Video: Arod's Walkoff Homerun

Green Jets & Ham

Checkout the link titled "Arod's Walkoff HR", the one with the little camera next to it

They show it from every angle, but I love the way he knew it was gone off the bat, even to dead center, more than 400 feet away, he still knew it right off the bat, and I love the way he looks into the Yankee dugout to let his teammates know it too :thumbup:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Wonderful start for A-Rod..nice to see...blah blah blah....but I'll buy in to it when he does it in the post-season (which I believe he will do with his option to walk at the end of the season)

It looks like he knew when he swung the bat that it was all or nothing...

A-Rod finally puts an end to the critics BS... its so nice

No he actually doesnt...every one knows during the regular season is always in the top 3 in Baseball...the 'critics' issue with him is that he disappears in the POST SEASON where World Series Championships are won not Divisional Pennant Races.

No he actually doesnt...every one knows during the regular season is always in the top 3 in Baseball...the 'critics' issue with him is that he disappears in the POST SEASON where Championships are won not Divisional Pennants.

He will be fine... you can tell just in his demeanor he looks like a new man... he is more confident than ever and I think finally got over the stress of playing in NY where you get booed for the hell of it...

He will be fine... you can tell just in his demeanor he looks like a new man... he is more confident than ever and I think finally got over the stress of playing in NY where you get booed for the hell of it...

I agree I think someone whispered that old sports saying in his ear...Just Shut Up and Play...but again his legacy is goioing to be defined by his Post Season Flops unless he turns it around when it counts

I agree I think someone whispered that old sports saying in his ear...Just Shut Up and Play...but again his legacy is goioing to be defined by his Post Season Flops unless he turns it around when it counts

They used to say the same thing about Ted Williams who was like a career .350 hitter and a post season .250 hitter, but over time his Greatness could not be diminished by a few poor weeks in October, nor should it, it would be unfair to suggest Ted Williams was not an All-Time Great simply because a 100 AB's didn't match the other 20,000

In fact, Arod probably has better post season numbers than Williams in total

But that aside, I agree with ecurb, if the Yankees make the post season this year I have a feeling Arod will dominate .. he just looks like a man on a mission .. even in his MVP year with the Yankees a lot of his numbers were tac-on numbers and he was only so-so in the clutch, while this year he looks like a different guy, not at all tentative with the game on the line, like he wants to be THE MAN in a big spot .. he's chomping at the bit with the game on the line, you can see it in his body language, like I've never seen it before since he's been a Yankee, including his MVP season

That doesn't mean he'll deliver EVERY TIME, no-one can do that, not even Babe Ruth, but now he looks like he welcomes the opportunity to be THE MAN in a big spot

JMO Sir Speez

No he actually doesnt...every one knows during the regular season is always in the top 3 in Baseball...the 'critics' issue with him is that he disappears in the POST SEASON where World Series Championships are won not Divisional Pennant Races.

Rubbish. He's had two bad post seasons so some Yankee fans and the media have tried to hang a label on him. He's far and away the best player on the team and will dominate a post season before he's done.

Rubbish. He's had two bad post seasons so some Yankee fans and the media have tried to hang a label on him. He's far and away the best player on the team and will dominate a post season before he's done.

exactly... this wait and see BS is stupid... be a good fan and get 110% behind the guy for better or worse!

Couldn't agree more, GS .. but I will say he has looked tenative since he came to the Yankees .. it's hard to explain, but he hasn't looked aggressive in the batters box when the game is on the line, even during his MVP season .. he would take too many pitches, too many strikes he should massacre, and just didn't look aggressive in big spots

IMO that's the biggest difference this year .. he looks like he's foaming at the mouth in big spots, and if you throw him a fat pitch he's jumping out of his shoes

exactly... this wait and see BS is stupid... be a good fan and get 110% behind the guy for better or worse!

Uhmmm excuse me I have never said anything about not being loyal, the original statement you made was about ARod proving his critics wrong and I stated that his "CRITICS" are concerned with his postseaspn numbers, knowing admittedly that he is a regular season all star every year.

