Randy Moss Traded to the Patriots (Merged 6X)

Lil Bit Special

According to Yahoo! the pats also gave up a first rounder in next years draft in the deal.

Breaking NewsPatriots to acquire Randy MossRandy Moss' days as a Raider appear to be done. Oakland has reportedly agreed to send the disgruntled wide receiver to the Patriots for a fourth-round pick and a 2008 first-rounder.

:rl::rl::rl::rl:

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to Yahoo! the pats also gave up a first rounder in next years draft in the deal.

Breaking NewsPatriots to acquire Randy MossRandy Moss' days as a Raider appear to be done. Oakland has reportedly agreed to send the disgruntled wide receiver to the Patriots for a fourth-round pick and a 2008 first-rounder.

I think people are getting confused. The 4th round pick is the one the 49ers gave to New England in exchange for the swapping of firsts.

hes just another old wide-out for brady to ounderthrow

That is true. He can now just throw it up for grabs and let Randy run under it and get it. After all, Chad parlayed that into a first round draft selection and over 60 million dollars in contracts.

WOW.

Double wow, they gave up next year's first for a possible cancer. I wonder if the pats fans still think it's worth the gamble considering it was originally reported as only a 4th(which I agree would have been a STEAL)?:rl:

I would not be happy with this because it appears to confirm that Belly is gonzo after this year and doesn't give a rats as to what happens thereafter. Sounds very Parcells like.

LOL Ecurb. This does suck but it's not the end of the world. We'll have to see if Moss can get his sh!t together and start acting and playing like a true professional.

Corey did and had career highs in rushing yards and TDs.

So, Randy could be on tap for about 120 catches, 1800 yards 20 TDs. ;)

it hasn't been for the past 3 seasons JC...this doesn't worry me as much as it does a lot of other Jets fans-I've seen what this guy has done to himself and it's something I've seen happen to a LOT of people with God-given talent who don't cultivate it...God takes it back

The one thing that could get him on the right track is the idea that a ring is within reach for him. If he effs up his opportunity with NE, he is basically done.

You better hope yahoo is wrong.

They are making a mistake. When they talked about it on the ESPN draft show, they flashed the 49ers trade. When I saw that I about **** myself. All reports are saying the 4th they acquired from the 49ers is it.

If that's true, then he is done before he begins. But it is the one thing that could get him to focus his talent in a positive direction.

From Len:

Convinced in discussions with Randy Moss that he believes his NFL legacy is tied to winning a Super Bowl and not to individual accomplishments

Might be talk, but it is the right talk.

How much are they paying him, anyway?

:Typotux:

He is due 20 million over the next two years (9+ and 11+).

On Boston.com it is saying he has agreed to restructure and/or extend his contract to make the deal work. My guess a little bit of both. Something along the lines of Dillon and Stallworth were they have a year to feel each other out and then a large bonus or something kicks in to see if it is a long or one year deal.

Guys Moss is only 31 - younger than TO and many other WRs int he league...not to mention Moss basically just took a year off. He is going to dominate with the supporting cast of elite players around him. I don't even wanna think about how bad this is for the Jets...I thought we were finally catching up to NE. Now, I think we'll be lucky if NE doesn't win the Superbowl

This is their year to get back to the big dance. They are loaded across the board.

It makes it even sweeter to think of them falling just short again in '07!

I would love that..

Hoepfully they are bagged with a lot of injuries.

I am interested to see Moss and Belicheck on the same sideline. That should be something..of course Moss is nowhere near as bad as TO but still Moss has a pretty big ego.

Hoepfully they are bagged with a lot of injuries.

No way man..can't wish injuries on another team no matter how bad you hate them...if the Jets are to win the division we need to beat the Pats fair and square

Archived