upcoming draft given the talent at the position this year, I dont however feel they will take one in the 1st round, and maybe even not on day 1

New York Jets depth chart review: Wide recievers

The Jets,have a very solid recieveing core.. they have a great 1-2 punch with Jericho Cotchery and L.Coles.

They have a good backup supply as well with veterens Justin Mccairens and Tim Dwight,and last years rookie phenom Brad Smith who hit it up from all positions.

Now here is a question..... if D.Jarrett is available at the jets first round pick..would they select him?

That would set-up for a much greater core..

Now with the Jets shopping McCairens,I hope they can exchange him for another WR...

Heres the top wide-outs list.

1.Jericho Cotchery : He proved himself last year with very impressive numbers,and with Pennington fully back and healthy I expect big numbers from him.

2.L.Coles : Coles is still a very talented player,he had a very good year last year with over a thousand recieveing yards,I expect him to repeat these numbers and be open more with Cotchery as a big threat.

3.Justin McCairens : I hope they keep him,hes a good player,maybe not in his prime anymore but his few catches helped last year.

4. Tim Dwight & Brad Smith : These two very good,with Dwight entering the twilight of his carear and Smith entering the daylight this is a good goodbye (Dwight) and hello (Smith) exchange.

I rate our WR core in the top 10.

In the AFC east were number 1 by far..

done by timbok

said in william shatner voice: over sized font, makes me not want to read this post!

After we get an O lineman and a cornerback I wouldn't mind a receiver. Someone like Johnny Lee Higgins, Paul Williams, Chansi Stuckey, Jason Hill or David Clowney. Do you think one of them will drop to #89, our 4th pick?

Definetly, without a doubt, Jason Hill will be available, if so, I wouldn't mind that pick, but If Johnny Lee Higgins is there he is a must-take.

Archived