Mirabelli: That wasnt Blood

Kidhuman

On mike and Mike today the stated ESPN announcer and Baltimore broadcaster Gary Thorn states Red Sox catcher Doug Mirabelli told him that it wasnt blood on Schillings sock. Mirabelli is denying the statement but thorn is sticking to it.

I cant find an article on it on ESPN website, but they are talking about it. It wouldnt surprise me if it wasnt blood.

On mike and Mike today the stated ESPN announcer and Baltimore broadcaster Gary Thorn states Red Sox catcher Doug Mirabelli told him that it wasnt blood on Schillings sock. Mirabelli is denying the statement but thorn is sticking to it.

I cant find an article on it on ESPN website, but they are talking about it. It wouldnt surprise me if it wasnt blood.

Why wouldn't it surprise you? Why?

This story is quite the hot topic around New England today. I think it is total garbage. He had his ankle SLICED open and stitched back up. Ofcourse it would bleed! What are they trying to gain by throwing such a ridiculous statement like that out there.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/04/26/bloody_mess/

Why wouldn't it surprise you? Why?

This story is quite the hot topic around New England today. I think it is total garbage. He had his ankle SLICED open and stitched back up. Ofcourse it would bleed! What are they trying to gain by throwing such a ridiculous statement like that out there.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/04/26/bloody_mess/

It was paint. They don't leave open wounds like that to leak into your sock. Schilling is a clown and a fraud as usual.

"What? Are you kidding me? He's [expletive] lying. A straight lie. I never said that. I know it was blood. Everybody knows it was blood." -- 4.25.07, Doug Mirabelli

That oughta settle it.

Why the hell would Gary Thorne, one of the most respected broadcasters in the country, lie? And who but a Red Sox homer would believe Schilling's teammate over him?

Why the hell would Gary Thorne, one of the most respected broadcasters in the country, lie? And who but a Red Sox homer would believe Schilling's teammate over him?

baseballhall8.jpg

Paint doesn't dry like dry blood. This should be enough for you people. Gary Thorne should stick to hockey.

baseballhall8.jpg

Paint doesn't dry like dry blood. This should be enough for you people. Gary Thorne should stick to hockey.

Prove that's the same sock Dirty Curty wore, and not one they drizzled with beef blood from a Fenway hamburger package afterward.

Go ahead.

Typical for you yankee Neanderthals to be drooling with this one. There is just so much wrong with this claim, it is outrageous. Why would Thorne throw this out now, and not sooner after the '04 series?

I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Millar was behind this one with another of his 'pranks'.

this is the most retarded thread started about the most retarded baseball story I've ever read.

All of a sudden, madmike of all people is an expert in the medical field. Usually i can write off some of the morons on here, but you people are making my hair hurt!

This is nonsense. Some broadcaster throwing sh*t against the wall hoping it sticks...now all of the Curtis "John Wayne" Schilling haters are going to come out of the woodwork and make unfunny jokes...spare me!

It really doesn't matter what is on the sock.

The sock may be in the Hall of Fame, but the rest of Schilling will never get in!

Right. Two World Series MVPs, 200+ wins, and bringing a championship to Boston looks awful on a resume. Not to mention how many 20+ win seasons?

And to whomever said what Schilling did was no big deal, he had an ankle tendon sewn and pitched the next day. That's pretty bona fide.

Right. Two World Series MVPs, 200+ wins, and bringing a championship to Boston looks awful on a resume. Not to mention how many 20+ win seasons?

And to whomever said what Schilling did was no big deal, he had an ankle tendon sewn and pitched the next day. That's pretty bona fide.

What Schilling did in the 2004 ALCS was incredible. I won't take that away from him. Excuse me............:puke:

There, that's better. That is an impressive resume Schilling has, but he's not getting in.

It was paint. They don't leave open wounds like that to leak into your sock. Schilling is a clown and a fraud as usual.

Actually, they sometimes do. Especially when they need to go back into the wound the next day.

I saw this all the time when I was a combat flight medic in the Army.

What is your medical background?

Actually, they sometimes do. Especially when they need to go back into the wound the next day.

Sorry Thor, unless you're a 20 year retired medic and or surgeon that's just not going to be a big enough sample size.

Sorry Thor, unless you're a 20 year retired medic and or surgeon that's just not going to be a big enough sample size.

But I compiled 4 years worth of stats.

The only thing keeping me out of the HOF is my IV%.

But I compiled 4 years worth of stats.

The only thing keeping me out of the HOF is my IV%.

Sorry...just contacted Elias and they said you had several incdents of accidently using LR over the ordered NS. Everybody knows that LR is way overrated.

So after Thorne retracted his comments, I see the yankee yobs are here saying they were wrong also. Oh wait......my bad.

I can understand people not liking Bonds, but the bloodhunt for Schilling just because he talks too much and is opinionated is incredible.

So after Thorne retracted his comments, I see the yankee yobs are here saying they were wrong also. Oh wait......my bad.

I can understand people not liking Bonds, but the bloodhunt for Schilling just because he talks too much and is opinionated is incredible.

He didn't retract his comments, he claimed "misunderstanding" just to end the controversy. never thought that was blood, I didn't need thist o come out to change my mind BUT it doesn't change the fact that Schilling played hurt and was spectacular in doing the impossible- leading a loser franchise to a fluke World Championship for the 1st time in 86 years.

Doc,

He saw an episode of House.

What is going to happen when you have an evasive surgery, the term by the Team Surgeon used, on a right hand pitcher's right foot and used 3 suchers (sp?) to keep this evasive surgery closed? It is going to bleed. :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure, anyone has their ankle tendon tied down with stitches, they are going to be asked to stay off the foot to keep them from ripping.

Here is the fallacy with the bloody sock. It adds nothing to the story. If it was a prop, he must have been clairvoyant to see far enough into the future he was going to pitch well. Win or Lose, him going out there hours after getting his foot cut makes it a heroic (bad term) gesture. Win just added to it.

Doc,

He saw an episode of House.

What is going to happen when you have an evasive surgery, the term by the Team Surgeon used, on a right hand pitcher's right foot and used 3 suchers (sp?) to keep this evasive surgery closed? It is going to bleed. :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure, anyone has their ankle tendon tied down with stitches, they are going to be asked to stay off the foot to keep them from ripping.

Here is the fallacy with the bloody sock. It adds nothing to the story. If it was a prop, he must have been clairvoyant to see far enough into the future he was going to pitch well. Win or Lose, him going out there hours after getting his foot cut makes it a heroic (bad term) gesture. Win just added to it.

I notice there is no response from Mike in this thread.

Knowing that Schilling was going to be pitching, I imagine the doctor didn't even bother to suture his exterior wound. All that movement would tear the stitches and cause more damage. A couple easily removable butterflies, and sent him on his way.

Archived