yanks were playing Possum by getting Igawa

afosomf

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are using the Madmike theory of Yankeetivity.

Anything with a Yankees logo on the hat is the bestever. Example: Philip Hughes. Has already had his mold for Canton and the Yankee Walk of Fame made.

Yank fans may be over-rating Hughes, but I don't think anyone is putting him in the Pro Football Hall of Fame just yet.

Yank fans may be over-rating Hughes, but I don't think anyone is putting him in the Pro Football Hall of Fame just yet.

Hughes is just that good, he is gonna get 25 wins a season and have a qb rating over 100 every year for the next 17 years.

Everyone who puts out a prospect list has hughes as the no 1 ranked pitcher? How exactly are yankee fans overrating him?

Rotoworld:

The Yankees have decided to start Jeff Karstens over Kei Igawa against the Red Sox on Saturday.

Interesting. Let's say Karstens is the better pitcher: we'd still take our chances with the pitcher the Red Sox have never seen before over the one they just lit up a week earlier. Igawa might go right back into the rotation next week, or he might find himself in Triple-A when Mike Mussina comes off the DL. Source: Hartford Courant

I guess all part of the "playing possum plan" Ham was talking about.

Well, if they do send him down to Triple-A, I would say that the Yanks probably agree with madmike at this time. How is that sample size going to change when he's pitching in the minors for the next month?

I think the point being made is that every single time a player that MadMike is in love with performs pooryl his preferred tactic is to complain about sample size. However, if it's a player he does not prefer he chooses to completely ignore it.

yanknotes.gif April 27, 2007 -- Say hello to baseball's most expensive long reliever.

When Joe Torre decided yesterday that Jeff Karstens will start tomorrow against the Red Sox instead of Kei Igawa, the $46 million investment landed in the Yankees' bullpen. And while Torre said he expects Igawa to rejoin the rotation at some point, it's not out of the question the Japanese left-hander's next move could be to the minor leagues.

"I thought Karstens had more control of the game the last time he pitched," Torre said. "Kei struggled the other night. His stuff was fine but he couldn't control it. This will give him time to work with Ron Guidry in the bullpen."

The fact Karstens gave up seven runs and nine hits in 41/3 innings last Saturday against the Red Sox speaks loudly about how bad Igawa was Monday night against the Devil Rays. In 41/3 innings, he gave up seven runs, eight hits and walked three. In four starts, Igawa is 1-1 with a 7.84 ERA. He has given up 24 hits and nine walks.

If Igawa remains out of the rotation, at some point it might be better for him to pitch regularly in the minor leagues than irregularly out of the pen. *

What is the "sucks" threshold?

Hughes must have crossed it right? He had a poor spring and got lit up.

Does hughes top out and 90 MPH with no command, no ability to throw his breaking ball for a strike and almost 6 walks per 9? Didn't think so...

Franseca feels that the Yanks will outbid everyone to get Clemens to help resolve their rotation issues.

Wang -Pettitte-Clemens-Moose will be a formidable play-off rotation if the Yanks get in.

I'd much rather go with what we have now than try to beg clemens to save our season. If cashamn makes a move it should be for a real 1B, a competent catcher and some depth that he dropped the ball on in the offseason.

They made bad moves, budget or not. And if they had such a budget how come they are tripping over themselves to give clemens 16 million for 3+ months.

According to Fortune Magazine, one baseball team lost money last year-The Yankees at 25 million.

If you don't think they were on a budget this last of-season, you weren't paying attention.

According to Fortune Magazine, one baseball team lost money last year-The Yankees at 25 million.

If you don't think they were on a budget this last of-season, you weren't paying attention.

Winning has and will always be more important than profit to this ownership. And even if they were on a budget they still made the wrong moves.

Winning has and will always be more important than profit to this ownership. And even if they were on a budget they still made the wrong moves.

Easy for someone like you to say when you don't have to cut the checks and pay for a new stadium near term.

Go ahead, prove to me they weren't budget conscience this off-season, since you feel you are always right.

There are no businesses in the world that are not concerned about what money goes out, and what comes in. If the Yankees did not care about profit, why wouldn't they share local broadcast revenue? It's only money, afterall.

Easy for someone like you to say when you don't have to cut the checks and pay for a new stadium near term.

Go ahead, prove to me they weren't budget conscience this off-season, since you feel you are always right.

There are no businesses in the world that are not concerned about what money goes out, and what comes in. If the Yankees did not care about profit, why wouldn't they share local broadcast revenue? It's only money, afterall.

They waisted 46 million on Igawa money that should've been spent better no matter if they are on a budget or not. And when they give Clemens 16 million that should blow your "insight" out of the water.

They waisted 46 million on Igawa money that should've been spent better no matter if they are on a budget or not. And when they give Clemens 16 million that should blow your "insight" out of the water.

I NEVER said the Yankees were above wasting money.

What I said was that they were on a budget in the offseason.

Offseason is over Mike. Or. are you going to try and argue that point , also.

I NEVER said the Yankees were above wasting money.

What I said was that they were on a budget in the offseason.

Offseason is over Mike. Or. are you going to try and argue that point , also.

So once again you start an argument for no reason. I made a comment about the off season and you bring up an issue that had NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. Am i not allowed to look back at the offseason and say if they made good moves or bad moves? My points are valid no matter if they are on a budget or not.

So once again you start an argument for no reason. I made a comment about the off season and you bring up an issue that had NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. Am i not allowed to look back at the offseason and say if they made good moves or bad moves? My points are valid no matter if they are on a budget or not.

I told you they had a budget in the offseason. To me, that kind of relates to off-season moves.

Archived