Mets Just Raking Now

Latinlawyer

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was Jer banned or just not posting much?

Jetcane he was banned here- I can not see how any so called Met fan could perceive this as a terrible team even if you are the most pessimistic person out there.

Jetcane he was banned here- I can not see how any so called Met fan could perceive this as a terrible team even if you are the most pessimistic person out there.

500ish isn't terrible. I for the last time will elaborate, I said mets are a 500 team, Mike Pelfrey belongs baggin' grocerys and a group of Newhan, Burgos, Pelfrey, Easly and Franco are deadweight. Now if I was Gimmeshelter i'd root hard for the Braves today cause if I ever nail down this Mets win 2/3 he's going to be had even worse by me.

500ish isn't terrible. I for the last time will elaborate, I said mets are a 500 team, Mike Pelfrey belongs baggin' grocerys and a group of Newhan, Burgos, Pelfrey, Easly and Franco are deadweight. Now if I was Gimmeshelter i'd root hard for the Braves today cause if I ever nail down this Mets win 2/3 he's going to be had even worse by me.

At least we agree on the Rangers success as in your avatar!

All Mets fans would predict us taking 2 of 3 in EVERY series. Your .500 prediction for the season is the one which will show your lack of baseball knoweledge.

500 Team like I said. Choked against the Braves again. Willie likes this Scoenweis guy alot doesn't he? Oh well another choke job due to being out coached nothing new for a 500 team.

It's April. We're not .500 now, and we will be well over .500 when all is said and done. The only question will be whether we win the division or the wild card. The Braves have been very impressive and will make this a great race this season. I wanted to win this rubber game badly, but you have to put it in perspective; a lot of baseball left in this season, including 13 more matchups with ATL.

It's April. We're not .500 now, and we will be well over .500 when all is said and done. The only question will be whether we win the division or the wild card. The Braves have been very impressive and will make this a great race this season. I wanted to win this rubber game badly, but you have to put it in perspective; a lot of baseball left in this season, including 13 more matchups with ATL.

Only thing the Mets are winning is a trip to the golf course like everyother year. Today is the fourth game I watched not impressed at all. Even a casual fan like me knows that Glavine can't go six innings constantly got owned again top six.

Then heres my favorite part this duffas brings in Schoenweis over Feliciano and not only does he allow him to walk Kelly Johnson, three run bomb, He allows him to give up another double. I'm convinced you can't be a big winner year in and year out with Willie he hasone playoff series win and it was against Grady Little.

I also owe a my fault to Gimmeshelter gave the Mets too much credit by giving them 2/3 still can't beat the Braves. Atleast We know that David Wright isn't as awful as he looks is he?

The Mets shot themselves in the foot today -- Green probably should have caught the ball and Valentine error was way to costly -- Too many games left and with Colorado and Washington next I see 5 of the next six as wins -- just IMO

LETS GO METS

I'll give you that, if the Mets lost all 162 games it makes no difference to me passion fan wise. But the Met fan casual or not deserves a title every 20 years or so. This isn't the mid west here.

Says the Ranger fan. Why are you killing the Mets on a daily basis if you are a "casual" fan?

Says the Ranger fan. Why are you killing the Mets on a daily basis if you are a "casual" fan?

Cause it's funny every year Mets are this great team then always choke. Got to laugh at a team like that. I'll come out i'm a Redsox fan that being said I know how it eats Yankee fans alive when Mets and Redsox both play better then them. But Mets never hold up their end can't even beat a small market Braves team.

I'm one of those Redsox fans that roots for the Mets even after 86. Reyes talent is being wasted on that team. He should play for us in five years.

Cause it's funny every year Mets are this great team then always choke. Got to laugh at a team like that. I'll come out i'm a Redsox fan that being said I know how it eats Yankee fans alive when Mets and Redsox both play better then them. But Mets never hold up their end can't even beat a small market Braves team.

I'm one of those Redsox fans that roots for the Mets even after 86. Reyes talent is being wasted on that team. He should play for us in five years.

I have to say it, this is all a little sad and pathetic.

You're a Red Sox fan??? And you criticize the Mets???

Guess 3rd place is better than the LCS....

Plus the Mets are built to be good for a long time-

Wright-Reyes-Beltran-Pelfrey-Milledge-Humber-Maine-Carlos Gomez-Joe Smith-Fernando Martinez- Jason Vargas.

So by my count, the Mets need a Catcher, First Base, Second Base (may be Anderson Hernandez) 1 starting pitcher and some relievers....

