lifting adivce needed

harris5214

is it better to run before or after you lift, ive usually been doing after but my dad said before is better to warm you up. i tried it a few times and had a bad workout.

Its better to run on a different day IMO, lift one day, run another day...

If you have to though I would run before hand...

is it better to run before or after you lift, ive usually been doing after but my dad said before is better to warm you up. i tried it a few times and had a bad workout.

Run after..it increases the blood flow to your muscles..which in turn will help you heal from being sore faster..and make you grow faster.

I've tried both. If lifting is your primary goal, I'd run after. It's tough to lift heavy when you are tired. Lately I've been jogging about 5-6 minutes on the treadmill and then lifting. It's good to warm up and I read some studies that it helps you burn more calories during your workout. That's important here because eating is the national pastime. I'll do my main cardio either after I lift or on a different day. (I'm only lifting 3 days a week now)

like a medium sized cut

I asked about you, not your steak!!

Drink a shake... wait 45 min or so musclemilk.jpg I love Muscle Milk... it has protein and good fats in it for muscle tone...

Run for like 10-15 min before hand just to get warmed up, dont wear yourself out

Lift

Run for another 15 min or so until your worn out...

eat a lot of protein and stay away from too much sugar/salt

im in shape and all i just wanna get more muscle.

you changed it!

I would stick to a good protein shake regarless... and if your already in good shape you should honestly run and lift either at different times of the day or on different days...

Good question. You should definetely do some cardio for about 10-15 min BEFORE you lift to get the heart rate up and the blood pumpin. You DON'T want to go out and run 5-10 miles and get yourself tired out. Ecurb is right about the protein shake after the workout. Protein is the bodys building material and you'll need and want it post workout. As you're lifting you are tearing down the muscles. On your rest days is when you are actually building muscles. This is why you should NOT lift every day. I do routine A (chest, shoulders, tries) on DAY 1, On DAY 2 I do routine B (legs, back, bi's ) On day # I do not lift at all. Then I do routine A on the 4th day and continue the cycle. Don't be afraid to vary the types of excersises you do to keep the interest up and to stop from getting bored. Good luck.

You will burn calories alot faster if you lift first and then do the cardio.

I started going to the gym again back in January and was told that and was able to drop 10 pounds, lifting for about 45 minutes and then do about 30 minutes of cardio.

Good question. You should definetely do some cardio for about 10-15 min BEFORE you lift to get the heart rate up and the blood pumpin. You DON'T want to go out and run 5-10 miles and get yourself tired out. Ecurb is right about the protein shake after the workout. Protein is the bodys building material and you'll need and want it post workout. As you're lifting you are tearing down the muscles. On your rest days is when you are actually building muscles. This is why you should NOT lift every day. I do routine A (chest, shoulders, tries) on DAY 1, On DAY 2 I do routine B (legs, back, bi's ) On day # I do not lift at all. Then I do routine A on the 4th day and continue the cycle. Don't be afraid to vary the types of excersises you do to keep the interest up and to stop from getting bored. Good luck.

bingo. gotta get the heart rate up before working out, but don't wanna wear yourself out beforehand.

due to time constraints I run 1st in the am & do a workout at home which doesn't involve heavy lifting. use the ball & light weights & focus on the core rather than bulking up. By no means is it ideal for me to run 1st but at my age it's more of a maintainence routine than a vigorous fitness/build muscle type a thing.

Archived