I'm pumped up about J.Vilma and D.Harris in the middle of this 3-4

Okay, just so I have this straight. The Jets are still working with the same D line that was manhandled all last season. They now have two 230 lb. ILB and you're excited about this? :shock:

easy there PATFANTX Jr., im sure vilma has beefed up and david harris is 245, plus we upgraded our defense line with coleman over kimo.

Okay, just so I have this straight. The Jets are still working with the same D line that was manhandled all last season. They now have two 230 lb. ILB and you're excited about this? :shock:

David Harris is 245 pounds an is regarded as a perfect size and fit for a 3-4 defense. This guy was one of the guys the Jets were considering in the first round at the 25 spot originally and when he dropped that far they figured they had to go and get him. This is great value for that pick. He will be an excellent ILB IMO.

easy there PATFANTX Jr., im sure vilma has beefed up and david harris is 245, plus we upgraded our defense line with coleman over kimo.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/harris_david

It's a serious question. The pick really makes no sense to me. Vilma was absolutely abused last season behind that D line. They have done nothing to adress it and have thrown another ILB who is light in the a$$ to fix the problem? If the Jets ran a 4-3 they would be all set.

David Harris is 245 pounds an is regarded as a perfect size and fit for a 3-4 defense. This guy was one of the guys the Jets were considering in the first round at the 25 spot originally and when he dropped that far they figured they had to go and get him. This is great value for that pick. He will be an excellent ILB IMO.

I guess we're getting our info from different places because NFL has him listed at 239 and they said he is basically maxed out without losing speed.

We don't have the same D-line and the dude is 240-245, so you're 0-2.

It's a serious question. The pick really makes no sense to me. Vilma was absolutely abused last season behind that D line. They have done nothing to adress it and have thrown another ILB who is light in the a$$ to fix the problem? If the Jets ran a 4-3 they would be all set.

Haha, this is kind of true. We are built perfectly for the 4-3.

Patriots liked Harris as well and supposedly also tryed to trade up for Reves.

But hey you guys nabbed the 4th best safety in the draft despite having plenty of trade up ammo at your disposal. Oh yeah, he's a high character guy to boot.

I guess we're getting our info from different places because NFL has him listed at 239 and they said he is basically maxed out without losing speed.

The jerk store called..theyre running out of you. :)

Year 2 in the 3-4 should be better than year 1. I am happy with the picks they made today and I think Harris adds alot of strength and physical toughness to the defense.

Patriots liked Harris as well and supposedly also tryed to trade up for Reves.

But hey you guys nabbed the 4th best safety in the draft despite having plenty of trade up ammo at your disposal. Oh yeah, he's a high character guy to boot.

The 4th. best safety according to Mel Kiper maybe. We see every year how all of those rankings play out.

Alk points out some very valid concerns imo. But, fortunately, with Max replacing Kimo, the D-Line should be a lot better this year. I also hear of plans to play a 2-5, or simply put 10 men on defense, and my sources tell me this is actually an upgrade over Kimo.

He's a great fit for this team. Excellent 3-4 ILB and argueably the best one in the draft. He's the run stuffing LB we need next to Vilma and they should form a nice duo. I think he'll be something like a slightly more agile Jerimiah Trotter.

You can argue what we gave up but no one can argue that he's not a great fit for this defense.

BTW, he weighed in at 245lbs at his pro day so he's got plenty enough size.

The same d-line? LMAO. We've only signed like 28 DE's this offseason.

Has a thick upper body frame with good chest muscle definition, broad shoulders, developed arms, thick neck, good thickness in his thighs and calves

Archived