Built for the short term and long term.

Then heres my favorite part this duffas brings in Schoenweis over Feliciano and not only does he allow him to walk Kelly Johnson, three run bomb, He allows him to give up another double. I'm convinced you can't be a big winner year in and year out with Willie he hasone playoff series win and it was against Grady Little.

what's a duffas?

you guys had a jose reyes on your team, but you traded him for josh beckett and mike lowell

• 5 months later...
The mets hot hitting could not come at a better time. The Braves are in town. Here's to hoping the Mets sweep the Braves and show them who now owns the NL East.

Philly the team to beat...that is so laughable.

LL

LET'S GO METS!

God, the crow is just flying out of the kitchen today..:cheers:

Richard Neer- blaming it on Omar and ex Yankees. Typical.

Kinda hard not to blame Omar. The pitching staff sucks, and it hasn't been some great secret. If you're gonna depend on old guys, they're going to get hurt. Instead he got them Luis Castillo, and dealt away Brian Bannister for a bag of manure named Amborix Burgos.He let Chad Bradford, no superstar but a solid pen guy,walk. He resigned Mota (to a 2 year deal, no less)AFTER it was clear to anyone with eyes that his 2006 season

was almost certainly the result of steroids. They waited all season for Pedro, and they depended on El Duque(who is a great big-game pitcher, but always a hangnail away from the DL). One more thing-he fired Rick DOwn, Willie's best friend, and brings in RIcky to coach Reyes. Reys is hitting something like .216 in September, 5 steals, 4 caught. Greta move, Omar-undermine your manager, and fill your young superstar's head with silliness form the biggest flake in MLB history.

The league hit .294 against 4-7 Bradford.....Burgos in less innings had a comparable ERA and the league hit .200 against him. Again, we'll take our chances on a hard throwing reliever who is just 23. We saw Brian Bannister's September and if he did that in a Met uniform he would be on the agenda.

The Mets starting staff was fine. The team is just in one of those no answer for free falls.

Trying to place blame for it on a individual or specific unit is a natural reaction that I won't buy into on a season long basis unless the stats support it.

Multiple Mets seasons rebounded after the hitting coach change while Reyes is simply in a slump.

Stick to critiquing Torre.

Wow! I just HAD to see Who TF would bump a thread from April. A Phillies fan? NO ! A Skankee fan! How pathic. And you wonder why so many people hate the Skanks and their fans. :rl:

Shall I bump all the "Yankes Suck" threads from Mets and Sox fans?:roll:

Mets team ERA each month from April through September-

2.96, 3.73, 4.20, 4.50, 4.93, 5.16. Notice a trend? That's not a good or even fine starting

staff, or a good relief staff; that's a crappy pitching staff, period. And Omar did NOTHING to address it.

Mets team ERA each month from April through September-

2.96, 3.73, 4.20, 4.50, 4.93, 5.16. Notice a trend? That's not a good or even fine starting

staff, or a good relief staff; that's a crappy pitching staff, period. And Omar did NOTHING to address it.

LOL...so the team ERA was acceptable until August and is still lower than the Yankees so please enlighten us on what YOU would have done in AUGUST post trade deadline to address?

Maybe we could have required Brian Bannister and his 7.30 September ERA to right the staff.

Lets also look at relievers available at the deadline.....Gagne, Linebrink??? How've they faired?

LOL...so the team ERA was acceptable until August and is still lower than the Yankees so please enlighten us on what YOU would have done in AUGUST post trade deadline to address?

Maybe we could have required Brian Bannister and his 7.30 September ERA to right the staff.

Lets also look at relievers available at the deadline.....Gagne, Linebrink??? How've they faired?

He could have had more foresight at the end of July and seen what most Mets fans already knew: that we had an aging starting rotation and a sub-par bullpen. The decline itself was all that was needed; he did not need to see the ERA balloon to over 5 to see this. Picking up Luis Castillo was nice, but he did not address our biggest needs.

He could have had more foresight at the end of July and seen what most Mets fans already knew: that we had an aging starting rotation and a sub-par bullpen. The decline itself was all that was needed; he did not need to see the ERA balloon to over 5 to see this. Picking up Luis Castillo was nice, but he did not address our biggest needs.

Who was moved that we should have grabbed? David Wells? Clemens who has been awful?.....Most feel the problem is age of our staff......the pen?....Gagne, Linebrink?....Who? It's easy to try and ID a goat because it makes us feel better as fans but unless you have actual names that would have been the solution, I don't think you can blame Omar.

Archived