Official Yanks vs. Red Sox thread

AFJF

Nice job by Pettitte in the first. Ortiz and Manny have KILLED Pettitte throughout their careers so getting the DP from Manny was big. We'll see how long it takes Schilling to retaliate for Youkilis getting drilled. I think he goes after A-Rod to make a statement.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Singles by Cano and Cabrera to start the 3rd for the Yankees. Yankees have had several balls driven to the warning track.

And also, WTF is up with the Sox jerseys?

Yep...four of his first six retired batters hit the ball to the track...second and third with one out.

I said it the other day in a thread but I gotta' say it again. These Sox broadcasters are great IMO. They call it like it is and even just conceded that the ump called a ball on Jeter and a strike on the very same pitch saying that "the outside part of the plate is a guessing game right now"...99% of home team broadcasters would have just said "nice pitch on the black". These guys are great.

In Case Any Of You Didn't Notice.....

AROD IS A FUGGIN' BEAST

Well..he passes his first real test of the season with flying colors. On the road, in Fenway, against Schilling, in a close game...goes yard TWICE!!!!

I'm ready to back off just a bit on the A-Rod criticism...although it pisses me off that he (or any other damn player) always ups their level of play when there's a new contract negotiation coming up. Either way..I'm going to enjoy the moment. Great job by A-Rod.

Pettite pitching a decent game, he's just gotta focus in.

He's focused in just fine IMO. One bad pitch and just about everything else has been hit softly.

Archived