Sign in to follow this  
JetNation

Devil Rays send Yankees into last place

Yesterday I said the Yanks bullpen had been abysmal.

I would like to change that statement.

The Yanks bullpen right now is pathetic.

The last game against Cleveland, the three against Boston and two against Tampa Bay the bullpen is 0-6 is shutting the door. Only Arod game winner against Cleveland has kept it from being worse.

Yet clueless joe CONTINUES to pull starters early and rely on this bullpen that has been nothing but HORRIBLE all year.

If the bullpen keeps blowing games like this then he might have to extend his starters which in my mind would not be a bad thing considering the way he has abused the bullpen the last couple of seasons.

I can't blame him though for pulling Wang last night. He gave you 6+ in his first start back from injury. I would not have pushed it first time out either.

Pulling Pettite early on Friday I had a big problem with.

not that simple. the pitchers are not being used in the right situations.

There is no right situation right now. The bullpen is not getting ANYBODY out.

You can juggle and move guys around the pen all you want the bottom line is they all are pitching horribly.

No matter what the score of the games are or how the starters pitch it's up to the MANAGER to use the bullpen responsibility and not burn pitchers out. So according to you the many pitchers who have this pattern in many different years are ALL because of bad starting pitching? Thats a huge stretch.

Mike they are are 2 weeks into the season. The bullpen is hardly worn out. The problem is is that other than Henn they are walking the balllpark and giving up the big hit.

You can shuffle the bullpen all you want the results are going to be the same.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company