***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT THREAD***

ShadowJet35

He's not that much better than Chris Houston and we wouldn't have had to trade up for him.

Chris Houston is there at #25 and he's just as good if not better than Revis. Good job guys!

SO which is it??

Almost as good

Just as good

Better

Your all over the map PN

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You claimed that Houston was just as good, if not better... thats what I called you out on...

If that was the case, they would have taken Houston at #14 instead...

Mangini knows more about DB's in general than you, and he also knows more about both of these guys than you... you can second guess all you want but as of now, its not a bad move.

Hey Mangini knows more about LB's than me too. So I guess that makes Anthony Schlegel the next Dick Butkus.

Chris Houston has performed excellent against alot better competition than Darrelle Revis. I'm not saying Revis will be a bust, but we had bigger needs and trading up for him like that has panic written all over it.

Houston shut down Bowe, Jarrett and Meachem and is the fastest corner in the draft. Tangini panicked because they thought no good corners were going to fall to #25.

How did Houston do vs Sidney Rice? Owned by Sidney Rice, exposed him.

Houston has no awareness with his back to the ball, no ball skills at all. Risky player.

Revis is a much safer pick, a much better player.

Hey Mangini knows more about LB's than me too. So I guess that makes Anthony Schlegel the next Dick Butkus.

Chris Houston has performed excellent against alot better competition than Darrelle Revis. I'm not saying Revis will be a bust, but we had bigger needs and trading up for him like that has panic written all over it.

What you're saying is, mangini made one mistake so every other move he makes is crap by default?

You claimed that Houston was just as good, if not better... thats what I called you out on...

If that was the case, they would have taken Houston at #14 instead...

Mangini knows more about DB's in general than you, and he also knows more about both of these guys than you... you can second guess all you want but as of now, its not a bad move.

Lose that argument. If he feels Houston was better he's entitled to an opinion even if he's not he coach or the GM.

I thought there would be a run on cb's also. I still think we should have waited in our original spot and not traded. Just my opinion. I think revis is going to be good, I just think that his talent isn't that far from Houstons.

Then why is Houston going in the second round and revis at 14 was a steal?

What you're saying is, mangini made one mistake so every other move he makes is crap by default?

First off he's made more than one mistake. Barlow, Kimo, drafting D'Brick #4 in a draft loaded with stud OT's, and now trading up when if he wanted a CB so bad he could have just sat and taken Chris Houston, an excellent CB prospect, at #25.

But hey, we beat the Raiders, Texans, Lions, Vikings and Titans (pre-Vince Young hot streak) last year so he's Mr. Infallible now. Who are you kidding? Dickie Kotite would have gone 8-8 with that schedule we had last year.

First off he's made more than one mistake. Barlow, Kimo, drafting D'Brick #4 in a draft loaded with stud OT's, and now trading up when if he wanted a CB so bad he could have just sat and taken Chris Houston, an excellent CB prospect, at #25.

But hey, we beat the Raiders, Texans, Lions, Vikings and Titans (pre-Vince Young hot streak) last year so he's Mr. Infallible now. Who are you kidding? Dickie Kotite would have gone 8-8 with that schedule we had last year.

How did Chris Houston do vs Sidney Rice?

Go have sex with Kellen Clemens. We both know Houston performed excellent against much tougher competition in the stacked SEC.

Let me answer the question.

Sidney Rice exposed Chris Houston. Tore his a## up over 120 yards receiving and a TD. He turned Chris Houston around time after time.

Houston is alot like Justin Miller in that he doesnt have ball skills. Doesnt track the ball in the air with his back to it.

Revis is a far better prospect. Shut the F##K up already.

I don't have a problem with the Revis pick, I just think we gave up too much and could of had Houston who is almost as good as Revis. And now the damn pats trade down and pick up more picks. I really hate them.

Where is this houston being almost as good as revis coming from? it's just not true.

To be honest I haven't seen either one play, but looking at the draft sites and stats, and competition I thought that Houston was pretty good, and Revis was just a little better. I am really glad that we didn't take Ross. I thought he had a one year wonder stick to him. And thank goodness we didn't take Olsen. A lot of guys are falling and I think we could of had better value keeping that other second round pick.

Archived