NBC released video

harris5214

what are your thoughts on NBC releasing the video they recieved in the mail from the VA Tech shooter. horrible idea, the shooter basically tells others to follow his footsteps and he says the Columbine shooters were the pioners of this school shooting.

I think this thread is gonna get locked.

yeah hophfully it wont turn political but this subject can effect us all in one way or another so i dont see why we would shy from it.

Maybe out of respect for Max and the site rules?

I just figured I would answer the why part..Very well,carry on

This thread can slide as long as it avoids name calling and politics.

That said I think it was a complete chicken ^&$# move by NBC. I heard someone say on TV or in the news that why on Earth should we give some POS like that air time? Some people work their whole life to get into a position to have their opinion heard, and none of them mowed down 32.

I didnt watch it. It just didnt appeal to me. i know the guy did a effed up thing, and was obviously deranged. i have no interest in hearing his fvcked up message. I similarly have zero interest in watching a jailhouse interview with Charles Manson or Son of Sam.

I suppose a media outlet will show it if they think people will watch it. Ratings.

I haven't watched this or read about it. I know it was released. And when I heard that it was upsetting. This frames it out in simple turns but it is the first thing I thought of.

When some drunken fool takes off his shirt and charges the field at a sporting event, they never give him air time. Why? To discourage such behavior going forward. This kid wanted the publicity. That request should have, in essence, been denied.

Archived