Sign in to follow this  
Latinlawyer

Mets Just Raking Now

Braves are gonna destroy this guy Pelfrey tonight, I'm ready for Jorge Sosa to replace Pelfrey. That being said I see Mets taking Saturday and Sundays games.

Yeah and on Monday you called us deadweights.

No I said the team has alot of dead weight. Pelfrey, Newhan, Burgos, Sele and Easly don't belong in the show thats 1/5th of the team.

That's called a Major League depth chart.....all teams have bench players and young Pitchers who will struggle at times.

What you did say was,

"Nah can't hit walk to many hitters. Zero homers from the hot corner and first base. Valentin hitting under the interstate. Mets if they over achive 80-83 wins".

You're either a awful fan or just not intune to what a good Baseball team looks like.

Mets are not a good team yet. The Braves are a good team the Devils the Patriots the Pistons. Teams that contend every year. Mets are only as good as Jose Reyes can't win without the guy so is it truely a good team? As far as major league depth charts do you see the Yankees with a pitcher who's truely as brutal as Pelfrey is?

I'm sorry if you want to be concidered elite you need the talent and scouts. You can't tell me theres noone in AAA who's better then this guy if theres not maybe this GM isn't what people say.

You're lost if you question this Mets team and think Reyes is their only talent.

Fact: Hudson should beat Pelfrey.

Again, Pelfrey is here due to injury to Pedro and will take his lumps until he develops a 2nd pitch. We've seen Yankee 5th starter call-ups get bombed for years with the exception of Wang.

That's the way it is with prospects. Is Pelfrey going to be a stud? Who knows but it's too early to write him off.

The GM was brilliant in staying out of a bad SP free agent market. He bid on Dice K and that is the only guy I would have overpaid for as well.

When the team doesn't win a ring for the 22nd year or 21st whatever it is we will see how briliant he is. People came to see the Win tonight at shea instead they saw a big duffas with a fast ball as flat as paper. Look at Jorge Sosa's era in AAA. I did my homework all the Mets need is a 5th starter 10-12 wins. This guy can't win 5.

And who is the GM that acquired Sosa and sent him down to recapture his stuff he showed as a Brave?

So far i've been correct on every comment i've made. Braves win game 1 Mets next 2. Whats the problem? If you think i'm a idiot cause I want Sosa then prove me wrong lets see this over sized duffas get ahead of hitters. Lets see Pelfrey not walk people with no on two outs.

Can he not look like Paul Wilson for a start before calling me a idiot? Right now the only fools are you fans that went to the game to watch this clown. Best product was not sold to the Met fan tonight to me thats dirty business. And trust me I know about business.

Sounds like a personal thing against Pelfrey with the majority of your posts. We get it so change the CD.

Everyone knows Sosa was great in 05 so why did YOUR Braves let him go?

Calling the Mets a 80 win team "if things break right" and questioning Wright and Delgado's talent is stupid so you've been far from correct on your comments.

Are you smoking crack? The staff has been pretty decent so far....Ollie P. id doing well so far through three innings and the Mets are ahead 2-0. So far so good. Pelfrey was aiming the ball last night...2 of 3 would be great.

LL

He must be as the Mets lead the majors in ERA and lowered it through 7 innings today.

Oh yeah, with a win today we will move into 1st place. Not bad for a deadweight AAA laden roster.

Jermaine?

Nah Jermaine would never state that the Mets need to "overachieve" in order to win 80 games.

500ish isn't terrible. I for the last time will elaborate, I said mets are a 500 team, Mike Pelfrey belongs baggin' grocerys and a group of Newhan, Burgos, Pelfrey, Easly and Franco are deadweight. Now if I was Gimmeshelter i'd root hard for the Braves today cause if I ever nail down this Mets win 2/3 he's going to be had even worse by me.

All Mets fans would predict us taking 2 of 3 in EVERY series. Your .500 prediction for the season is the one which will show your lack of baseball knoweledge.

I'll give you that, if the Mets lost all 162 games it makes no difference to me passion fan wise. But the Met fan casual or not deserves a title every 20 years or so. This isn't the mid west here.

Says the Ranger fan. Why are you killing the Mets on a daily basis if you are a "casual" fan?

The league hit .294 against 4-7 Bradford.....Burgos in less innings had a comparable ERA and the league hit .200 against him. Again, we'll take our chances on a hard throwing reliever who is just 23. We saw Brian Bannister's September and if he did that in a Met uniform he would be on the agenda.

The Mets starting staff was fine. The team is just in one of those no answer for free falls.

Trying to place blame for it on a individual or specific unit is a natural reaction that I won't buy into on a season long basis unless the stats support it.

Multiple Mets seasons rebounded after the hitting coach change while Reyes is simply in a slump.

Stick to critiquing Torre.

Mets team ERA each month from April through September-

2.96, 3.73, 4.20, 4.50, 4.93, 5.16. Notice a trend? That's not a good or even fine starting

staff, or a good relief staff; that's a crappy pitching staff, period. And Omar did NOTHING to address it.

LOL...so the team ERA was acceptable until August and is still lower than the Yankees so please enlighten us on what YOU would have done in AUGUST post trade deadline to address?

Maybe we could have required Brian Bannister and his 7.30 September ERA to right the staff.

Lets also look at relievers available at the deadline.....Gagne, Linebrink??? How've they faired?

He could have had more foresight at the end of July and seen what most Mets fans already knew: that we had an aging starting rotation and a sub-par bullpen. The decline itself was all that was needed; he did not need to see the ERA balloon to over 5 to see this. Picking up Luis Castillo was nice, but he did not address our biggest needs.

Who was moved that we should have grabbed? David Wells? Clemens who has been awful?.....Most feel the problem is age of our staff......the pen?....Gagne, Linebrink?....Who? It's easy to try and ID a goat because it makes us feel better as fans but unless you have actual names that would have been the solution, I don't think you can blame Omar.

Really? There's another Clemens that was moved and this one has been awful? What a weird coincidence.

My point was should we have outbid the Yanks for his mediocre services.....but you knew that.

As usual, JonE is incorrect.

The Yankees resurgence coincided with the team (besides A-Rod) beginning to hit.

In fact, IIRC, Rocket joined the team when they were approximately 9 games out. It wasn't until a couple of weeks later that they fell to 14 1/2 back.

6-6 4.18. Best move ever, homer.

Thank You.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company