Some notes on Yankee Prospects

AFJF

Just a couple of quick blurbs about some Yankee minor leaguers

Solid outing last night in AAA for Ohlendorf going 6 innings and allowed 1 ER (got a ND as Villone was credited with a blown save) bringing his ERA to 3.60 in three starts.

SS/2B Alberto Gonzalez goes 2-4 with a 3B, SB, and 2 RBIs bringing his average to .289

Baseball America favorite Eric Duncan who was touted as one of the top prospects in the Yankees system continues to get overmatched. Last year he split time between AA and AAA (couldn't hit at either level) and is currently hitting .211 with 13 Ks in just 38 ABs.

The lesser knows Shelly Duncan is clubbing the ball with an OPS of 1.354 and a league leading slugging pct of .897

Despite one rough outing Phillip Hughes has a .94 WHIP and 17Ks to 4 BBs with a 3.94 ERA in three starts.

Steven Jackson (also acquired in the Randy Johnson trade) has had two starts and has been solid but nothing spectatacular (10 IP, 3.60 ERA, 1.60 WHIP, 9 Ks and just 2 walks)

Yes, all of these numbers have been in VERY limited action but I know that I for one plan on keeping an eye on these players throughout the season with all the talk about how the Yankees have strengthened their minor league system.

There are many more that you did not list. Watch Tabata, Pino, Curtis, Chamberlain, Clippard, Kennedy, Marquez, et al.

There are SEVERAL that I didn't list mbn...these were just some numbers I happened to be looking at and thought I'd throw a blurb about it on the forum. The ENTIRE AA pitching staff right now is literally unbelievable for any level of pro baseball. Five pitchers with ERAs of 0.00. Only one pithcer with an ERA over 4.00 and all the rest are sub 3.00.

Marquez, Horne and Whelan are the best prospects in trenton right now and of those 3 Whelan is the only very good one. Thats probably the worst team in the yankee system as far as prospects go. They did have something like a 50 or so inning scoreless streak last week though.

Archived