Clemens to Yanks wont die...from Newsday

AFJF

This would be a good pick up for the yanks, provided the addition of ANOTHER old vet doesn't blow up in their face. But can the yanks afford to make this move? Am I right in saying that if Clemens is getting $16M (or whatever it is) the yanks will end up paying this PLUS the extra $$$ for going further over the luxury tax?

I think the the yanks should stay away, deal with what they have (which is a helluva lot more than what most teams have!) and try to get a younger team out there that will be around for a while.

I'd love to have Rocket back for the 2nd half of the season and the playoffs but who would we give up for him? You can't give up Robinson Cano because he is the future at 2B for this franchise.

Shaun Henn maybe? He's not worth much but you can put in some other guys as well in the trade but I don't see a trade happening because I don't know who we could possibly give up, we've already wiped out most of our farm system in the Randy Johnson trade.

This would be a good pick up for the yanks, provided the addition of ANOTHER old vet doesn't blow up in their face. But can the yanks afford to make this move? Am I right in saying that if Clemens is getting $16M (or whatever it is) the yanks will end up paying this PLUS the extra $$$ for going further over the luxury tax?

I think the the yanks should stay away, deal with what they have (which is a helluva lot more than what most teams have!) and try to get a younger team out there that will be around for a while.

I would be very surprised if it happens. Yeah the Yankees could afford him. I think George has pretty much shown what he thinks of the luxury tax.

The problem is, what do the Yankees have to offer Houston ? This would be a PR disaster for the Astros.

The Astros are not this bad a team. They are missing two big bats. Bagwell (Hurt) Berkman (Hurt) Beltran (Mets). They still have the pitching and like the Yankees they are going to have to be patient and hope that guys like Berkman and Bagwell get healthy.

The Astros were a miserable team last year until Garner took over from Jimmy Williams. They ended up a game away from the World Series. If I were the Astros I wouldn't give up on the season just 35-40 games into it.

If it happens it will be because Clemens made it happen. He can be pretty persuasive when he wants to be.

They will tell the Astros trade me for a reasonable amount or else I will never do an Astros appearance when I am retired.

If it happens it will be because Clemens made it happen. He can be pretty persuasive when he wants to be.

They will tell the Astros trade me for a reasonable amount or else I will never do an Astros appearance when I am retired.

i saw clemens interviewed on espn a few days ago. he said he stays in touch with posada & jeter. but what was interesting was when asked about coming back to the yankees, he sounded very open to the idea. without flat saying he want to come back. if houston continues to struggle, this will happen.

Will I support him if he becomes a Yankee again? ABSOLUTELY

That being said, I hate his guts. Typical texas lying snake, I hope he has fun losing in houston. He can rot in houston for the rest of his life for all I care!

Archived