CAN BRADY QUINN FALL TO #25?

PeterNorth09

Miami and Minnesota passed up on him. The only teams between 11 and us at #25 that may be interested in a QB are Jacksonville and KC. Granted nothing crazy happens like the Phins taking Teddy Ginn.

Question: If Quinn is there at #25, do you take him?

I think STL might take him.

Mangini does not take QUINN. he has pennignton and whats his face... Unless mangini wants to take him and trade him.

Pennington is toward the end of his career so it comes down to is quinn better than clemens, if he is you trade a young clemens and take quinn.

I like that idea... maybe we could package Clemens the 25th pick and another player JMac/Barton to get a real future qb of the New York Jets?

I like that idea, actually. A great idea from a new poster! Welcome aboard leonwash29!

Hey, if he falls down near the 20th pick why not trade up and steal him?? Even though Brick and Mangold worked out great for us we also looked at Leinart hard last year. Trading up to get Quinn would be the perfect substitute of not getting Leinart last year and still having Brick and Mangold. We shouldnt be so conservative all the time... the last major move we made was getting Ty Law and look what he did for us that one year, grow some balls and pull the trigger Mangini!

Bills take Lynch!!

If I'm a Bills fan I'm not crazy about that move. Lynch is a talented RB but Leon Hall and Chris Houston were both available and a talented corner is much harder to find. They should have drafted Hall or Houston and taken Antonio Pittman or Kenny Irons in Round 2.

Miami and Minnesota passed up on him. The only teams between 11 and us at #25 that may be interested in a QB are Jacksonville and KC. Granted nothing crazy happens like the Phins taking Teddy Ginn.

Question: If Quinn is there at #25, do you take him?

No, I try and trade the pick to Detroit or Cleveland for additional picks.

Salisbury was killing Quinn on tv saying he's not accurate. I agree Quinn's accuracy leaves something to be desired but he has a very strong arm and he is mobile. Accuracy is something that can be worked on and improved, not the case with arm strength and mobility.

No, I try and trade the pick to Detroit or Cleveland for additional picks.

Screw the other picks we need to make sure we have the perfect fitted qaurterback for the future, its the most important position on the field and they arent that easily found this late in the draft. I dont expect the Jets to be in the 1-10 draft slot next year so get him now. We havent found the future qb in a while and we need one that can throw farther then 40 yards and that doesnt loft screen passes, im sick of pennington.

it really is amazing how quick everyone turned on whats his face for Brady Quinn... I mean is he really that much of an upgrade over whats his face? Last year people were saying that what his face had the chance to be the best quaterback selected out of that draft...

everyone in here is on hype juice. Defense wins championships... Case in point, dilger or something with tampa.

Screw the other picks we need to make sure we have the perfect fitted qaurterback for the future, its the most important position on the field and they arent that easily found this late in the draft. I dont expect the Jets to be in the 1-10 draft slot next year so get him now. We havent found the future qb in a while and we need one that can throw farther then 40 yards and that doesnt loft screen passes, im sick of pennington.

You can't write off Clemens this soon. Clemens would have been a 1st rounder last draft if not for a injury. If you have a depth chart of Pennington and a guy you grabbed in the 2nd round last year and who was regarded very highly by Jaws, you don't select a QB in Quinn who every other team that needed a QB has passed on.

it really is amazing how quick everyone turned on whats his face for Brady Quinn... I mean is he really that much of an upgrade over whats his face? Last year people were saying that what his face had the chance to be the best quaterback selected out of that draft...

everyone in here is on hype juice. Defense wins championships... Case in point, dilger or something with tampa.

Yes defense is important but having a good QB is just as important. Please don't try to argue Trent Dilfer, he was playing with arguably the greatest defense ever in B-more and an excellent running game.

Maybe you want the Jets to be like the Chicago Bears last year. Great defense, sh*t quarterback. That formula didn't work for them.

Why would we trade up 25 and 59 to get a corner at #14 when Chris Houston would have probably been there at #25 already?

Becuase we got a better CB that Mangini obviously really likes... considering Mangini made Poteat a decent starter for us last season.... I trust him...

Archived