double headers after cancelation?

joebabyny

I don't really follow baseball, so bare with the dumb question. The yanks begin a weekend series against the sox tomorrow night. If tomorrows game gets canceled because of weather, which it looks like it might, will they just turn the next days game into a double header?

I don't really follow baseball, so bare with the dumb question. The yanks begin a weekend series against the sox tomorrow night. If tomorrows game gets canceled because of weather, which it looks like it might, will they just turn the next days game into a double header?

Depends on Saturdays weather as with Boston in the same division they have plenty of oppurtunities to make it up during the summer.

Regardless , the new trend in todays game is day-night double headers with separate gates and tickets for each game. Not like the old days Joey when you could purchase one ticket and see two games.

VERY rare nowadays to have a traditional DH...owners won't give up the $$$ to let people see 2 games for the price of one, can't say I blame them. Day-night DH's are here to stay...game 1 at 1:00, game 2 @ 8:00.

I used to love going to scheduled DH's in the early 80's on Sunday afternoons. Me and my dad used to go to Shea for them. There would be like 3 scheduled DH's a year for each team.

Archived