What is it Skank Fans? Good hitting or Poorr hitting?

PFSIKH

Good Hitting or Poor Pitching?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Good Hitting or Poor Pitching?

• Red Sox pitching sucks because they suck.
    • Red Sox pitching sucks because the Yankees can hit

Listen, you all need to come to a consensus about this weekend's series.

Was the Red Sox performance because the pitching staff sucks.

Or

The result of a deep and powerful line-up.

The axiom that you win with pitching still holds. The Yankees pitching was worse.

Could it be the same all year? Maybe. Maybe not.

Good point. Other then Wang, it is not like you have 3-4 potential Cy Young winners coming back. If Moose was 30 and not 38 and Pavano was able to pitch every 5 days as oppossed to every 5 months, the Yanks could write this series off. However, if they do not get any better they are in serious trouble unless they can consistently score 6 runs a game and they very well could.

Good point. Other then Wang, it is not like you have 3-4 potential Cy Young winners coming back. If Moose was 30 and not 38 and Pavano was able to pitch every 5 days as oppossed to every 5 months, the Yanks could write this series off. However, if they do not get any better they are in serious trouble unless they can consistently score 6 runs a game and they very well could.
Mussina would've been the best pitcher on Boston last year.

Pavano didn't pitch last december

Bottom line....

Yanks pitching other than Pettite was awful.

The bullpen couldn't hold a lead (Mo included) and throwing out the like of Kartsens, Wright, Vizcaino and the rest of the bullpen made the Sox look alot better than they really are.

No complaints though. The Yanks did the job in beating on Schilling, Beckett and Dice-K. The Sox did a better job though.

That could all change this weekend in the Bronx.

Uh no. He was better than Schilling and Beckett and nothing's changed. He'd be boston's no 2 starter.

Judging by your evaluation of the unmeasurable depth's of Yankee starting pitching, your opinion has zero value.

Moose and his 9.00 ERA would not even crack the Sox starting 5.

I think Wang had a fluke season. There is no way he can continue to have so much success without striking anyone out. If you allow the ball to be put in play 95% of the time, it is eventually going to bite you in the ass.

I am sure he is looking forward to the Yankees 13th out of 14 teams ranked fielding.

Good news though......Mientkiewicz leads the league in kick saves after digging Jeter's grounder that turned Ortiz' double play. I guess he rushed it to beat Big "Fleet 'o Feet" Papi.

Does it matter? They gave $100 million to a pitcher just so he could win games like this one, and he gives up 6 runs in 7 innings. If I was a Sawx fan I would be expecting more bang for my buck.

And yes, I realize he won. But he won't be facing Chase Wright the next time he pitches against the Yankees.

Does it matter? They gave $100 million to a pitcher just so he could win games like this one, and he gives up 6 runs in 7 innings. If I was a Sawx fan I would be expecting more bang for my buck.

And yes, I realize he won. But he won't be facing Chase Wright the next time he pitches against the Yankees.

LOL who will he be facing Igawa?

LOL @ HIS 9 ERA. Whats that over 6 innings? Great Argument.

Oppossed to your logic of selecting a guy that is on the DL was rocked in his one start versus a guy 12 years younger and 4-0.

Yeah, you are a sharp one.

Please, the BPS factor is a small % of the overall OPS. I can't believe you would even make such a statement.

pWNED.

you make that joke in every thread and it's retarded in every one. I get it. I'm an idiot because i think OPS is an important stat.

I and other people who understand the way baseball stats should be viewed, use OPS the way other people use BA, RBI's, Runs ect becuase it's a more much acctuare measure of how good a hitter that player is than those stats.

And you harp on me on sentence structure?

I and other people are laughing.

Archived