yanks were playing Possum by getting Igawa

afosomf

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Johnson and Sheffield have done what so far this year? nothing, maybe they traded them because they were overpaid and over the hill. Saying they made those moves strictly for budget concerns is a reach. If they did do it for budget concerns, these are the best budget moves ever made.

With the payroll they opened up, did they use it up?

When have the Yankees done that in the recent past?

With the payroll they opened up, did they use it up?

When have the Yankees done that in the recent past?

You're focusing on the wrong thing on purpose just to be an ass, the payroll the opened up was a secondary thing to getting rid of old people who bad attitudes who can't play anymore and building up the farm system. Sheff and Johnson not only sucked but were unfriendly and have big mouths. You wanted them to turn around and spend the money on who exactly? this past off season's free agent market sucked. You act like the yankees had were trading away good players to get under payroll when they is very far from the truth. Are you actually criticizing the Yanks for not over-spending on ****ty players? Give me a break.

You're focusing on the wrong thing on purpose just to be an ass, the payroll the opened up was a secondary thing to getting rid of old people who bad attitudes who can't play anymore and building up the farm system. Sheff and Johnson not only sucked but were unfriendly and have big mouths. You wanted them to turn around and spend the money on who exactly? this past off season's free agent market sucked. You act like the yankees had were trading away good players to get under payroll when they is very far from the truth. Are you actually criticizing the Yanks for not over-spending on ****ty players? Give me a break.

I am not criticizing teh yankees for anything. Saying they lowered their budget is not a criticism. They can do anything they want.

All I was doing was making an observation. If that bothers you, don't bother reading my opinion. It is a message board afterall, so i thought it was allowed. I guess it only makes me an ass.

I was wondering. Does anyone think that the signing of Igawa constitutes a shift in Yankee policy?

It's obvious they signed him for one reason. To go after the #1 pick in the draft.

I was wondering. Does anyone think that the signing of Igawa constitutes a shift in Yankee policy?

It's obvious they signed him for one reason. To go after the #1 pick in the draft.

After his effort against the SOX I figured there was a chance he had worked out his problems. Last night I realized what his problem is. He sucks.

Seriously, he has to be pinpoint perfect with location to get you a quality 6 inning effort.

He has no out pitch, no command and is way too prone to leaving balls up that are crushed. I think the Yanks looked at his K totals in Japan and did not really look at his stuff or lack of, in determining if his mediocre fastball could get batters out over here.

I am guilty as well in drafting his lame a$$ in a cash league figuring the Yankee offense would carry him to 12-15 wins.

I was wrong and unless he has something we have not seen, he is not capable of pitching in the majors and a far bigger bust than Hideki Irabu.

After his effort against the SOX I figured there was a chance he had worked out his problems. Last night I realized what his problem is. He sucks.

The Sox have a long history of making mediocre lefties look like MVP's.

Archived