6 Teams looking to move up to #2

SoFlaJets

Lions | Six teams looking to trade for No. 2 pick

Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:19:09 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports six teams are interested in trading for the No. 2 overall selection in the 2007 NFL Draft. The Detroit Lions currently hold the second pick in the draft.

Hmmmmmm wonder which ones-I say Tampa Bay is one of them

I honestly don't know why Tampa Bay would even consider this. They have barely any cap space and WAY too many needs elsewhere--especially on defense--to sacrifice much of this year's--and possibly next year's--draft on a wide receiver. How much difference is a receiver going to make if you have needs on the O-line and especially on the defensive side of the ball. Not to mention that they might be able to get Johnson at number 4 anyway, and if they move up to 2 they're going to have to cough up a lot more of their already thin cap space.

Washington doesn't make sense either but if they want to trade away all of next year's draft too, then they can go ahead. Denver's rumored trade of 3-4 picks--I think I read at SI.com that it was 1st, 2nd, 3rd this year and a 2nd-3rd next year--would be incredibly stupid. Calvin Johnson is good, but he's not the answer for most of these teams with a lot of needs.

I honestly don't know why Tampa Bay would even consider this. They have barely any cap space and WAY too many needs elsewhere--especially on defense--to sacrifice much of this year's--and possibly next year's--draft on a wide receiver. How much difference is a receiver going to make if you have needs on the O-line and especially on the defensive side of the ball. Not to mention that they might be able to get Johnson at number 4 anyway, and if they move up to 2 they're going to have to cough up a lot more of their already thin cap space.

Washington doesn't make sense either but if they want to trade away all of next year's draft too, then they can go ahead. Denver's rumored trade of 3-4 picks--I think I read at SI.com that it was 1st, 2nd, 3rd this year and a 2nd-3rd next year--would be incredibly stupid. Calvin Johnson is good, but he's not the answer for most of these teams with a lot of needs.

i agree with some of this, but how would it be a terrible trade for denver? they don't have a ton of needs and they would be moving from 21 to 2 for a couple 2nd round picks and a couple 3rd round picks.

Lions | Six teams looking to trade for No. 2 pick

Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:19:09 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports six teams are interested in trading for the No. 2 overall selection in the 2007 NFL Draft. The Detroit Lions currently hold the second pick in the draft.

Hmmmmmm wonder which ones-I say Tampa Bay is one of them

I still think we may be one.

Archived