Devil Rays send Yankees into last place

JetNation

Mike, you can't PROVE that a bullpen has been mismanaged or not, all you can do is speculate,

It is entirely within teh realm of possibility that if Torre had a direct connection to you, and asked your opinion on every move, that those moves could have backfired too.

Again, as AFJ told you, it is impossible to prove a subjective opinion. I know you hate to hear that.

When you see pitchers pitching well, have a clear spike in innings and right after that start to preform much worse and that happens over and over again on the same team anyone will any common sense can see a pattern.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When you see pitchers pitching well, have a clear spike in innings and right after that start to preform much worse and that happens over and over again on the same team anyone will any common sense can see a pattern.

I really can't fathom what you were trying to communicate there. i don't think I want to, as it seemed to portend your "higher than thou" persona again.

I really can't fathom what you were trying to communicate there. i don't think I want to, as it seemed to portend your "higher than thou" persona again.
You can't understand what i wrote? It's happened A LOT of times that pitchers have come to the yankees or been yankees originally and have in a year or a part of a season, been pushed WAY beyond their previous innings figures which causes their performance level to decrease drastically over time. This happens because if a pitcher (usually a middle RP) starts pitching well at which time Torre starts overusing them. This has happened many times with many different pitchers. Good performance, than an innings spike than a big decline in performance.

Understand that? It's just common sense.

You can't understand what i wrote? It's happened A LOT of times that pitchers have come to the yankees or been yankees originally and have in a year or a part of a season, been pushed WAY beyond their previous innings figures which causes their performance level to decrease drastically over time. This happens because if a pitcher (usually a middle RP) starts pitching well, Torre overuses them. This has happened many times with many different pitchers. Good performance, than an innings spike than a big decline in performance.

Understand that? It's just common sense.

Maybe its not your bullpen, maybe your starting pitching can't take them deep enough.

2 sides to very coin.

Don't lay everything out to be black and white, just because it is your opinion.

not that simple. the pitchers are not being used in the right situations.

There is no right situation right now. The bullpen is not getting ANYBODY out.

You can juggle and move guys around the pen all you want the bottom line is they all are pitching horribly.

Maybe its not your bullpen, maybe your starting pitching can't take them deep enough.

2 sides to very coin.

Don't lay everything out to be black and white, just because it is your opinion.

It doesn't matter what the starters do. it's up to the manager to make sure that the bullpen doesn't get overworked to the point that they lose their effectiveness and torre does the opposite. This has happened year after year after year on teams with good and bad starting pitching alike.

There is no right situation right now. The bullpen is not getting ANYBODY out.

You can juggle and move guys around the pen all you want the bottom line is they all are pitching horribly.

Not true. There are certain guys who are pitching better than others or are better suited to different situations and torre has no concept of that.

Yeah, how the starters do has no consequence on how worked the bullpen is worked.

OK. Care to re-think that?

No matter what the score of the games are or how the starters pitch it's up to the MANAGER to use the bullpen responsibility and not burn pitchers out. So according to you the many pitchers who have this pattern in many different years are ALL because of bad starting pitching? Thats a huge stretch.

No matter what the score of the games are or how the starters pitch it's up to the MANAGER to use the bullpen responsibility and not burn pitchers out. So according to you the many pitchers who have this pattern in many different years are ALL because of bad starting pitching? Thats a huge stretch.

Mike they are are 2 weeks into the season. The bullpen is hardly worn out. The problem is is that other than Henn they are walking the balllpark and giving up the big hit.

You can shuffle the bullpen all you want the results are going to be the same.

Mike they are are 2 weeks into the season. The bullpen is hardly worn out. The problem is is that other than Henn they are walking the balllpark and giving up the big hit.

You can shuffle the bullpen all you want the results are going to be the same.

Through 19 games torre has made more bullpen moves than any manager in baseball history. They have been CLEARLY overworked.

it's really all MY fault-I told my wife if I watch they're gonna hit a grand slammer-they did we laughed and I changed the channel-it amazes me how watching the Yankees doesn't affect me like it used to-I used to CRY watching them when I was a kid...baseball now just doesn't do it for me like it used to

it's really all MY fault-I told my wife if I watch they're gonna hit a grand slammer-they did we laughed and I changed the channel-it amazes me how watching the Yankees doesn't affect me like it used to-I used to CRY watching them when I was a kid...baseball now just doesn't do it for me like it used to

Thats because you figured out that baseball was a business and not a kids game... Other sports dont lead you to believe they are only there to entertain you like baseball does.

Oh, and you discovered :strip1:

And maybe the steroids thing too...

Archived