Joe Torre

kloogy

I am finding the team's performance to be lame and unacceptable. Their hitting is up to par, but the ENTIRE pitching staff is worth two sh.its in the wind. Who will take the fall for this ? If things don't change quickly, it may be time to do something I have been against for a long time. I think it may be time for Joe to hang it up and move on. I don't see the fire and intensity in him , no way no how. The pitching staff is underacheiving, and he seems to be on cruise control. What do you true Yankee fans think. I have been following this team since I can remember. I have seen the horrid 80's etc. I know we can't always be on top, but it is time for a change.

If this streak hits 9- another sweep-Torre is going to be looking for work early next week. Pitching injuries are one thing. But even bad teams do better than this.Teams with $187 million payrolls don't get cut this kind of slack. Plus he only has this year on his contract, so if they fire him they only owe him through October, which is a situation Torre hasn't ever had here.

I tend to agree with you on this. I would actually like to see him let go after this series if they don't win the next 2 games. I love Joe to death and appreciate everything he did for the Yanks, but it may be time to move on.

Question for Yankee fans-Ron Guidry is he part of the blame for what is happening with the pitching so far as the pitching coach?

As a Mets fan but a Yankee observer I think having Wang-Pettitte-Moose-Hughes all in the rotation should right the ship somewhat. If Moose has indeed lost the 5mph off his fastball though and Hughes is only a 5inning pitcher I may be proved wrong.

Ham must be working on his draft mocks or he'd surely be here calling the season over.

Somebody needs to splash an espresso over Torre's face, wake him up, and tell him that Doug Mientkiewicz cannot be an every day player anymore. He is a defensive replacement, not an every day player. The guy cannot hit. Period. Sooner or later you get a hit just because the law of averages catch up to you, that aint even happening for Dougie. Either make him a D-replacement or send him where he belongs - to the Triple A bus.

And the most bizzarre thing is that Torre batted him second two nights ago.

Somebody needs to splash an espresso over Torre's face, wake up him, and tell him that Doug Mientkiewicz cannot be an every day player anymore. He is a defensive replacement, not an every day player. The guy cannot hit. Period. Sooner or later you get a hit just because the law of averages catch up to you, that aint even happening for Dougie. Either make him a D-replacement or send him where he belongs - to the Triple A bus.

As a Met fan I could have told them from a couple of years ago when he was on the Mets-the guy was through as a hitter then. that being said right now that is just about the least of the problems.

Question for Yankee fans-Ron Guidry is he part of the blame for what is happening with the pitching so far as the pitching coach?

No...they had half of their starters hurt..no Wang..no Mussina..and Pavano is a china doll..once they get healthy they will be alright.

Somebody needs to splash an espresso over Torre's face, wake him up, and tell him that Doug Mientkiewicz cannot be an every day player anymore. He is a defensive replacement, not an every day player. The guy cannot hit. Period. Sooner or later you get a hit just because the law of averages catch up to you, that aint even happening for Dougie. Either make him a D-replacement or send him where he belongs - to the Triple A bus.

Funny that when i said almost this exact thing when he was signed, many people on this site called me a moron and told me I had no idea what i was talking about.

Funny that when i said almost this exact thing when he was signed, many people on this site called me a moron and told me I had no idea what i was talking about.

Offense has not been the problem. The staff being only capable of 4 innings a outing has been. The young pitchers were also way overhyped.

Offense has not been the problem. The staff being only capable of 4 innings a outing has been. The young pitchers were also way overhyped.
Offense is PART of the problem and the fact that the yankees have automatic outs in their lineup and no depth has cost them games this year. As far as the young pitching, the guys who are the real prospects are either not here yet or have one start (hughes)

Which time was that? I'm losing count :-$\:D/

J/K mike

mike..where's your sense of humor? relax dude,I was just busting your balls..and yes,surprisingly you were right for once! ;)

maybe if you went back and look at what i actually said rather than what people who hate me said about me you'd see that i'm right more times than not.

Archived