"Prepare for the worst, Jets fans" - ESPN Article

raffyD

I thought this was a good read and wanted to share with everyone, although I will point out that about 80% of the guys on this site could have written at least as good if not better article on the subject.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=pearlman/070426&sportCat=nfl

Prepare for the worst, Jets fans

By Jeff Pearlman

Special to Page 2

Usually I don't do this type of thing.

Usually if I'm interviewing someone, I stick to the subject at hand. Shawn Green wants to talk hitting the opposite way, we talk hitting the opposite way. Allen Iverson wants to talk crossovers, we talk crossovers.

But this, I couldn't resist.

A couple of weeks ago I was on the phone with Blair Thomas, speaking specifically about his brief late-career stint with the Dallas Cowboys in 1994. Thomas was humble and introspective, fondly recalling the zip on a Troy Aikman spiral and the circus-like atmosphere that followed the team from city to city. "So anyhow," he said upon emptying his mental notebook, "if there's anything else you need to know

Wow thats great but loads of other teams passed on those prospects too. Also didn't somebody post an article recently saying how the last 10 years or so the Jets 1st round selections have the second highest percentage of being starters in the NFL?

"Well, now that you mention it," I said. "Just out of curiosity, if the New York Jets select Emmitt Smith with the No. 2 pick in the 1990 draft, and Blair Thomas is picked later by the Cowboys, are you going to the Hall of Fame?"

Loooooong pause.

"I know it's sort of a dumb question," I interjected. "I just

Emmitt Smith was a ****ing GREAT running back. I'm sick of people under-rating the guy. **** you, Blair Thomas. You could have been drafted by any team in any era and the only way you'd have got into Canton is with a ticket.

what a waste of an article, has this guy been under a rock for the last couple of years?

What I don't really understand is why anyone continues to read Page 2 columns. It is possibly the worst excuse for "journalism" I have ever seen. The fact that people can write as poorly and non-informed as them gives me much hope for my future, which hopefully will come in the field.

What I don't really understand is why anyone continues to read Page 2 columns. It is possibly the worst excuse for "journalism" I have ever seen. The fact that people can write as poorly and non-informed as them gives me much hope for my future, which hopefully will come in the field.

Ouch! :P

Yes, I read page 2 but usually because I do enjoy Simmons' articles.

He would have been a Hall Of Famer???

Uhh, dude, GREAT PLAYERS ARE GREAT REGARDLESS WHAT TEAM THEY ARE ON.

Sounds like you are just bitter because your talent peaked in college and your pro career flamed out. It wasnt the Jets. It was you. Take responsibility for it. And disappear back into oblivion

Archived