yanks were playing Possum by getting Igawa

afosomf

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hideki Okajima (LHP) has been stellar out of the Sox pen too. 6.2 IP in 6 games, 1.35 ERA, 8 Ks 1 BB.

this is not about Okinawa vs Igawa

it is about DiceK and Igawa

Hammer stated Janks made wise move on not paying for DiceK and settling

for wise investment in Igawa!!!!!!!!!!

this is not about Okinawa vs Igawa

it is about DiceK and Igawa

Hammer stated Janks made wise move on not paying for DiceK and settling

for wise investment in Igawa!!!!!!!!!!

Somehow I thought it was about the Yankees and the Red Sox...when did the change the format to base it in an individual level?

HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Igawa era 6.06 with 10 strikeouts in 3 games

DiceK era 2.70 with 24 strikeouts in 3 games

Hammer you get what you pay for!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went ahead and put the most important part of your post in bold

SS- I am not the one who made fun of DiceK signing, it was Hammer

so go back to sleep spiedi

I am a fucntional zombie til noon everyday, so at times i may be a little off in the mornings

How about we let them finish the season before making proclamations about who turned out to be the better pick-up. There is so much that could happen before the end of the season that could make it go either way. Dice-k could get hurt or choke in the playoffs. Dick-k could have the better season but not so much to say he was worth all the extra money. Igawa could be a red sock killer and dice-k could suck against the jankees. It is just too early to be making statements as to who is the better pitcher.

How about we let them finish the season before making proclamations about who turned out to be the better pick-up. There is so much that could happen before the end of the season that could make it go either way. Dice-k could get hurt or choke in the playoffs. Dick-k could have the better season but not so much to say he was worth all the extra money. Igawa could be a red sock killer and dice-k could suck against the jankees. It is just too early to be making statements as to who is the better pitcher.

you do not watch much baseball do you!!!!!

I went ahead and put the most important part of your post in bold

AFJ I assume you've seen both pitch and are not naive enough to take Ham's homer approach that the talent level is equal. As for price tag, we all know the Yanks bid would have been much higher had they expected the Sox to be such players for his service.

I like what Igawa has shown so far but we are talking a #5 starter compared to an Ace.

AFJ I assume you've seen both pitch and are not naive enough to take Ham's homer approach that the talent level is equal. As for price tag, we all know the Yanks bid would have been much higher had they expected the Sox to be such players for his service.

I like what Igawa has shown so far but we are talking a #5 starter compared to an Ace.

Abso-****ing-lutely not. Dice-K is an absolute STUD and he's the reason I picked the Sox to win the division this year. Although I think the Yanks have a shot to win it is well with far superior depth in the bullpen. I've said it before though..I expect Schilling to be dominant since his feelings were hurt over the Dice K contract and he's looking for a new deal of his own. I expect Beckett to be better by leaps and bounds this season. He's far better than what he showed last year. That top three makes them the team to beat IMO. Pitching wins championships folks. The Yanks have the far superior bullpen and the Sox have the better starting pitching. Honestly after seeing Bostons 'pen and line up this season I'd say the division is a toss up. I just can't pick a team with that bad of a 'pen to win it.

The point I was making in this thread (before afosomof ran off and changed the subject once he got owned) was that it's silly to compare an investment in two different players just three starts in to their careers. Dice K is better than Igawa now and he will be forever.

Southern sounded a lot more normal than you last year with this.

But whatever floats your boat...........:confused:

tock, tock, tock translates in to ...I just got owned and have no valid response. We'll just go ahead and call it the white flag from now on. I will anyway.

Abso-****ing-lutely not. Dice-K is an absolute STUD and he's the reason I picked the Sox to win the division this year. Although I think the Yanks have a shot to win it is well with far superior depth in the bullpen. I've said it before though..I expect Schilling to be dominant since his feelings were hurt over the Dice K contract and he's looking for a new deal of his own. I expect Beckett to be better by leaps and bounds this season. He's far better than what he showed last year. That top three makes them the team to beat IMO. Pitching wins championships folks. The Yanks have the far superior bullpen and the Sox have the better starting pitching. Honestly after seeing Bostons 'pen and line up this season I'd say the division is a toss up. I just can't pick a team with that bad of a 'pen to win it.

The point I was making in this thread (before afosomof ran off and changed the subject once he got owned) was that it's silly to compare an investment in two different players just three starts in to their careers. Dice K is better than Igawa now and he will be forever.

Ok more clear now. Thx.

is this more clear

tock....tock....tock...tock....tock....tock....tock!!!!!!

How can it not be? Everybody knows what a waving white flag means. It shouts "I quit, you've beaten me, please stop". I get ya.

you were wrong on the tick and will be wrong with the tock!!!!!!!!

Just adding exlamation points to your posts doesn't make them any less dumb. They both have all of 3 starts in their Major League Careers. The fact that you think that is enough to judge them by is truly comical.

Also, Igawa had a very bad first start. In his last 2, he's 1-0 with 11.1 IP, 4 ER, 8 hits, 8 K's, and 3 BB's and a 3.18 ERA. But then again, if you're coming to conclusions in April I guess reality doesn't matter to you anyway.

Just adding exlamation points to your posts doesn't make them any less dumb. They both have all of 3 starts in their Major League Careers. The fact that you think that is enough to judge them by is truly comical.

Also, Igawa had a very bad first start. In his last 2, he's 1-0 with 11.1 IP, 4 ER, 8 hits, 8 K's, and 3 BB's and a 3.18 ERA. But then again, if you're coming to conclusions in April I guess reality doesn't matter to you anyway.

Schooled once again....countdown to the waving of the white flag

Igawa= crap on a stick

dice k will be a stud pitcher for many years

and i hate the sux as much as janks

you don't know that yet. Igawa has had two decent starts and dice-k has only started 3 times. The sample size is just too small.

Archived