***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT THREAD***

ShadowJet35

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:deshade: pardon me son but ain't you a little young to be sayin stuff like that?

is that pic of you're kids current? they are too cute. i'm talkin hallmark card cute.

Yes I am too young and it's current-ish - Christmas time picture. I need to change it, actually. Thank you!

they have my eyes ;)

Mrs. Beans says hello and "call me". ;)

The whole "they need time to gel" argument has been way over-used. Give me talent. Talent that Clement and Moore simply do not have, and which Kendall is quickly losing due to age.

Obviously you didn't read my entire post. I said they will be a better unit. I didn't say they were going to be a great unit or even a very good unit. just better than last year. I also said they have weak links. I would love to see them replaced. I would love to draft one or more of the guys I mentioned to help with that. But it doesn't look like that may happen.

Obviously you didn't read my entire post. I said they will be a better unit. I didn't say they were going to be a great unit or even a very good unit. just better than last year. I also said they have weak links. I would love to see them replaced. I would love to draft one or more of the guys I mentioned to help with that. But it doesn't look like that may happen.

The only problem with that statement is that the only guys that can really improve are Mangold and Ferguson. As for the other 3, Kendall and Clement are aging and on the downhill slide (Clement has never been that good anyways; a career backup), while Moore is pretty much mediocre and will never really go beyond that. Those 3 are beyond "developing".

As a unit, they could get better. But I refuse to bank on that. We traded for Thomas Jones to improve the running game. Now the front office needs to get him some blockers.

I watched most of the first round today and called it a day. I just got home and started catching up. So basically you guys spent all of your picks moving up and now you are left with a 6th. and a 7th? YEESH!! They had better hope to hell they just drafted two perennial pro bowlers. I really had a feeling we were either going to go with Joe Staley at 28 but didn't even bat an eye when they traded the pick. Looks like we'll be busy little beavers with all of the second day picks we have piled up.

The only problem with that statement is that the only guys that can really improve are Mangold and Ferguson. As for the other 3, Kendall and Clement are aging and on the downhill slide (Clement has never been that good anyways; a career backup), while Moore is pretty much mediocre and will never really go beyond that. Those 3 are beyond "developing".

As a unit, they could get better. But I refuse to bank on that. We traded for Thomas Jones to improve the running game. Now the front office needs to get him some blockers.

I guess they are confident on guys like goodard who are backup's can do the job or that we can pick someone up after the june 1st cuts. Maybe they have something planned for the forth round.

I guess they are confident on guys like goodard who are backup's can do the job or that we can pick someone up after the june 1st cuts. Maybe they have something planned for the forth round.

Tannenbaum stated that it is highly unlikely they try to acquire a 4th or 5th rounder. They're satisfied with this draft, so it would seem.

Anthony Clement cannot be our starting RT in 2007 if we want to win a championship. Period.

Tannenbaum stated that it is highly unlikely they try to acquire a 4th or 5th rounder. They're satisfied with this draft, so it would seem.

Anthony Clement cannot be our starting RT in 2007 if we want to win a championship. Period.

I do agree with you. I really wanted to get a G/OT or both in this draft. I wanted Blalock or Grubbs. I would have settled on Alleman or one of the second tier.

Archived