2004 ALDS NYY MIN W 4 19 3 8 3 0 1 3 2 1 .421 .476 .737 2 1 0 0 0

ALCS NYY BOS L 7 31 8 8 2 0 2 5 4 6 .258 .378 .516 0 0 0 0 2

2005 ALDS NYY LAA L 5 15 2 2 1 0 0 0 6 5 .133 .381 .200 1 1

2006 ALDS NYY DET L 4 14 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 4 .071 .071 .071 0 0

I think if Ted batted 251 lilke you said then he has ARod beat when it comes to his Yankee Tenure.

I am a loyal fan but there is no reason your perrenial MVP should ever be batting int he 8th slot during the post season.

Now like everyone else one can be optimistic seeing the new pep in his step, his agressive demeanor at the plate and so on and so on, but the greatest Yankees heroes are a result of their contributions to post season play...when is our best player for the last 3 years going to get his own cute name like Mr October, Mr November/Clutch.

The only reason he is not one of the most beloved Yankees is because of his post season play.

Oh and my Loyalty is to the Yankees as a Team...i didnt give a crap about ARod til he became a Yankee, so I support whats best for the Yankees first and foremost. Example Randy Johnson was a douche bag and i am glad he is gone but i rooted for him whle he was a Yankee.

JMO

Didn't everyone boo ARod because of his lack of "clutch hits"? Well, now he has two game winning homers in the first two weeks of the season and is proving to everyone why he is the best player in all of baseball. Yet, some people are still bitching. What the **** do you want him to do? If he hits 10 walk-offs this season and then struggles in the playoffs again, are you gonna run him out of town? Please do, so ARod can bring his "unclutchness" to Chicago.

Didn't everyone boo ARod because of his lack of "clutch hits"? Well, now he has two game winning homers in the first two weeks of the season and is proving to everyone why he is the best player in all of baseball. Yet, some people are still bitching. What the **** do you want him to do? If he hits 10 walk-offs this season and then struggles in the playoffs again, are you gonna run him out of town? Please do, so ARod can bring his "unclutchness" to Chicago.

You can't have him.

Uhmmm excuse me I have never said anything about not being loyal, the original statement you made was about ARod proving his critics wrong and I stated that his "CRITICS" are concerned with his postseaspn numbers, knowing admittedly that he is a regular season all star every year.

2004 ALDS NYY MIN W 4 19 3 8 3 0 1 3 2 1 .421 .476 .737 2 1 0 0 0

ALCS NYY BOS L 7 31 8 8 2 0 2 5 4 6 .258 .378 .516 0 0 0 0 2

2005 ALDS NYY LAA L 5 15 2 2 1 0 0 0 6 5 .133 .381 .200 1 1

2006 ALDS NYY DET L 4 14 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 4 .071 .071 .071 0 0

I think if Ted batted 251 lilke you said then he has ARod beat when it comes to his Yankee Tenure.

I am a loyal fan but there is no reason your perrenial MVP should ever be batting int he 8th slot during the post season.

Now like everyone else one can be optimistic seeing the new pep in his step, his agressive demeanor at the plate and so on and so on, but the greatest Yankees heroes are a result of their contributions to post season play...when is our best player for the last 3 years going to get his own cute name like Mr October, Mr November/Clutch.

The only reason he is not one of the most beloved Yankees is because of his post season play.

Oh and my Loyalty is to the Yankees as a Team...i didnt give a crap about ARod til he became a Yankee, so I support whats best for the Yankees first and foremost. Example Randy Johnson was a douche bag and i am glad he is gone but i rooted for him whle he was a Yankee.

JMO

ARod is the sole reason you weren't sent packing in the Twins series in 04. He also was leading the way to a RedSox sweep until like the ENTIRE team, his bat went dead.

Some Yanks fans must have a goat to blame their division series dismissals on.

ARod has had 2 bad post season series out of seven. They happen to everyone.

ARod is the sole reason you weren't sent packing in the Twins series in 04. He also was leading the way to a RedSox sweep until like the ENTIRE team, his bat went dead.

Some Yanks fans must have a goat to blame their division series dismissals on.

ARod has had 2 bad post season series out of seven. They happen to everyone.

Logic is lost on the people who need a reason to be angry.

Like almost every player in every sport except Football (no guaranteed contracts), players play their best in walk years, or "opt-out"years. A-Rod is no different.

But still, he is the best player in the game, bar none. It's not even close.

And you can bet that Bud Selig and the Commissioner's office is hoping A-Rod challenges 73 HRs this season, to take the attention away from Bonds and Hank Aaron's record.

Archived