Another Yankee Youngster getting it done

AFJF

Yes I realize it's still very early in the season but I'd just like to mention how impressed I've been with Sean Henn out of the 'pen. This is a guy who in two previous call-ups looked like he just didn't belong on a baseball field. We all know that some guys come up and get roughed up but what this guy did was just embarassing. He couldn't throw a strike (11 BB to just 3 Ks in 11 innings) His ERA was over 11.00 and had a WHIP of 2.56. Keeping Henn on the roster out of spring training was the only move that really made me scratch my head and I figured he'd get two or three outings before Britton got the call or a move was made. Again, it's still early. The kid can still flop...but up to this point he's been great. He's tossed 10.2 innings and allowed just one run and one walk. He's not exactly Sandy Koufax ...but he is yet another Yankee farm hand who's being called upon to contribute and is doing quite well. Congrats to him.

The Yankee bullpen overall has been outstanding for the most part thus far. Aside from Vizciano's hiccup yesterday, the pen has been called on to do a lot lately, with all the injuries and rookie starters. Congrats to Henn on his first W of the season.

While he has a ways to go, Henn is showing that the Yankee system is a top shelf one. Over the past few years, Wang, Melky, Cano, Henn have all contributed, and there is more on the way.

Proctor was acquired in a trade with the Dodgers. So technically, while he has played for the Yankee Farm System, he is not an original.

Same would be with Rasner. Jartsens is from the System, but it is early still for him, as he does not have a defined role yet (5th starter??? Long man???).

Britton should be on the major league roster though.

Who do you drop to make room for Brittion? I think it's just a testament to how good their 'pen is right now. Too many arms, not enough slots. Although it's nice to know that if/when somebody falters theres a young, experienced, effective arm in AAA waiting for the call.

Who do you drop to make room for Brittion? I think it's just a testament to how good their 'pen is right now. Too many arms, not enough slots. Although it's nice to know that if/when somebody falters theres a young, experienced, effective arm in AAA waiting for the call.

Myers.

Archived